Poking around VoA at 86

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poking around VoA at 86

I decided to be unlazy and level. At 86 I went to VoA to see what kind of new camps I could manage and if I could do the basic language tasks. I know we can solo most of them, but I wasn't sure at what level, and 'solo' is something of a relative term.

I tried Argath #1 and the looters aren't social with anything, so you can kite them or root rot them without any issues. I was also able to complete Argath #2 after some issues finding where the siege runners spawn and a slight learning curve on the bow. You'll want to have a healer merc in case the dervishes gang up on you. My gear is fairly modest and I didn't have any close calls while repairing walls.

After that, I went into Valley of Lunanyn and found I could root rot there. I'll probably be picking up the tasks here as my language unlocks, when Grounds is noisy. I went to Beast's Domain after I noticed some faction hits I didn't want to deal with. BD is much easier to deal with at 87 than it is at 86, although it hits like a truck (if you did any kiting in Qvic when GoD was the big expansion, this will feel similar).

Last night, Domain was super crowded so I went to City of Bronze at level 88. This is on the edge of too difficult for me with my spells/gear. I can kill here just fine, but the efficiency is incredibly low. I did have a friend offer to buy tradeskilled items from me as soon as I zoned in, so this will be good in the future.

Note: Now that I'm 90 and hunted farmers for a while, Mabus doesn't seem happy with me. However, I can still get the kill tasks with the following phrases, but you HAVE to be level 90:

"vermin infestation"
    "fertilizing the fields"
    "reaping the harvest"

If you're hunting in this part of the Valley, ALWAYS have these three tasks going.

There's a bunch of undead near Sarith entrance as well. They don't seem to be camped ever, at least on Cazic.
    Last edited by Arkaron; 07-20-2012, 01:43 PM. Reason: even more notes on faction, Argath 2, CoB
    cazic.arkaron
    veteran crew
    get ye flask!

When I was 85, I also poked around there for a bit.

I did Argath#1 and #2 without any problems, but the third one gave me trouble.

After that, I went back to HoT until 92, except for turning in cantrips for 91 spells. At 92, with the new Warrior pet from the vendor, I was able to whip through the tasks without too much trouble. Just used him with pet toys and a healing merc. It was a fairly positive experience, all things considered :P .

Comment

I went here at 86 (just coming back since before HoT) I killed some farmers, got to apprehensive. What do I kill to raise the faction? I seen a couple things listed but is there any quests etc? Good exp solo.

Comment

I think it's straight kills in other zones for faction. I moved to Apprehensive as well, so moved to Beast's Domain, which you can do at 86 although the kills will take some time.
        cazic.arkaron
        veteran crew
        get ye flask!

Comment

Okay, I appreciate the info.

Comment

Working...
          X