X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trenth
    replied
    Hey there is anyone still monitoring this thread? I have some questions? One question is why my pet is not destroying atunnable peices like the Dimensional Warrior belt and the dimensional warrior pauldrens sholders?

Leave a comment:

• Tweelis
    replied
    Just a quick update for those of you that like to do tradeskills and twink your pet. Here's a chart showing what is available for your pets. Although it shows the gnome specific racial armor there is identical stuff for all races.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/24vtahk.jpg

All numbers are AC. If you wish to look up additional stats (HP, heroics, mod 2/3, etc.) there's always lucy/alla/magelo/raidloot.

Leave a comment:

• Majordeath
    replied
    Originally posted by Tweelis View Post
    Have you actually parsed this recently? Awhile back I tried to put some augs in things but when something became no drop the pet wouldn't use them. If pets do use augmented no drop items expect it to be a temporary bug that'll get fixed sometime.
    Oops! I keep forgetting I transferred to Firiona Vie about 9 months ago and things are a bit different there. Sorry!

Leave a comment:

• Tweelis
    replied
    Originally posted by Majordeath View Post
    I have found that adding all the low level trash augments(elaborate coldstone, etc..) to the pet toys helps alot. I used to let them all rot but not anymore.
    Have you actually parsed this recently? Awhile back I tried to put some augs in things but when something became no drop the pet wouldn't use them. If pets do use augmented no drop items expect it to be a temporary bug that'll get fixed sometime.

Leave a comment:

• Majordeath
    replied
    I have found that adding all the low level trash augments(elaborate coldstone, etc..) to the pet toys helps alot. I used to let them all rot but not anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Tweelis
    replied
    I have done some parsing on pets and bazaar gear. If you're interested in seeing what I found here's the thread (my info starts on page 3, Cielli's starts on page 1):

http://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/vi...php?f=5&t=3947

Leave a comment:

• Feellia Flo
    replied
    I used the guide and equipped my pet with +atk gear 85-97 including weapons, EM17 pet. Defiantly makes a difference compared to mage summoned gear.

Leave a comment:

• Tweelis
    replied
    I just tested this using Vambrace of Salubritas (same AC as underworld, half the price) and zoning/suspending does not make the gear disappear.

Word of caution though when buying gear for your pet (this was a stealth nerf awhile back). If you buy something like a Hanging Gong of Warning (substantial AC upgrade over mage gear) because it's a fraction of the cost from the underworld breastplate your pet will NOT equip the HGoW due to the required level. Pets do ignore recommended level of things but not required.

Also here's a short thread about pets, gear and whatnot. Although it's on the mage boards a lot of the information can be carried over to necro pets.
    http://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/vi...php?f=5&t=3947

Leave a comment:

• Vivamort
    replied
    I think you are good to go with zoning... but you can test suspend (and zoning) with some defiant weapon and using a pet that shows weapons (ie. not spectre) and see if it is still wielding them afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• Roxx
    replied
    I have recently been looking for more expensive solutions to twinking my pet and I think the underworld gear is a good solution. This set is lvl 98-100 plat world drops and comes in all visable slots (head,chest,pants,arms,gloves,wrist,boots) and on my server they generally cost ~400-1000pp each. The stats increase compared to the summoned pet gear is an extreme boost in hp/ac/str/atk as well as other stats. I just wanted to confirm that attunable visable gear does not drop off pet when they zone or are suspended.

I had already read on the main page that it should be fine but I just wanted to see if someone else could actively confirm it atleast once.

Leave a comment:

• scrat
    replied
    Originally posted by Explicitname View Post

1. In order for a pet to benefit from a weapon's base damage, the weapon's base damage must be higher than the melee swing of the pet in question. For example, a pet who hits for 80 damage, would need a weapon with a base damage of 81+ in order to show improved damage, based on the weapon's damage.
    Close, but not quite. A pet who hits for 80 dmg would need a weapon with a base dmg of 40 to see an increase, since the formula is: weapon dmg x2 +1 = max hit. A 40dmg weapon would produce 81dmg max hits.
    An 80dmg weapon would produce 161dmg max hits.

Originally posted by Explicitname View Post

In response to this, I have been unable to make this work as it explained, or how I understood it. I've given a lvl 8 Beastlord Warder a Greataxe of Fervent Rage and it continues to swing for its normal damage in the teens. I thought that possibly there was a damage cap on lower level pets/players, so I attempted to increase the level of the pet, using my Necro's line of pets, with the same result. In addition, I gave a lvl 65 Mage Earth Pet, who swings for damage in the 80s, SK/Pal weapons, such as the Quilaztli's Cutlass with no parsed increase in relation to the base damage of the weapon.
    There are a variety of weapons that are coded to prevent the pet from using the dmg values. Traditionally i.e. long ago - these weapons were the very high dmg, very high delay weapons like the weighted axe. This is because pets swing at their default rate, regardless of weapon delay i.e. the weighted axe was far too powerful, so developers introduced code to prevent pets from using them.

As far as I know, there are no player-distinguishable characteristics of these weapons. Some special items actually had "no pet" in their description, but that seems to have vanished. Di`zok oracle shillelagh used to be a very popular pet weapon because it was easy to farm, worthless to shaman, tradable...and pets would proc slow. It also is "no-pet" because of the balance issues.

How this translates into today? I dont know. Looks like you have done more testing with recent weapons than anybody else I know of. It could be that modern weapons all have anti-pet code, or that pets were nerfed overall to prevent spiking their damage via player weapons. Aside from this guide, it's been common knowledge since the very start that you can twink pets with weapons - maybe they finally got around to nerfing that.

This guide certainly wasn't created (or updated) with the idea of using very current HoT or VoA weapons. If you'd like to continue contributing to the testing of this - pick up some older weapons in the bazaar and try, like: crude filth covered xxxx which drop from mobs in acrylia caverns. They have base damages in the 20s. Or, greatstaff of thunder from Torden, bastion of thunder. This would at least prove if pets overall have been nerfed, or if your findings are specific to weapons from particular expansions.

Leave a comment:

• Explicitname
    replied
    Pet Weapons

I've been trying to confirm what is posted in this sticky, specifically the information about how pets utilize weapons. I'll start by relaying what I understood to be true, prior to testing.

1. In order for a pet to benefit from a weapon's base damage, the weapon's base damage must be higher than the melee swing of the pet in question. For example, a pet who hits for 80 damage, would need a weapon with a base damage of 81+ in order to show improved damage, based on the weapon's damage.

In response to this, I have been unable to make this work as it explained, or how I understood it. I've given a lvl 8 Beastlord Warder a Greataxe of Fervent Rage and it continues to swing for its normal damage in the teens. I thought that possibly there was a damage cap on lower level pets/players, so I attempted to increase the level of the pet, using my Necro's line of pets, with the same result. In addition, I gave a lvl 65 Mage Earth Pet, who swings for damage in the 80s, SK/Pal weapons, such as the Quilaztli's Cutlass with no parsed increase in relation to the base damage of the weapon.

2. A pet must meet the level requirement of a proc to utilize the proc in question.

I have found this to be true on the pet toys summoned by Mages, but untrue for the attune-able gear I linked above. Those weapons don't have a level requirement specific to their procs, only to the level in which the gear can be equipped, and they don't proc for the lower level pets at all, according to my parses, thus far. Is it possible that there is a built it, albeit hidden, level restriction for these procs, or, can pets just not utilize the procs from player gear nowadays?

I feel as if I'm missing something obvious. If I am I would appreciate some advice to point me in the right direction as far as my testing is concerned. If I'm not, however, I would appreciate the sticky information being updated to reflect the test results so that the next poor bastard who only started playing last October doesn't have to waste time doing the same tests that I did.

If anyone is curious, the characters I used in these tests are Exboxone lvl 93 Necro, Playerone & Playertwo lvl 65 Mages, and Badwords lvl 8 Beastlord. All from Povar.

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Vivamort
    replied
    I noticed on Test yesterday that Auras no longer stay on pet after it is suspended, so no more extra warrior ac, enrage immunity from monks(not a problem as of Feb patch), Cleric aura for hps and damage mitigation, and no bard aura for overhaste.

Leave a comment:

• Drazzminius
    replied
    I'll tell ya that JaBoner keeps taking decent hits after being suspended for days on end, so his summoned armor stays. I've had quite a bit of experience with how "tank worthy" he is over the past week as I try to finish up the Blood of the Fallen Aug. When he or I die and I come back to zone without summoned armor, his life span is noticeably decreased...

Leave a comment:

• Manser Inanimate
    replied
    Originally posted by GnekroeGnomicon View Post
    Dumb question, but my former experience and a 2 year break it is hard to reconcile some information between the two.

When you camp (for great than 15 mins) and come back does the pet still have visible items? I haven't played around with items since returning yet and I am curious about moloing some named in SoD now that I've got an EM V focus. (I don't have the gear yet survive long tap tanking -- still in mostly SoF group -- and my tap aas are still low.)

Would you need to suspend it?

I know for a fact that weapons ( magician summoned) dont poof. As for the summoned armor etc, I dont have a clue though I assume they dont either.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X