pet heals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pet heals

I know this is a dumb question but i here alot of i healed my pet stuff.... i was wondering what peeps where using (spells) to heal there pet. i have a crappy heal for him (i forget what it is)... didn't know if there was something stronger or an AA
    thanks for any info

Kadavers Onice B)

There's a pet loh AA and relatively decent spells around level 64 and on. They only really work nicely when the heals crit.

Rifting sucked, back for more.

Comment

outside of soloing arx key and maybe getting rid of a disease , i can't imagine anyone using pet heal spells against relevant content. they just are not fast enough for how little they heal (and how much damage pet takes, even with our new pet buffs)

The restore companion AA, however, is a free 7000 base heal max and can crit for double (instant cast)... there are quite a few aas to spend to get this to max though, and the first version is something like 2600 hp(lol)? someone can correct me if i am way off.
      Master Artisan Nephayres Nepharious

Comment

Originally posted by nephayres@Dec 17 2006, 01:51 PM
        outside of soloing arx key and maybe getting rid of a disease , i can't imagine anyone using pet heal spells against relevant content. they just are not fast enough for how little they heal (and how much damage pet takes, even with our new pet buffs)

The restore companion AA, however, is a free 7000 base heal max and can crit for double (instant cast)... there are quite a few aas to spend to get this to max though, and the first version is something like 2600 hp(lol)? someone can correct me if i am way off.
        Relevant to you and me..that's true. For a mid-50's necromancer with veksar to look forward too, that's probably not the case. Touch of death at 64 while fighting highborn nobles looked pretty usefull for necros that couldn't tap-tank them.

Rifting sucked, back for more.

Comment

aye that's very true, i was aiming my comment more towards the high-level crowd (as in, something like our level 49(48 now? bleh) pet is pretty nice relative to when we get it, and pet heals are more viable)
          Master Artisan Nephayres Nepharious

Comment

is there a good way to hotkey a pet heal with pet name? Was thinking alt activate 418 for replenish companion, but better than /gsay LoH my pet, thought there was a way to know my pet's name without f1 cycle.

Comment

%m will return the name of your pet. I think it works in assist too.

Comment

When in stillmoon temple, I have to periodically heal my pet even with taunt off. I found Touch of Death (level 64 heal) to be really nice when Lay Hands on pet AA has not refreshed. I have not done the extra heal AAs (decrease timer) for the pet yet.

Bond of Death (level 49) is also pretty good, I used it recently during POJ trials to help heal cleric as she healed, so my lifetaps would be more effective. In a full group, dots aren't as effective imo as any DD ( posion for example: Neurotoxin) and my life tap AAs are done, so it's more mana efficent to DD as the mob is killed before 2 ticks. Bond of Death works fine as a pet heal. I used to use it alot in POJ soloing back when I was 62-65'ish. But, usually I don't let pet tank much especially as I still have the 63 pet even though I'm 69 now (opps!) I need to farm plat, lol.
                ~Lylith Bloodrose~
                Level 80 Necromancer
                apprentice researcher, fisherman and pottery

Comment

Try /target pet

That should get your pet any time.

Problem is when you get to higher levels and get Epic 1.5 and WTD pets well, that never targets your main pet first,

Can't count the number of times i went to heal my main pet and got the swarm pet healed only for it to despawn seconds later, >
                  Loketh and his Toys

Comment

If you tailor the pet heal key to /target "pet's name here" and then /cast # whatever your pet heal is on your bar, wouldn't that get-r-done?
                    Intropy Coldheart and Maethros Wildheart, Officer of Spiritwind Avengers of Quellious

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons......for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Working...
                    X