Legacy of Norrath cards (loot) [Archive] - Necrotalk.com

PDA

View Full Version : Legacy of Norrath cards (loot)

Sihk
08-03-2008, 08:08 PM
I keep getting these legacy of norrath trading card things as loot. What in the hell are these things and do they give me any benefit inside Everquest or to my character? Or are they virtual coupons for some real life EQ trading cards? Cause if that's the case then /grats destroy button.

Thanks.

Carlon
08-04-2008, 06:24 PM
i think all of them are relatively useless unless you play the card game, although a few of them can net you some cash... namely booster packs/starter decks, or stuff that contains booster packs.

i think booster packs have a chance of giving you a loot card which you can redeem for some sweet shit like particle effects on your character, special mounts, weapon ornamentations, xp pots, etc

GnekroeGnomicon
08-04-2008, 08:49 PM
I am still a bit fuzzy on how loot cards work, or rather can you get them in booster packs you find in EQ or do you have to purchase booster packs outside of EQ to get them. While some of the gimmicky mounts are pretty cool (I would love a manticore), a guildy mentioned a loot card that gave a permanent(?) hp increase of 650 hp (who knows the accuracy, but my interest is perked).

encephalitis
08-04-2008, 09:32 PM
There is the Nagafen familiar, which grants 650hp buff to user, and is a familiar, so basically a 7 hour buff or whatever, non-dispellable.

AFAIK all booster packs are created equal in terms of loot card chances (being extremely low).

I've only ever looted 2 booster packs, and I have never regretted opening them both. I could have sold them for 50k, but I'm willing to trade 50k for the chance at a 1mil loot card. That, and they didn't cost me anything, as they came to me in the normal course of gameplay.

solithan
08-04-2008, 10:30 PM
Only boosters have a chance for loot. No single cards or starter decks. Please note that a starter SET contains boosters which do. Many people report that boosters drop in game have a lower chance to provide loot then ones purchased but they sware thats a myth. The odds are roughly 1 in 12 of getting some form of loot. To get a "sweet" loot card you'll need 50-60 boosters if not more and the only surefire way to get one is to trade for it. Otherwise you're going to end up getting some illusions unless your very lucky.
If your really intrested in getting a loot, I would ask what loot and how much are you willing to spend? Then I'd either tell you or suggest you going into the posted trades section and seeing what you can get.
1-2 boosters can get you simple illusions.
1 can get you a item re-skin.
7-10ish can get you an xp pot pack.
10ish can get you a low-end firmilar
15ish can get you a visage=decent illusion
20+ can get you a decent pet
40-50+ can get you something nice.
The top 3 often run for crazy high amounts like 40boosters +random other mid tier loots.

Hope that helps

encephalitis
08-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Posted trades? Is that a location within the card game? Or some forum?

Vanlor
08-04-2008, 11:07 PM
Could anyone post links to some of the best loot cards? I mean like, beneficial to playing, not illusions/mounts. Something like the Kiss of Erollsi Marr. Also, there are 3? different types of booster packs now? I am guessing they drop different sets of cards and loot cards?

Drazzminius
08-05-2008, 12:07 AM
Oathbreaker Loot (http://legendsofnorrath.station.sony.com/rewards.vm?category=eq&section=oathbreaker)
Inquisitor Loot (http://legendsofnorrath.station.sony.com/rewards.vm?category=eq&section=inquisitor)
Foresworn Loot (http://legendsofnorrath.station.sony.com/rewards.vm?category=eq&section=forsworn)
Oathbound Loot (http://legendsofnorrath.station.sony.com/rewards.vm?category=eq)

scrat
08-05-2008, 04:41 AM
Posted trades? Is that a location within the card game? Or some forum?

It is within the LoN client that you can view posted trades.

Lylith
08-05-2008, 12:46 PM
They are dropping a lot. I've had about 10 over the past 4 days. It'd be okay if I could sell to vendor, but nope. They have no value. Unlike past LON loot crazy days, these do not sell well in the baz. I had mine up for 100 to 150 pp and not 1 nibble. Older cards I've been able to sell for between 500 to 2 k pp. I think the drop rate is really high or the population is just not interested in these LON cards.

I have gotten 3-4 boosters in the past, but none in the past 6+ months. Green House in Katta was good - got 2 there if I recall. Must be because those mobs are killed all the time ( or were.)

Aegrusnecrox
08-05-2008, 03:08 PM
There are like 2 worth having: the nagafen familiar, and the kiss of erollisi marr (instant 10,000 mana back reuse 20 hours)

-Egg

solithan
08-05-2008, 03:11 PM
Here are the following LoN Drops you can get in EQ.
Starter deck = worthless
Starter Set = worth 2 booster pack
Booster pack from one of the 4 sets out = worthwhile
Single card player = card used for player decks = on occasion worth a little
Single card monster = card used for monster deck = on occasion worth a little

The Top loot cards in the game mostly come from the original set.
Kiss of Mar = 10,000 mana refreshed. Usable 1/day
Naggy firmilar = +600hps
Mounts = fast2 or fastest mount in game
(mounts lost some value as they became more common)

The current "hot" item is the Siren Visage.

Other "useful" loot cards include
Scale = +10,000(i think) HPs refreshed. Usable 1/day
Pings potions packs = usually 5xp pots.

So all in all there are about a dozen worth while loot cards out of probably 100 loots. So you got maybe a 10% chance to get something cool, with an avg of 10-12boosters per attempt.
The best way to get loot it to wait for a loot tourney weekend and play.

The Kobald King = +404mana was obtained this way, along with the scale and a fast lizard mount.

Xislaben
08-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Each booster itself has a 1/8 chance, roughly, of dropping 'some' kind of loot card. Mounts are 1/300ish boosters, illusions are more rare than potions but not as rare as mounts, maybe 1/30. The mana infusion clicky is pretty rare too.

There are in game illusions, pets (non agro ones) called familairs, potions for various things, and a few clickies that are nice from super fast mounts to instant mana, and various mold that change the way weapons look but are silly.

Bridle of the Mystical Kirin (http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=40603)
1: Summon Horse: SumKirin0Fast

Familiar of Lord Nagafen (http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=40628)
1: Summon Familiar: FamiliarDragon
2: See Invisible(1)
8: Increase Max Hitpoints by 18 (L1) to 650 (L80)

Kiss of Erollisi Marr (http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=40610)
1: Increase Endurance by 5000
2: Increase Mana by 10000

Lots of illusions (http://lucy.allakhazam.com/itemlist.html?searchtext=Visage+of)

Various other familiars that do different things, mostly useless. there's a +mana pool one and a non-dispellable levitation.

Jebasiz
08-05-2008, 08:03 PM
They should put 2.0 orbs and 2.5 pages in as lon loot. The topic keeps coming up(about them being 'too hard(tm)"). Want invocation of night? Insert your Credit Card and we'll get that out to you right away!

Xis, tell Rytan and Eli. I'm sure they'll actually think it's a good idea!

solithan
08-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Each booster itself has a 1/8 chance
Perhaps I'm amazingly unlucky but I've opened a lot of booster and I didn't even come close to that number.

I guess its like the 1:20 chance to skill up where people go on streak of 200+ combines without seeing a skillup.

I know I went on a 37 opened boosters without a single loot. The 38th pack ofcorse was a nimbus of the plague..(worthless) go figure.

They should put 2.0 orbs and 2.5 pages in as lon loot.
LOL. I know there is a bunch out there that the loot items "get them up in arms" because they become "must haves" like the naggy firmilar. Then enough get them so the raid content gets tuned to people that have them and spiral spiral spiral.

Personally I dont think its a big deal, but I dont think raid content should be tuned to having every cleric with a kiss and every tank with a naggy.

They are going to do what it takes to sell the card game. Ironically the card game purests hate the loot cards because it brings down the value of the rares as people by boxes of cards chasing the naggy. EQ players that dont have cash hate the loot because they "cannot obtain it" and or because of the "required" aspect of it.

I think the card game is fun and the loot cards are neat so I dont see what the big deal is. But thats just me :)

Lylith
08-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Personally I dont think its a big deal, but I dont think raid content should be tuned to having every cleric with a kiss and every tank with a naggy.

very true!!

I had the LON bug when it came out. Luckily, I did not have a credit card or I'm sure I would have went nuts trying to get one of the mounts!

I'm over it now. lol.

Sihk
08-06-2008, 12:12 AM
So um...I can buy the fastest mount in the game through one of these LON cards? Did I miss it? What is the exact card name? I just click the card and the mount bridle appears in my inventory?

And do any of these illusions or rewards have damage shields? if so, what is the exact name of the card?

Xislaben
08-06-2008, 02:59 AM
So um...I can buy the fastest mount in the game through one of these LON cards? Did I miss it? What is the exact card name? I just click the card and the mount bridle appears in my inventory?

And do any of these illusions or rewards have damage shields? if so, what is the exact name of the card?

You can get the fastest mount in the game (there's lots of them the same super speed) by opening the right lucky booster, or you can trade tons of unopened boosters for one.

Afaik the item names are:

Bridle of the Wrulon Warder
Bridle of the Plagued Cragslither
Bridle of the Cursed Kirin
Bridle of the Guardian Wrulon
Bridle of the Wrulon Protector
Bridle of the Crimson Cragslither
Bridle of the Viridian Cragslither
Bridle of the Snow Leopard
Bridle of the Shadow Panther
Bridle of the Seething Chimera
Bridle of the Commanded Feran
Bridle of the Ferocious Feran
Bridle of the Mystical Kirin

Lashden
08-06-2008, 04:27 AM
very true!!

I had the LON bug when it came out. Luckily, I did not have a credit card or I'm sure I would have went nuts trying to get one of the mounts!

I'm over it now. lol.

Heh, a guildie of mine spent something like $3k on boosters...and never got his mount. Scary stuff.

Lylith
08-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Heh, a guildie of mine spent something like $3k on boosters...and never got his mount. Scary stuff.

omg!!! I'm flabbergasted!! I was feeling kind of ickky thinking to spend $99.00 for the booster set special when it first came out ( I never did.) 3k is mind boggling!!!

Jebasiz
08-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Each booster itself has a 1/8 chance
Perhaps I'm amazingly unlucky but I've opened a lot of booster and I didn't even come close to that number.

I guess its like the 1:20 chance to skill up where people go on streak of 200+ combines without seeing a skillup.

I know I went on a 37 opened boosters without a single loot. The 38th pack ofcorse was a nimbus of the plague..(worthless) go figure.

They should put 2.0 orbs and 2.5 pages in as lon loot.
LOL. I know there is a bunch out there that the loot items "get them up in arms" because they become "must haves" like the naggy firmilar. Then enough get them so the raid content gets tuned to people that have them and spiral spiral spiral.

They are going to do what it takes to sell the card game. Ironically the card game purests hate the loot cards because it brings down the value of the rares as people by boxes of cards chasing the naggy. EQ players that dont have cash hate the loot because they "cannot obtain it" and or because of the "required" aspect of it.

I think the card game is fun and the loot cards are neat so I dont see what the big deal is. But thats just me :)

lol, well. I was trying to be funny (. I hate lon. Sadly, it'll only get worse and worse for eq.

Lashden
08-06-2008, 04:31 PM
omg!!! I'm flabbergasted!! I was feeling kind of ickky thinking to spend $99.00 for the booster set special when it first came out ( I never did.) 3k is mind boggling!!!

It can actually be pretty addicting. I should dig up the pictures of my MtG collection before I sold most of it. It was something like 45.5k cards :o . That's the main reason I don't buy LoN boosters very often...at least with MtG I got some of my money back.

encephalitis
08-06-2008, 05:21 PM
If you're going to spend $3,000, why not just simply buy platinum and then buy the damned loot card?

I think you could probably get on the order of about 30 MILLION plat for $3,000.

If you can't buy the loot card from someone in game for that, you're doing it wrong.

Lashden
08-06-2008, 05:26 PM
If you're going to spend $3,000, why not just simply buy platinum and then buy the damned loot card?

I think you could probably get on the order of about 30 MILLION plat for $3,000.

If you can't buy the loot card from someone in game for that, you're doing it wrong.

Because, it's 'only one more booster pack.' LoL

encephalitis
08-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Because, it's 'only one more booster pack.' LoL

Ah, yes.

Hey, what time is the next Neil Diamond show in Shadowhaven? Anyone know?

solithan
08-06-2008, 05:42 PM

You missed it actually. The lizard mount was a automatic loot for participating in a tournement. Pay 10$ buying event passes, join event, loose event, get Lizard mount.

The same is true of the Scale and the Kobald firmilar.

As has been stated the only way currently to get one is to get lucky or make a trade.

p.s. They are likely to do it again at some point.

solithan
08-06-2008, 05:53 PM
lol, well. I was trying to be funny (. I hate lon. Sadly, it'll only get worse and worse for eq.

I know :)
I've just read the debate one too many times so I figured I'd jump the gun and post the entire debate to save the time.

My honest to goodness personal view point on this is, if LoN sales keep EQ running then I dont mind seeing people running around with a firmilar. Truely its not really any different then everything else they do, just the latest of the "bigger badder book" syndrome. I'm not bothered, and I'm suprised its taken them list long to "sell in game items". People can already ebay pretty much whatever they want why not sell them a fast lizard or the ability to look like a sexy siren.