Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xislaben+Oct 25 2006, 02:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xislaben @ Oct 25 2006, 02:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Brahman@Oct 25 2006, 07:24 PM
    there is NO way to parse that, other then to show that the 2 "equal" pet foci don&#39;t provide the same benifit.

It was talked about in beta aka no quote for joo &#33;
    Well if pet foci 1 adds 10 to a level 67 pets max hit, but only adds 8 to a level 72 pet&#39;s max hit, then I think you could parse that. [/b][/quote]
    but pet foci don&#39;t work like that.

it doesn&#39;t add a set number to the max hit, or a set number of levels, ect.

Some where there is a dead body I should be playing with...

Comment

Originally posted by Brahman@Oct 25 2006, 07:54 PM
      but pet foci don&#39;t work like that.

it doesn&#39;t add a set number to the max hit, or a set number of levels, ect.
      If you know how pet foci work, would you care to fill in the blanks as to exactly how the pre-tss foci now decay on ts pets?
      Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Comment

Originally posted by Zandramadass@Oct 25 2006, 04:54 PM
        So to clarify pet focus is now degrading like our spell focus past a certain lvl?
        I would say sort of.

If I remember right, the "pet power increase" portion of the focus drops a flat 10 for each focus below Servitor of Scale.

For instance, Nolaen&#39;s Lifereaper Sandals will only give a TSS pet, a power increase of 20. But will still give a power increase of 30 to a level 61-70 pet.

This degradation only applies to the TSS pets though. The power increase to pets is maintained for level 70 pets and below. However, it was supposedly compensated for by the increase in base dps and hp&#39;s of the TSS pets.

The pet power increase, I thought, has been an area of contention because no one besides the coders know exactly what it does.
        And behold, a pale Drogmor.And the rider that sat on it,was Todwelt.And Hell followed with.

Comment

Originally posted by Todwelt@Oct 26 2006, 11:42 AM
          The pet power increase, I thought, has been an area of contention because no one besides the coders know exactly what it does.
          My money&#39;s on "nothing".

Which reminds me, I&#39;ve often wondered why I don&#39;t get any kind of a focus message when I summon a pet with my DP waist equipped. Should I just assume it&#39;s working, or what?

Comment

You prolly have your "focus effects" hidden in the filter section. Most people disable this as its annoying seeing multiple focus fire every time you cast a spell and god knows necs cast more per mob than any other class except bards with their twisting.
            Zandramadass Iksar Necro of Quellious (semi-retired)

Arguing with someone on the internet is like running in the special olympics. It doesn't matter who wins your still retarded!

Message of the day - Zandramadass has removed twitch from his spell book due to his desire to avoid further punishment for others shortcomings.
            Doing more with less since '99

Comment

Originally posted by Zandramadass@Oct 26 2006, 12:26 PM
              You prolly have your "focus effects" hidden in the filter section.
              I don&#39;t.

Comment

basically...

i&#39;m about 90% sure the devs set up a "new pet" for every "pet power". It isn&#39;t an actual mod as far as i know.

Comment

Yeah the pre-tss foci were apparently suposed to be current pet power -10 for tss pets.

However, is there any way to confirm that this went live?
                  Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Comment

if the two pet foci with the same "pet power" rating don&#39;t focus the same.

but the reason i say i&#39;m pretty sure they set them all by hand is because that was at least part of the reason why they would not make more then one rank of pets...

Comment

Originally posted by Maeryn@Oct 26 2006, 11:11 AM
                      Which reminds me, I&#39;ve often wondered why I don&#39;t get any kind of a focus message when I summon a pet with my DP waist equipped.  Should I just assume it&#39;s working, or what?
                      A pet focus isn&#39;t a real focus, in the traditional sense. When you summon a "focused" pet, you aren&#39;t summoning the base pet with +X to it&#39;s "power", you are summoning a completely different pet altogether.

To represent what&#39;s happening somewhat visually:

Code:
                      Lost Soul &#40;Base&#41;
                      Lost Soul &#40;Summoner&#39;s Boon&#41;
                      Lost Soul &#40;Summoner&#39;s Blessing&#41; &#60;--- Focus isn&#39;t on any items, but the focus exists
                      Lost Soul &#40;Minion of Darkness&#41;
                      Lost Soul &#40;Minion of Eternity&#41;
                      Lost Soul &#40;Ritual Summoning&#41;
                      Lost Soul &#40;Minion of Discord&#41;
                      Lost Soul &#40;Servant of Chaos&#41;
                      Lost Soul &#40;Spire Servant&#41;
                      Rince and repeat the Lost Soul entries for Dark Assassin.

Code:
                      Riza`farr&#39;s Shadow &#40;Base&#41;
                      Riza`farr&#39;s Shadow &#40;Minion of Darkness&#41;
                      Riza`farr&#39;s Shadow &#40;Minion of Eternity&#41;
                      Riza`farr&#39;s Shadow &#40;Ritual Summoning&#41;
                      Riza`farr&#39;s Shadow &#40;Minion of Discord&#41;
                      Riza`farr&#39;s Shadow &#40;Servant of Chaos&#41;
                      Riza`farr&#39;s Shadow &#40;Spire Servant&#41;
                      Riza`farr&#39;s Shadow &#40;Servitor of Scale&#41;
                      Rince and repeat the Riza`farr&#39;s Shadow entries for Putrescent Servant.

Every pet, every focus (that applies to the pet) has a seperate set of data in some table of the database. When you summon a pet, the strongest focus you wear will determine which set of data is referenced and used for the pet you summon. This list is just the necro pets, and see how many different sets of data exist for the last 2 tiers of pets we get. Now take into consideration beastlord and magician pets as well, not to mention PoP pets etc., and it can be seen quickly how large and tedious this is, on the data side. Just from a pet perspective: Rytan, and now Prathun, had their work cut out for them everytime the level caps increased.

Edit: By set of data: The 7 main stats, resists, atk, AC, HP, mana (in the case of fire pets), min hit, base hit, max hit, min skill (backstab/bash/kick) hit, max skill hit, and a host of other NPC data items (but this should give a general idea).
                      "People are as entitled to their own aesthetically stunted taste as I am entitled to tell them how stupid they are, and as a good American, I relish the notion." -Dr. David Thorpe
                      Grand Occultist Xelgadis & Darkreaper Xelinia - Cestus Dei - *Retired*

[16:37:42] [1] [80:Yelena]: Welcome to Kilrogg, now stop playing like shit.

Comment

Does anyone know who/where drops the Enchanted Harpy Blade?

Allakhazam&#39;s doesn&#39;t list it.

Ynai is 52(almost 53) and i am wanting a pet foci. If you have a suggestion, please let me know.

Thanks

Comment

Looking for the info as well. Saw the blade for sale in the Baz for 150k, and there&#39;s just no way I can shell out that kind of plat for one item. One really nice detail about the blade is that it is tradeable, not attuneable, so I can share it between mine and the wife&#39;s pet classes.
                          Intropy Coldheart and Maethros Wildheart, Officer of Spiritwind Avengers of Quellious

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons......for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

saw a post on magicians tower(mage site) that some people got this, asked them if they tell where and who had it, no answer yet but only been short time. IF I find out will post it here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ynai@Oct 26 2006, 06:52 PM
                              Does anyone know who/where drops the Enchanted Harpy Blade?

Allakhazam&#39;s doesn&#39;t list it.

Ynai is 52(almost 53) and i am wanting a pet foci. If you have a suggestion, please let me know.

Thanks
                              Minion of Darkness

Slot Description
                              1: Pet Power Increase(20)
                              2: Limit: Max Level(75)
                              3: Limit: Min Level(59)
                              In other words, while you can equip the item at 53, the focus is 100% useless to you til you get Emissary of Thule at level 59.

At your level, the only pet focus you can get (that will actually focus your current pets) is Minion of Hate. The only item which has that focus is Encyclopedia Necrotheurgia, which drops from Ashenbone Broodmaster in the Plane of Hate.

-----------------------------------------

As far as the Enchanted Harpy Blade, I don&#39;t know personally where/how this is aquired, but logic suggests that one should start their search in Blackfeather Roost.
                              "People are as entitled to their own aesthetically stunted taste as I am entitled to tell them how stupid they are, and as a good American, I relish the notion." -Dr. David Thorpe
                              Grand Occultist Xelgadis & Darkreaper Xelinia - Cestus Dei - *Retired*

[16:37:42] [1] [80:Yelena]: Welcome to Kilrogg, now stop playing like shit.

Comment

I can confirm, it drops in the roost. I&#39;ll get more details from the guildie who looted it. And he got a decent BA4 item from there to, better then the shield from PoDisease..

Comment

Working...
                                X