keeping Temp Armor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keeping Temp Armor!

Alright , Im sure some know but Here is a nifty little trick so enjoy.....

If this is a bug or something, I dont know whats actually intened to work this way or that way.... So delete if needed.

I always like to use pet tools , mage summoned armor, armaments mask ect. they are not always for sale in the Baz.. When they are OR if you can buy or get them from someone...

Buy as many as you can!!! yeah, they are temporary but you take them to your house and put them in the closet so whenever you need to summon a new pet you have all you need, because they don't disappear anymore if they are stored in your house.

Im going to try this for Lifeshards and orbs ect today when servers come back up.
    Licorace

Yes it works for lifeshards and orbs too.

Another trick for melee types that hate geting mod rodded is to put the offending mod rods in their houses and it will block further mod rods because they are lore.

Comment

Does this still work? I'm a noob when it comes to EQ housing, but I've tried to put temp armor in the closet and I can't get it to work. If this is still doable, exactly how do u do it?

Comment

have the plot item window open and left click item while its in your inventory. it should show in the small window on the bottom left. click closet, this should place item in storage for you.

Chasiekurosuca Ni`Shi

Pariki Ni'Shi

Skiefox Shalafi

Comment

Hmm - tried tonight to store a bag of spectral plate (unexpanded) and something interesting happened. I was able to do just as you say, but when I click "Closet", I had forgotten I hadn't paid the escrow and so, it wouldn't allow me to do anything with it. So I paid the escrow and tried again. However, once the escrow was paid, when I clicked on my bag of spectral plate in my inventory, everything (including "Closet" was greyed out.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Comment

Ya got me there, only thing I can think of is that your closet is full but I dont think thats the case , correct ?

Chasiekurosuca Ni`Shi

Pariki Ni'Shi

Skiefox Shalafi

Comment

Closet is not full - haven't put anything into it. Have you tried to put in an expanded bag of spectral armor the last day or so? Wondering if game code has changed to keep this from happening.

I have a 3-room Zimel style stone hut, stucco interior - not sure if house type matters. What kind of house do you have if you can still successfully do this?

Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Went to my house with 2 unopened packs of armor and 1 unopened pack of jewelry. pulled up inventory window and plot window, selected packs and clicked closet, didnt have any issues, all 3 went to vault/storage.
                I also have a 3 room house (manor) but as ya said the type of place ya have doesnt matter, just some give you more room for things then others do.
                I didnt try placing an opened pack of armor into vault though so that might be the problem. not to sure with that but I'll get back to ya concernning this.

Chasiekurosuca Ni`Shi

Pariki Ni'Shi

Skiefox Shalafi

Comment

Originally posted by Quickener View Post
                  I have a 3-room Zimel style stone hut
                  This is the issue. You have the hut version which has no vault space. The domicle has 160 vault space, and the others are inbetween that and hut.

The vault space is where non placeable items can be stored. You need a house type with vault space to keep pet armour and other non placeables.

Comment

Changed out my stone hut to a domicle and eveything works as I was hoping - I can store all the pet toys I want.

Thank you all for your help.

Comment

If anyone is on Luclin and sees Siluuael, Slowsil or imaim online, I can give you as many pet summoned items as you want to bank from my wife's mage.

Slowsil
                      - 88 Ogre Shaman (box)
                      Imaim - 92 Barbarian Warrior (alt)
                      Originally posted by encephalitis
                      The Fail is strong with this one.

Comment

Kewl glad you was able to get that working, its always nice to have things on hand when ya need them

Chasiekurosuca Ni`Shi

Pariki Ni'Shi

Skiefox Shalafi

Comment

Working...
                        X