turn off pet sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turn off pet sound?

Seriously, this is so annoying. Is there anyway to turn off pet sound? The woooooshing noise is craptacular and I'd like it gone. =)
    ~Lylith Bloodrose~
    Level 80 Necromancer
    apprentice researcher, fisherman and pottery

Originally posted by Lylith View Post
    Seriously, this is so annoying. Is there anyway to turn off pet sound? The woooooshing noise is craptacular and I'd like it gone. =)
    Sound? EQ has sound?

About the only solution I've found is pet illusions...I suppose you may be able to figure out which sound file it is (if it's even stored in a sound file instead of a resource of a DLL some where) and delete/change it...

Comment

illusions are your best bet.

Comment

About the only solution I've found is pet illusions...I suppose you may be able to figure out which sound file it is (if it's even stored in a sound file instead of a resource of a DLL some where) and delete/change it...
        Even if you deleted it, the patched would catch it. There is no way to disable the "vacuum" sound by itself unless you cast a pet illusion. Only way to remove it outside of that is turning sound off/placing a file called nosound.txt in your EQ directory.

Comment

I play with EQ on mute, cause I not only play a necro and have no desire to listen to that pet, but I also box him with a ranger, and have no desire to listen to him "bark" while in wolf form. My audio karma sucks.
          Intropy Coldheart and Maethros Wildheart, Officer of Spiritwind Avengers of Quellious

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons......for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Funny i usually 2 box and have in game sounds on on both, with music off.

2 boxing on same machine and it kida like to hear when/if my 2nd toon suddenly starts to be beat on by something.

Comment

eh, I thought about turning the sound back on when they came out with audio triggers, but I much rather prefer to listen to Zepplin when I kill stuff.

If electricity come from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Comment

Good thing i don't use pets when i solo 2 box =p

Comment

Originally posted by Meph View Post
                  Funny i usually 2 box and have in game sounds on on both, with music off.

2 boxing on same machine and it kida like to hear when/if my 2nd toon suddenly starts to be beat on by something.
                  I have an audio trigger just for this on my cleric...I use the 'tick' noise for when he's taking melee hits (or being missed for that matter).
                  It's not overly annoying but enough to get my attention...

And Scheaff, you can turn your sound volume slider all they way down in EQ which mutes the sounds (spell casting, dumbass pet noises, etc), BUT the audio triggers go off of the volume setting from windows......I listen to music all the time I just make sure I can still hear my triggers over it.

Comment

dudes, some of the most vivid dreams have been gaming dreams. I found if I played w/o sounds, I did not have them. With sounds, some really funny eq crap bleeds into my subconsious occassionally. It's like being on drugs without the nasty drugs, lol.

I like sound also because if I'm silly (read: not FD) if something attacks me, I react faster too. I have music off due to combat effect. It sucks and is totally distracting.
                    ~Lylith Bloodrose~
                    Level 80 Necromancer
                    apprentice researcher, fisherman and pottery

Comment

I hear you Schaef. I've discovered what I jokingly call a "Tool of the Devil." YouTube. I get on there and before I know it, hours have dissappeared. I'm looking up songs i can barely remember the lyrics to and tryin to find them on there. I've now got a ton of flash video files saved to my HD, and I listen to the music all day, not just while on EQ. Plug my laptop into my stereo, and rock on. It's like having on-demand VH1. Definitely prefer that to EQ default audio.
                      Intropy Coldheart and Maethros Wildheart, Officer of Spiritwind Avengers of Quellious

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons......for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I simply would stand a few feet away from the pet, so it was out of range to be heard. Or, if I was in the mood to piss people off, I'd park the pet on top of other people.
                        "People are as entitled to their own aesthetically stunted taste as I am entitled to tell them how stupid they are, and as a good American, I relish the notion." -Dr. David Thorpe
                        Grand Occultist Xelgadis & Darkreaper Xelinia - Cestus Dei - *Retired*

[16:37:42] [1] [80:Yelena]: Welcome to Kilrogg, now stop playing like shit.

Comment

Sort of an oddity for the pet sound...
                          I got a new soundcard over the weekend (I had been using the on-board crap for 5 years!), so I decided to turn up the sound realism in eq from the default 5% to 100% (although I really doubted it would do much). In addition to actually making the game a bit more immersive, I noticed that sound was alot less annoying unless I was standing right on top of the pet.

Comment

What I REALLY hate is the people who insist on using specter illusion, and even worse, the fairy illusion items. The fair illusion makes a really high pitch sound, and I am constantly having to move away from it as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by Xelgadis View Post
                              I simply would stand a few feet away from the pet, so it was out of range to be heard. Or, if I was in the mood to piss people off, I'd park the pet on top of other people.
                              This is how I discovered that Prathun doesn't play with sound on
                              Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Comment

Working...
                              X