This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nalyk View Post
    Back on the topic of Pet foci, I realized the question I asked on page 1 wasn't quite as clear as I wanted it to be. I realize that as the roman numerals increase that the better the pet foci is, but before I got the one that I'm currently using, (EM 5ish I think) I purchased one from Zeb in the void. Instead of Enhanced minion, it had "Servitor of Scale" as a focus effect. Is this different entirely than Enhanced minion? Does it do something similar or entirely different?

Again, thanks in advance
    -Nalyk
    Same type of focus effect, but it is a lesser type to the EM versions.
    Servitor of Scale is from TSS, EM started in SoF and has continued so far to the current expansion.

Comment

Late bump =)

it's not much of a click, but are TSS group robe doesn't share any recast timer with any of are robes up to HoT.

Adds a buff to pet that does a 500 lifetap like dmg with +50 hate, helps hold aggro and adds back tap HP for are pet...just a little extra that may help =p

Shadow-Vexed Silk Robe
      Feellia Vuktepis

Comment

That robe is already there, towards the end of the post.

Super old reply, but the other reason a lot of necs no longer bother with the DoD is b/c its cast time is 2.0 seconds (longer than the 1.5 second global cooldown) not a huge deal, but if you are in mid-ramp up, it slows you down a bit.

My biggest reason for rarely using it is that I have 3 open inventory slots and those are all taken up by superior dmg clickies (CoA robe, UF robe, PoR robe) and I don't feel like switching in/out of bags mid burn (or modding my UI to make that easier). If I were wearing a raid UF robe, then I would possibly have the DoD clicky in an open inventory slot. At the same time, I'm basically out of top lvl hotbuttons and moving stuff around for this small amount of dmg would be more hassle than I consider it worth.

I used to click DoD on every fight (group or raid) when I was lvl 75, global recast was longer, and I didn't have the UF or PoR type clicks. Every expansion it loses more power in comparison with our total dps. Also, the longer a fight is, the less powerful it is, but you don't want to use it while UF robe or any other Chaotic pwr buff is up b/c it will suck up a proc from a much more powerful dot, so its optimal use time is somewhat contradictory.

Sure, it is free dmg but I consider it a lot more hassle than it is worth. If you parse it out (making sure you don't use it during chaotic) I doubt it would top 2-300 dps even in the most optimal of fights. If you want to use it, then that is your call. It is free dps, I just consider the annoyance of using it correctly more hassle (and possible dps reduction) than it is worth at this time in the game.

Comment

Please note that the Staff of Ankexfen has been quietly nerfed along the way.

The current staff does not cast "multichromatic assault" (for 2164 damage unfocused). When clicked it now casts "force of magic X" (for 1200 damage unfocused).

Also, it is now not clickable from inventory, it must be worn. At least, I'm led to believe so as the language "Any Slot/Can Equip" is gone now too. The Lucy version still shows this language but I am standing right at OMM now looking at the item and it is clearly gone.

The cast time remains 0.1.

As this item is designated only Primary and would require you to swap out epic to click (and the damage has been reduced)...I won't speak for others but I am sure not going to invest 42 OMM tokens into it.

T.

Comment

i bought a staff couple days ago. it is clickable from inventory

Comment

also been looking at getting the mask clicky from vish/yar lir

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=37205

very low dps, but free dps

Comment

Originally posted by Xnao View Post
                also been looking at getting the mask clicky from vish/yar lir

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=37205

very low dps, but free dps
                Shares a lockout timer with ToB robe (unless that's been changed)

Comment

Originally posted by Vanlor View Post
                  Shares a lockout timer with ToB robe (unless that's been changed)
                  Correct. Recasttype=8

Timer sharing:
                  http://eqitems.13th-floor.org/itemse...xt_4=&next_4=0
                  --Retired, May 2012--
                  The
                  Edge-
                  Walkers

Comment

thread derail inc...

FU VANLOR

:P

Comment

Originally posted by Xnao View Post
                      thread derail inc...

FU VANLOR

:P
                      Saving u future /grumbles !

edit: it's the main reason I haven't tried to get one, heh

Comment

Can add icy tunic to that "fast click" section. I use it and staff. Hell, it's instant crit-able DPS. Maybe I'll go solo that Fang of Death raid robe. I got the group one in the bank.

Comment

Underfoot Class Robe

Is it fairly safe to assume we have outgrown the Underfoot Class Robes?

I ask this based upon the degradation of the click effect at 10% per level past 85, according to alla, and the assumption that most folks use a spell lineup between levels 91 and 95. I believe that would leave you getting 18.8% increased spell damage from the lowest end of Underfoot Robe for 91 spells and 40% increased spell damage from the highest end Underfoot Robe for 91 spells. And, of course 0% increased spell damage for any spell that is 95.

This is not a definitive statement, it is merely a question about whether or not it is worth the time invested to acquire said robe given the current max level.

Thanks.

Comment

It is not worth having at 95. You are correct.

Comment

Epic has been nerfed finally - no longer needed after level 100+
                              https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...update.269539/

Comment

Originally posted by Azorin View Post
                                Epic has been nerfed finally - no longer needed after level 100+
                                https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...update.269539/
                                https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...at-115.269716/

Someone submitted a Bug Report, that was "Confirmed" by the Devs.
                                Siluuael - 115 Dark Elf Necromancer (main)
                                Slowsil - 99 Ogre Shaman (box)
                                Imaim - 100 Barbarian Warrior (alt)
                                Originally posted by encephalitis
                                The Fail is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X