Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mage HOT pet gear

Hi,
    Does anyone have any definitive information on whether the mages summoned HOT Spectral Plate or Heirlooms make any difference?

One test I did was to give the belt from the Heirloom pack that adds 1600 hp but it didn’t show any immediate increase in my pets health bar.

I assume they added these in HOT for a reason? (maybe a bad assumption)

Any recent feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Yes - they make a significant difference on pet durability / survivability. The only time you will see a hp jump by handing your pet that belt is if the pet is already below max hp.
    --Retired, May 2012--
    The
    Edge-
    Walkers

Comment

My main question in regards to this has been jewelry. I had always heard pets do not equip jewelry. I was under the impression they equip only belt / mask / visibles (phantom armor) / weapon slots. Could anyone clarify that by chance?

Comment

pretty sure i heard they do equip jewelry

if not. then idk why they keep giving mages that line of spells

Comment

I think they only have one wrist, finger, ear slot vs 2. At least that is what I remember from the mage boards.. they have the rest of the slots to put stuff into except charms.

Comment

A primary weapon slot
            A secondary weapon slot
            A ranged item slot
            A shoulder slot
            A legs slot
            A chest slot
            A head slot
            A foot slot
            A hands slot
            A arms slot
            A back slot
            A face slot
            A *single* finger slot
            A *single* wrist
            A *single* ear slot
            A neck slot

Everything you ever wanted to know about pets...well almost everything.
            http://samanna.net/eq.general/pets.shtml#focus

Comment

Is there anyway to retain summoned gear in your bags after logging for a period of time, I know in the past you could go shroud down to a toon, and when you come back a few days later and unshrouded you would still have all your summoned gear, but this no longer workers, anything else that will do it?

Comment

You can buy a plot or a house and place a lot of it there.

Comment

Another option instead of pet gear is to buy cheap defiant gear from the bazaar. Many times when I'm expecting to have my pet take a beating I'll gear it up with better stuff. Even doing the pit missions in Argath the defiant armor helps a lot. I'll see if I can dig up the defensive parses between summoned vs. defiant plate against VoA mobs.

Comment

I don't know if it has been remedied. But once I used defiant gear a lot on my pets. It worked great, until you suspend them, then it disappeared. One what to see is give pet a defiant weapon, illusion it, to make sure it equiped the weapon, suspend it, unsuspend it, and illusion it again to see if it still has the weapon. I think this is true with all attunable gear.

Now this isn't a problem if you do not suspend that pet (zoning doesn't strip the gear). But if it ever enrages, suspending it is the only way I know of to reset it so it will enrage again.

So unless they have fixed this in the last year, just be aware, when using attunable gear.

Comment

I though pet enrage was on a 25 minute timer?

Comment

Originally posted by Vivamort View Post
                        Now this isn't a problem if you do not suspend that pet (zoning doesn't strip the gear). But if it ever enrages, suspending it is the only way I know of to reset it so it will enrage again.
                        Your pets enrage timer will refresh every hour.
                        Najeta - Not up to date...
                        My Bard - No Gear on magelo cause I got lazy...

Comment

Originally posted by Vivamort View Post
                          I don't know if it has been remedied. But once I used defiant gear a lot on my pets. It worked great, until you suspend them, then it disappeared. One what to see is give pet a defiant weapon, illusion it, to make sure it equiped the weapon, suspend it, unsuspend it, and illusion it again to see if it still has the weapon. I think this is true with all attunable gear.

So unless they have fixed this in the last year, just be aware, when using attunable gear.
                          Pets will eat defiant weapons upon suspend. Several tests have shown that they will keep defiant armor though. The gap between defiant armor and summoned armor though has shrunk though so if defiant isn't cheap don't spend money on it.

Comment

Working...
                          X