Anomalous Rock of Alteration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anomalous Rock of Alteration

The item, for those that arent familiar with the augment itself and dont wish to check the old thread:
    MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE AUGMENTATION
    Augmentation type: 8
    Slot: HEAD FACE EAR NECK SHOULDERS ARMS BACK WRIST RANGE HANDS PRIMARY SECONDARY FINGER CHEST LEGS FEET WAIST
    Skill Mod: Specialize Alteration +15%
    Required level of 65.
    WT: 0.0 Size: TINY
    Class: ALL
    Race: ALL

Item Information:
    You must use the solvent Class XV Augmentation Distiller to remove this augment safely.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instead of dredging up a two year old thread, I thought I would start something newer on the subject. But for those interested in the previous discussion, the original thread is here:

http://www.necrotalk.com/showthread.php?t=8018&page=5

I finally got around to getting a couple people together to do the 'Hidden Vale of Deceit' raid for LDON Commonlands (Short NPC list here: http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?zone=450)

The raid itself is straightforward. There are various research subjects, one in each of the major models from LDON. One bear, one wolf, one goblin and one orc. There is one at the major 'dead ends', all guarded by several different orcs, goblins, wolves and pigs along the way. I took a friends Ranger in for Headshot to try to expedite the process of clearing. Kill all four, move on to a fifth tunnel to kill researchers, kill the boss while not being hit too hard by waves that become active while doing so. Such simple. Mostly Im posting because of the benefit of the augment.

I did only a few tests with the same results each time. With SCM AAs maxed and no mana pres item equipped, having this augment gives a 215 mana/cast savings on SRP3 versus not having it. If it stays a constant ~12 percent savings on all spells, then that makes it well worth it any of the fire spells, lifetaps and will be pretty nice savings for MW. Ill put the numbers for Rk2s, since those will be more common for most people:
    Drain Essence2 - ~115 savings
    Mind Decomp 2 - ~155 savings
    Scorching2 - ~110 savings

&c...

Next I think I may work on the Conjuration augment some more, which may entice me to use poison spells more often.
    Last edited by Solarra; 08-10-2009, 06:42 PM. Reason: My grammar sucked today.

What was your raid composition?

I'm thinking to box this with a friend also boxing. Our setup would likely be:

83 NEC w/ T5 Merc
    81 DRU w/ T5 Merc
    83 RNG w/ T5 Merc
    80 NEC w/ no Merc

Would we need more than this?

sigpic Encephalitis
    im in ur head, swelln ur brainz

Comment

Its a raid instance, so no mercenaries. I have myself (85 Necromancer) boxing 85 Shaman. I also tabbed back and forth to hit Arc of Arrows occasionally on 81 Ranger. There was a main 85 Monk in T5 group; Cleric in mixture of SOD group and Crystallos raid. The Monk boxed 72 or so Magician to leach experience. You will need six live people to get the instance, but dont need six to hold it.

Comment

Originally posted by Solarra View Post
        Its a raid instance, so no mercenaries. I have myself (85 Necromancer) boxing 85 Shaman. I also tabbed back and forth to hit Arc of Arrows occasionally on 81 Ranger. There was a main 85 Monk in T5 group; Cleric in mixture of SOD group and Crystallos raid. The Monk boxed 72 or so Magician to leach experience. You will need six live people to get the instance, but dont need six to hold it.
        Ah ok, cool. We have another boxer we might be able to persuade to slum with us. He runs a very well-geared 85 Pally/85 Necro box.

sigpic Encephalitis
        im in ur head, swelln ur brainz

Comment

That should work pretty well for it. The Monk tanked the whole thing, excepts some of the adds at the end. Theyre almost all hasted it seemed, which was the only reason the Cleric didnt swarm them. But a good Paladin should make it very, very simple.

Edit: I did it a couple times and failed while learning the whole thing. Won two times. Got it on the second. There are also some very nice tribute items from the unique 'armored' orc models. There is a hammer with Mirror3 proc on it that tributes for 30k and two or three other items that are ~30k. Theyre reasonably common from those models and drop further in
          Last edited by Solarra; 08-10-2009, 09:32 PM. Reason: Add some tribute information.

Comment

I actually got very lucky a month or 2 ago on both the Evocation and Alteration augs. I put them on and never looked back.

Comment

The raid itself is straightforward. There are various research subjects, one in each of the major models from LDON. One bear, one wolf, one goblin and one orc. There is one at the major 'dead ends', all guarded by several different orcs, goblins, wolves and pigs along the way. I took a friends Ranger in for Headshot to try to expedite the process of clearing. Kill all four, move on to a fifth tunnel to kill researchers, kill the boss while not being hit too hard by waves that become active while doing so. Such simple. Mostly Im posting because of the benefit of the augment.
              I was under the impression that these had to be killed in a certain order. I have not actually done this raid yet. Can you simply visit each dead end and kill the subjects? If so, that would make this much simpler!

TwoBuck, why the evocation one? Must cast EoB a TON?

Comment

Well that does make it a bit easier. We did it like that on our first win for a couple rooms. The problem we encountered was that some of the rooms are pretty packed. And when you have maybe 12 hasted 900 hitters swinging, one doesnt last very long. I even tried to load down with DOTs on the goblin, but there were so many Clerics in the room that its hitpoints werent moving. We just cleared the whole way around. I can see with maybe one more Necromancer to our Necromancer/Monk in the room, we could have done it.

Comment

Oh um, I actually was not referring to "sniping" the subjects. I was just asking if they needed to be killed in any certain order. If I read your post correctly, all that you have to do in this raid is down these 4 subjects and they do not have to be done in a specific order?

Comment

I do I chain cast EoB and SoB alot, thought what the hell might as well try it out. Down the road, if I find a really nice aug, I would replace it. Only looted it because there was 2 on the LDON run we did and no one needed it.

Comment

Im not really sure if they have to be done in a specific order. The layout of the zone kind of lends itself to doing them in one order.

Map of the instance - http://www.mapfiend.net/map/rujg

First one is in the first dead end to the right; Second is all the way to the end of the first left, down and to that dead end; third is up the center (Not center left), first right to the dead end; and last is up the center to the top and to the left. That is the order we do just because its easier for us to kill as we clear to them. The three researchers are in the upper right corner dead end (Hostage on map). Boss is to the far left (Boss on map)

Comment

So, do they still truncate the specialization checks per 20 skill points? As in, a couple years ago, if you had anywhere from 100-119 specialize skill, you get the same check on spells of that type... Or have they corrected the system to take into account every point of specialize that you have?

Dumb question I suppose, just haven't looked into the detailed math of the specialization checks much...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Warik View Post
                          So, do they still truncate the specialization checks per 20 skill points? As in, a couple years ago, if you had anywhere from 100-119 specialize skill, you get the same check on spells of that type... Or have they corrected the system to take into account every point of specialize that you have?

Dumb question I suppose, just haven't looked into the detailed math of the specialization checks much...
                          I'm pretty sure Absor smoothed out the steps a couple years ago. I think around DoDH iirc.

I'm too lazy to go and find a link for you, but i'm 99% certain that its been fixed to be a smooth curve.
                          Welcome to McKnutplate's!
                          Billions served. Step up and get yours today.

Comment

I did only a few tests with the same results each time. With SCM AAs maxed and no mana pres item equipped, having this augment gives a 215 mana/cast savings on SRP3 versus not having it. If it stays a constant ~12 percent savings on all spells, then that makes it well worth it any of the fire spells, lifetaps and will be pretty nice savings for MW. Ill put the numbers for Rk2s, since those will be more common for most people:
                            Drain Essence2 - ~115 savings
                            Mind Decomp 2 - ~155 savings
                            Scorching2 - ~110 savings
                            Not sure how you came up with those numbers, but it gives ~2% savings not 12%. I just doublechecked my numbers since I got the aug a few weeks ago.

260specalt SRP Rk.3 = 1345 mana = 76.0% of base cost
                            299specalt SRP Rk.3 = 1310 mana = 74.0% of base cost

Therefore it's 35 mana saved for SRP Rk.3 and 2% savings. This follows the formula I've been using in my spell spreadsheet that 1 point in specalt = 0.05% reduction in mana cost.

Comment

Yup, got mine this past Tuesday and I love it. Even went later in week and got the conj one, which with my second forte adds 26 to spec conj skill so a 1.3% saving. 2% on all alteration and 1.3% on all conj make a sizable difference on the longer fights and kite sessions. It cost me a 72 72 aug and a bonegrinders to replace, so I am down 172mana deom before. But it saves me over 100 every time I cycle thru all of my dots. I highly recommend getting the one for your main spec and if your augs aren't all top end raid augs the second one is also well worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X