Hunter achievement - Most difficult Mob

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter achievement - Most difficult Mob

I've been working on the Hunter achievements as of late. Not only have they been mostly fun and challenging, they've provided a fantastic way to level up and gear my beastlord bot. I've completed Novice (T1) and Adept (T2) thus far and am most of the way through Veteran (T3). I have about two-thirds of T4 done as well but I still have a good 60 mobs in total left to kill.

Anyway, I'm curious to hear what named others have found to be the most challenging for them. Realizing of course that everyone is geared differently and that raiders will undoubtedly fare better than non-raiders, it's still interesting to hear folks share their stories.

Some kills were early on after HoT's release and in a full group. Since working on this project, most kills were me, my beast bot and two healer mercs. I recently added a druid (go go tracking) and supplied him with a T5 tank merc, giving me the ability to now take advantage of my beastlord's melee DPS which helps a bunch.

Note - this isn't intended to be an "accomplishments" or "more with less" thread. I'm more interested in hearing what others find to be the toughest mobs in HoT and why.

Hardest for me thus far:

1. Soul Taster - Miragul's Nightmare
    Easily the toughest. I've only seen him up once and that was when my beast and druid were around 87 or so. I tried him twice and both times, he absolutely wiped the floor with me. Tough AE and two adds that power up over time if not killed quickly. Still need this guy.

2. Queen Klacknak - Alkabor's Nightmare
    Similar fight to Soul Taster. Fought her awhile back before bots were leveled but still a tough fight due to the adds. I eventually got the credit with a group but I may try her again with my team now that I have some more levels, gear, etc on bots, although beastie still needs pet defense AAs.

3. Emperor Crush - Alkabor's Nightmare
    Popped this guy easily enough but wiped twice before finally getting him on the third try. His nuke + DoT made him much tougher than I expected. In each attempt, the tank merc went down before the mob was 50% leaving Jaboner to handle the rest. I found him to be one tough hombre.

I'm sure some of the T4 named will replace some of these once I try the remaining ones on my list. Anyone else care to chime in?

Head Librarian Matilda in the library is a mob my group has trouble surviving due to all the dutiful librarian adds she pops and all of them proc'ing ae's. Out of 5 kills, I think we survived once. She's very killable, just tough to survive. And the adds corpse camp.

We have a bad habbit of killing everything near & as many different PHs as possible when we camp something, like the aug from Chronicler Cerro just below. This practice gets us into trouble so often haha.
    --Retired, May 2012--
    The
    Edge-
    Walkers

Comment

Zerkelos. Bastard took damn near forever to spawn.

Comment

Originally posted by scrat View Post
        Head Librarian Matilda in the library...
        I completely forgot about her. You're right. She was fairly tough, mainly because of all those adds coupled with potential repops.

Comment

Having just finished hunter, I'm still going to stick to my earlier assessment of Head Librarian Matilda being the toughest mob to live through, due to the full strength & number of adds. It took a handful of kills to eventually get everybody credit. Although I'm sure folks that normally run with a good CCer probably considered this mob EZ.

I could have swore I heard about some mob somewhere that starts proc'ing 100k heals on itself and 30k AEs if you start dps'ing it, forcing you to spend a long time whittling it down with a pet or turn off attack, etc. Thought it was the grounds or something. ...now I cant find anything about it, dont remember where I read about it -and I certainly dont remember running into anything like that. Outside of matilda, nothing gave us any grief other than the occasional bad-timed AE or something. Is this a mob in a bonus mission or something? Is it real, or am I remembering a bad dream?
          --Retired, May 2012--
          The
          Edge-
          Walkers

Comment

Originally posted by Vinjin View Post
            I'm sure some of the T4 named will replace some of these once I try the remaining ones on my list. Anyone else care to chime in?
            In my experience, T4 mobs tend to be easier than the T3 ones. I haven't killed as many as the rest of you I suspect, of the ones mentioned as hard, Emp Crush, Head Librarian Matilda, and Queen Klacknak are the ones I have killed, and they were tough but the one that gave me the most trouble personally was that skeleton in Feerrott. The push mechanic surprised me on how far and fast it pushed me, so on second attempt i did a lot of clearing before engaging again and still messed it up because I couldn't keep line of sight, but in the end I got him.

I think it was a bixe mob in the grounds you are thinking of Scrat, and I think they changed its mechanic a while back, so it is easier to kill.

Comment

i have soloed the majority of nameds. currently camping death stinger for my dreamslayer.

imo foeslicer in miraguls was the hardest mob to kill. even with carapace, he can spin stun you and merc. and he does it alot.

it does seem to have a shortish range though

Comment

The Queen one shot ur ass!

Comment

you said you wouldnt tell anyone!

Comment

What's the reward for finishing it? Nice job X.

Comment

20 slot 100% wr bag in addition to the bags for each tier.

suffix of the dreamslayer

and...achievement points!

btw. update your magelo. embarassing being taunted by someone in tower gear

Comment

Working...
                      X