This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jebasiz@Jun 9 2006, 02:35 PM
    So when my pet focus went from ritual summoning to spire servant last week, my pet "dinged"?

I also went from (30) to (45)..which we don't really know what that means? My pet's max hit went up 3? Did hps, mitigation and avoidance get much better? How about hp regen?
    There have been some parses of pet HP for the lower tier of foci in the past, but afaik nobody has bothered looking into pet HP with current foci.

Take unbuffed pet summoned with your pet foci, duel somebody, let them nuke the pet 1x, and from the resulting hp % and the nuke dmg dealt you cna see what the new HP is.

Comepare that to nuking the pet summoned with no worn focus for the delta.

As for AC, that's a bit harder to determine. IDK about mitigation or avoidance either, you'd have to parse your pet vs the same non-trivial mob (same level mob too) for a while to get averages.
    Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Comment

I was lead to believe that when you summon a focused pet the server actually gives you a different Pet NPC Mob.. rather than applying a factor to the various statistics.

This is why a focused pet stays focused.. even after unequiping the focus item.

So.. "(45)" I believe was "45% stronger" conceptually.. but the implementation of this done by the designer actually entering each combination of focus and pet in the database.

Because of this, you sometimes get gifts. Like the LDoN focused pet had many many times the regen of an unfocused pet.. way more than a 15% increase in regen. More like 1000%.

This was my understanding.

Felicite Belbold`Oloth * My Kitchen * Gift of Darkness * Firiona Vie
      Cachet Belbold`Oloth * Aumnyder Boytoy * Retired 01/31/2006

Comment

Bah pet foci make my head fuckin' hurt. :angry: :angry:

Rifting sucked, back for more.

Comment

Added 6 new TSS foci items, including relatively easy to get quest item (tier 3 pants).

Don't know where they all drop yet, and no known better or equivalent foci to the CoA or DPoB foci, but the expansion end zones aren't known yet either.

Direwind range - Ashen Orb of the Blightpyre is the best known tss foci and drop from what is definitely a raid hit, and I'm not sure how difficult it is or what requirements you'd have to have to be able to beat it.

Sunderrock head - Hood of Oblivion is also from a raid hit, but an easier one.

Er, updated effective pet levels too with level caps.
          Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Comment

Added 'Servitor of Scale' focus.

Oddly it's the same as Spire Servant and has a smaller level range. /boggle
            Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Comment

rumor has it that it is focusing more then the old one though.

Some where there is a dead body I should be playing with...

Comment

Originally posted by Brahman@Oct 24 2006, 05:12 PM
                rumor has it that it is focusing more then the old one though.
                Ah, I would hope so, but if true lucy's info has to be wrong?
                Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Comment

no, lucy's info would be "right" but our understanding of what it means would be wrong.

aka its really just a meaningless number that they toss on there for our benifit.

Either way its just messed up lol

Comment

Those sleeves are so disappointing on so many levels.

Rifting sucked, back for more.

Comment

Originally posted by Xislaben@Oct 24 2006, 08:25 AM
                      Added 'Servitor of Scale' focus.

Oddly it's the same as Spire Servant and has a smaller level range. /boggle
                      Starting with this expansion, they implemented a quasi-decay system for pet foci. Servitor of Scale does happen to show the same power increase as Spire Servant... Reality of it is, Spire Servant focused TSS pets don't receive the "full power" of pre-TSS foci, if you want to look at it in more traditional focus terms (as a pet focus really isn't a "focus" in the tradtional sense).
                      "People are as entitled to their own aesthetically stunted taste as I am entitled to tell them how stupid they are, and as a good American, I relish the notion." -Dr. David Thorpe
                      Grand Occultist Xelgadis & Darkreaper Xelinia - Cestus Dei - *Retired*

[16:37:42] [1] [80:Yelena]: Welcome to Kilrogg, now stop playing like shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Xelgadis+Oct 25 2006, 04:29 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xelgadis &#064; Oct 25 2006, 04:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Xislaben@Oct 24 2006, 08:25 AM
                        Added &#39;Servitor of Scale&#39; focus.

Oddly it&#39;s the same as Spire Servant and has a smaller level range. /boggle
                        Starting with this expansion, they implemented a quasi-decay system for pet foci. Servitor of Scale does happen to show the same power increase as Spire Servant... Reality of it is, Spire Servant focused TSS pets don&#39;t receive the "full power" of pre-TSS foci, if you want to look at it in more traditional focus terms (as a pet focus really isn&#39;t a "focus" in the tradtional sense). [/b][/quote]
                        That sucks.

Where did a dev say that for quoting purposes? I missed it.

Or did you just parse it and see diminishing returns on max hit for instance?
                        Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Comment

So to clarify pet focus is now degrading like our spell focus past a certain lvl?
                          Zandramadass Iksar Necro of Quellious (semi-retired)

Arguing with someone on the internet is like running in the special olympics. It doesn't matter who wins your still retarded!

Message of the day - Zandramadass has removed twitch from his spell book due to his desire to avoid further punishment for others shortcomings.
                          Doing more with less since '99

Comment

Originally posted by Zandramadass@Oct 25 2006, 04:54 PM
                            So to clarify pet focus is now degrading like our spell focus past a certain lvl?
                            That&#39;s what he&#39;s saying, and I&#39;m inclined to take his word for it, I know how much pet parsing he&#39;s done. Still though, I&#39;d love to see a dev quote saying that.
                            Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Comment

there is NO way to parse that, other then to show that the 2 "equal" pet foci don&#39;t provide the same benifit.

It was talked about in beta aka no quote for joo &#33;

Comment

Originally posted by Brahman@Oct 25 2006, 07:24 PM
                                there is NO way to parse that, other then to show that the 2 "equal" pet foci don&#39;t provide the same benifit.

It was talked about in beta aka no quote for joo &#33;
                                Well if pet foci 1 adds 10 to a level 67 pets max hit, but only adds 8 to a level 72 pet&#39;s max hit, then I think you could parse that.
                                Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Comment

Working...
                                X