87 tank - Aziad's Shade - How good?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 87 tank - Aziad's Shade - How good?

So I have a question. There is literally not one discussion online about this pet. I like to farm and take down raid targets from prior expansions.

How good is this pet? Much better than lvl 82?

Somewhere on this site there is a post with most of our pets on it. The 87 pet is a HUGE upgrade over the Lvl 82 pet, especially if you have the EMVIII earing from SS, or better if raid geared.

Comment

can tank anything pre TSS np

Comment

I prefer him over a tank merc anyday all the way up through t4

Comment

Originally posted by Sintil View Post
          I prefer him over a tank merc anyday all the way up through t4
          4tru. better than any tank merc. and you can enhance with fortify companion, control him, and use runes and shit

will have trouble with newer raid shit. but ANY group stuff and hes golden

Comment

Sounds fun. I can't wait.

I know this is marginally off topic but....

Once I reach 87, is there a particular focus item I should go after that would be reasonably easy to obtain that would be better than the current EMV item I have?

Comment

Originally posted by Nefar View Post
              Sounds fun. I can't wait.

I know this is marginally off topic but....

Once I reach 87, is there a particular focus item I should go after that would be reasonably easy to obtain that would be better than the current EMV item I have?
              i was lucky enough to get a rotting em7 from house upper. even better if you can get a group for it

drops off icefang

idk what t2 pet ear is called

Comment

This should help:

T1 - Drops in The Feerott off of Sentinel Quilaztli (named lizardman). PH is "a frenzied Tae Ew".
                - Slot 7 Shards of the Jungle Sentinel
                - Slot 3 Chipped Shards of Dread

T2 - Drops in The Library off of Professor Glumb (named gnome). PH is "a lonely librarian".
                - Slot 7 Fragile Trinket of Command
                - Slot 3 Glumb's Trinket of Tactical Cowardice

T3 - Drops in HoT Upper off of Icefang (named dog). PH is "a hungry beast".
                - Slot 7 Iceleaf Earring
                - Slot 3 Rotdog Bone Earring

T4 - Drops in Morell's Castle off of Guardian Ather (named suit of armor). PH is "a dutiful defender".
                - Slot 7 Companion's Purple Earring
                - Slot 3 Amethyst Ward of the Companion
                Last edited by Vinjin; 09-08-2011, 03:54 AM.

Comment

For the Raiders

Beritoza's Bangle of Bixielording

With this, my pet is an absolute beast.

I got mine from the raid: The Roots of Evil

Comment

I can't imagine how good our pets will be with another expansion and even higher lvl EM...

Comment

So here is a silly question:

I have EM5 currently. My 87 war pet hits for 376. What kind of upgrade would EM6 or 7 or even 8 be.

I know you guys with raid focus have beast pets but just curious what I can expect in terms of power increase.

Comment

So here is a silly question:

I have EM5 currently. My 87 war pet hits for 376. What kind of upgrade would EM6 or 7 or even 8 be.

I know you guys with raid focus have beast pets but just curious what I can expect in terms of power increase.
                        Don't expect a whole lot out of your pet DPS-wise (ever). Max aa and raid focus you can only expect your pet to do about 1/10th of your damage (not burning). If you go full burn, pet is 1/20th or worse of your dmg.

Pet's best attributes in the group/solo game are

1) fire and forget dmg

or, when done properly (proper aas, spells, foci, and technique)

2) a fairly decent tank

edit: for clarity, when people are talking about him being a beast, they are talking about his defensive capabilities (not offensive).
                        Last edited by Vanlor; 09-13-2011, 10:37 PM.

Comment

I would realistically not even bother thinking of your pet as DPS. He is better to think of as a tank, or a set and forget DoT, or a chance to proc a stun if you're kiting.
                          Xikariz Appledrankbaby

Comment

Yeah I'm kind of a weirdo and I like to take down content from older expansions, old raid mobs etc. I realize he's never going to be a great contributor of damage, but when farming trash etc if he hits for 380 vs 700, that would make things a lot faster.

Just curious is all.

Comment

Just curious is all.
                              My em8 warrior pet, max aa, in complete set of mage gear, with shaman unity buffs, with shaman tiger proc buff - averages around 650 dps. Our pets only shine in old content regarding tankage - their dps still sucks. And a pet max hit on a level 100 mob is still the pets max hit on a level 1 mob.
                              --Retired, May 2012--
                              The
                              Edge-
                              Walkers

Comment

Working...
                              X