This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnimocityStromm@Nov 7 2004, 10:05 PM
    Ah, I get it now. but wait, wtf. Summoner's Boon doesn't raise the level of OoW pets? weak
    I'm not entirely sure what the deal is with that. It made our PoP pets level 61, why not make our OoW pets 66?

It may be a bug, a friend of mine claims that he did summon a level 66 pet with that focus, but it reverted back to 65 after he zoned. On the other hand, I'm using Ritual Summoning; Lost Soul and Dark Assassin both summon as level 67 pets with that focus. I'll check with the mage who got the Minion of Discord earring last night and see what level his pets summon at. I'll check around to see if I know people on my server with Minion of Darkness or Minion of Eternity and see what level pets they're summoning.

And seeing that this thread is mainly talking about unfocused pets; grats me for derailing it thoroughly, when this info should have gone into the Pet Focus thread :P

</derail>
    "People are as entitled to their own aesthetically stunted taste as I am entitled to tell them how stupid they are, and as a good American, I relish the notion." -Dr. David Thorpe
    Grand Occultist Xelgadis & Darkreaper Xelinia - Cestus Dei - *Retired*

[16:37:42] [1] [80:Yelena]: Welcome to Kilrogg, now stop playing like shit.

Comment

Summoners Boon don&#39;t giv u anything,it raises the level of ur pet,say your pet can be anywhere from 59 to 63,the Summoners boon will raise it to 63....
      im not saying Sb will work on pets from 59 to 63,im jus giving an example
      Naziel Soulreaver

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie411@Nov 8 2004, 09:56 PM
        Summoners Boon don&#39;t giv u anything,it raises the level of ur pet,say your pet can be anywhere from 59 to 63,the Summoners boon will raise it to 63....
        im not saying Sb will work on pets from 59 to 63,im jus giving an example
        Legacy of Zek (61), Saryrn&#39;s Companion (63), and Child of Bertoxxulous (65) are all base level 60. Summoner&#39;s Boon will increase their level to 61 (ask anyone who&#39;s 61 to con a SB focused pet and it will be even to them). It also will increase their max hit by something like 2, as well as boost their HP regen while they don&#39;t have aggro. I imagine that it increases their HP as well, but never really bothered to test.
        "People are as entitled to their own aesthetically stunted taste as I am entitled to tell them how stupid they are, and as a good American, I relish the notion." -Dr. David Thorpe

Comment

It could have to do with that whole "focus effects decrease as the spell level increases over level 65" thing. IE summoner&#39;s boon is cool til 65..then sucks a bit of arse 66, and sucks alot of arse at 67+. It&#39;s a focus effect like anything else..it&#39;d fall in line with the never failing oxymoronic term that is SOE logic. Then again they haven&#39;t been consistent with friggen thing dating back to velious, and maybe even before that..so it&#39;s just pure speculation by a single lizard.

Rifting sucked, back for more.

Comment

From listing on Allakhazam:

Summoner&#39;s Boon
            1: Pet Power Increase(15)
            2: Limit: Max Level(70)
            3: Limit: Min Level(59)
            Can&#39;t remember where, but they said the pet focuses would get extended. According to alla&#39;s it did. If you trust Alla&#39;s data, there is the answer. If you don&#39;t, this post won&#39;t change your mind.

I never did summon an unfocused Lost Soul though.

Comment

I checked with that mage who got the MoD earring last Sunday. Pets summoned with that focus are 67, same as Ritual Summoning. So it seems that the lack of a level increase with Summoner&#39;s Boon is correct. Apparently the new focus, Servant of Chaos, will allow us to summon level 68 pets.

Comment

Are we agreed yet that the unfocused (in other words if you were to nude up and then cast the summon) level of the Lost Soul and Dark Assasin pet is level 65?

Comment

Yes

Comment

I just can&#39;t wait till I get my spectre pet :lol:
                    Were allll addicts!

Comment

Dark Assassin with Minion of Darkness is lvl 66.

Comment

Lost Soul (=) thanks for catching) with Diamond Prism of companionship (lvl65 pet), conviction, wunshis and top pet gear will have 9400 hp&#39;s .. confirmed by healing % .. Not too bad IMO .. He tanks WoS south wall named easily with my 2 boxed cleric healing. Just has a slight issue holding agro if casters over do it ...
                        Chernabogg
                        Ebil for 70 seasons
                        Descendants of Anarchy
                        A Ro

Comment

Dark Soul with Diamond Prism of companionship (lvl65 pet),
                          I think you mean Lost Soul, but Dark Soul sounds better. Petition the Developers, change Lost Soul to Dark Soul :lol:
                          Quezquotyl
                          Drinal

Comment

Isn&#39;t there already a spell called Dark Soul?

If electricity come from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Comment

All pets from Emissary of Thule onwards are fearable since fear cap was removed.

Comment

you sure about that from experience? or is that just a logic type thing? i was under the impression that they were tagged "fearless" and were unfearable even before the fear cap was put in?

Some where there is a dead body I should be playing with...

Comment

Working...
                                X