Best KITING Zone 100+ - Necrotalk.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best KITING Zone 100+

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best KITING Zone 100+

    Interested in tips for where is best to kite for Levels 100+

    Not interested in group XP or Root Rotting.

    I'm back after years off, level 101 now and still kiting in Beasts Domain but I figure that'll go light blue soon. Any zone similar to that to kite in the open?

    EDIT: Frontier Mountains - https://youtu.be/jxL5GE9Fpnk
    Last edited by Tryal Anderror; 11-22-2016, 03:04 AM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Tryal Anderror View Post
    Interested in tips for where is best to kite for Levels 100+

    Not interested in group XP or Root Rotting.

    I'm back after years off, level 101 now and still kiting in Beasts Domain but I figure that'll go light blue soon. Any zone similar to that to kite in the open?
    Scorched woods and Frontier Mountains come to mind if you have the newest expansion. TBM had nothing.

    Comment


    • #3
      Yeah, I've found Frontier Mountains over the past few days and been exclusively killing the Treants 'a grove guardian' in the northernmost region.

      3.8 Million HP, level 102 so they're good all the way to 105. A solo kill is 1.15AA each.

      I'm averaging about 70-80 AA without Lesson or potions etc...

      The respawn time seems pretty quick, under 10 minutes.

      Little video of me showing a technique to do it, still rough and i'm severely undergeared, but this works good enough for now. I'll probably re-record after I'm doing it more smoothly and more modern gear.

      https://youtu.be/jxL5GE9Fpnk

      Comment


      • #4
        Welcome back Tryal!
        Xislaben The Rising Sun

        My Dead Things

        Comment


        • #5
          Hihi

          Comment


          • #6
            Agree FTM and Scorched woods are decent.

            Comment


            • #7
              Why do you oppose root rotting?

              I'm averaging 125ish AA per lesson in FM using that method on sarnaks.

              The treants are to spread out for me.

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi.

                Any updates to this?
                Aeasya

                Comment


                • #9
                  Just getting back in game I’ll see what I can find and pass it along.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I got back into the game a few days ago...most of which has been spent getting familiar with spells and AAs again. I can't speak much to exp rate, but per kill Frontier Mountains seems to be good at least until 109 (I'm 108 and sarnak forts aren't bad). I've been told sathir tomb is next or Tizmaks until 115/aa cap/comfortable.

                    Our pet can tank/molo in FM, when your brain shuts down from kiting for too long. That's at least something. Really like that encroaching darkness AA. Snaring while running is just so unfair. Makes it easy to chain pull and pull multiple mobs at a time. Just pick an area where there's enough room so you don't have to dodge what you're already kiting and give yourself enough space so awestruck doesn't let mobs catch you, should it land (it's rare but it has landed on me).


                    Rifting sucked, back for more.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...trat=1189#NPCs
                      at 110+ is good so far. I do more pet/Merc tanking here though. It can get tight otherwise. The chodoki guards memblur on agro so pull the beastlords by punting the dogs with pest. Paralysis and they good to go. Kill the beastlord and then go get the pet afterwards. Ezpz. Named drop good augs.


                      Rifting sucked, back for more.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Jebasiz View Post
                        I got back into the game a few days ago...most of which has been spent getting familiar with spells and AAs again. I can't speak much to exp rate, but per kill Frontier Mountains seems to be good at least until 109 (I'm 108 and sarnak forts aren't bad). I've been told sathir tomb is next or Tizmaks until 115/aa cap/comfortable.

                        Our pet can tank/molo in FM, when your brain shuts down from kiting for too long. That's at least something. Really like that encroaching darkness AA. Snaring while running is just so unfair. Makes it easy to chain pull and pull multiple mobs at a time. Just pick an area where there's enough room so you don't have to dodge what you're already kiting and give yourself enough space so awestruck doesn't let mobs catch you, should it land (it's rare but it has landed on me).
                        JEB! Welcome back!

                        I'm still as casual as can be, ha ha. I got almost all of my XP in FM and around there until I hit 115, but have basically been parked in Guild Hall with a bunch of Alts for the past few months - time to shake off the dust and get back in (especially with the new Expansion pre-buy!).

                        See ya around!
                        Semper Fi,
                        ---Drazz
                        ****************
                        Mikaal Drazzminius
                        Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merge

                        Necrotalk Admin
                        EQ Traders Super Moderator
                        EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Drazzminius View Post

                          JEB! Welcome back!

                          I'm still as casual as can be, ha ha. I got almost all of my XP in FM and around there until I hit 115, but have basically been parked in Guild Hall with a bunch of Alts for the past few months - time to shake off the dust and get back in (especially with the new Expansion pre-buy!).

                          See ya around!
                          Thanks Drazz =). It's nice to be stomping around Norrath (and beyond?) again. It looks strangely familiar..being that expansions seem to be retextures and tuning of what we've already done. The experience and where to get it..the most current content you can manage seems to give the fastest exp. Sathir's Tomb and Gorowyn being exceptions to ToV/Cov. I'm almost 114, after logging in at 105 last week. Seems quick if you get to the right spot.


                          Rifting sucked, back for more.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X