Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to level and location...

Hi guys,

I know there is a forum for this but with the lack of traffic here I wanted as many people to see this.

I'm currently lvl 90. I'm quite anxious to try out the 92 pet.

1. What's the best Xp to go from 90-92. Group? Solo? Zone?

2. How many hours do you think I'm looking at to go from 90-92?

Thanks guys. I appreciate your help.

Kiting in AlKabor's is decent, could also try tasks in Valley (lot of roamers, and more HPs, but could also knock out some of your Valley language progression). If you can get a decent group could also just grind away in HoT T4 zone and grab a few more pieces of gear.. Guess it depends on the group you can get together, experience is better in VoA if you have the DPS and a tank that can survive. At 90 with the gear you have the EXP in VoA would probably be ok, but would take a while to kill the mobs, not sure if it would be worth it over faster kills in AlKabor's (any animals, not the halflings, giants, or elves).

Comment

If you are flagged for HoT T4 MC zone, the sandmen and hands are hella good exp until 93.

Comment

If you're hot tier4 SS giants is probably the best exp, otherwise I'd stay in bd untill 95 and max aa.

EDIT: If your magelo is correct, you need to say fuck 92 and grind out like 2k aa's before even thinking about leveling.

Comment

I dunno about another 2k, but adding 1k or so more AA would most definitely help you kill stuff faster / easier.. Looks like you are missing some essential AAs (well essential to maximize our DoTs, and some utility AAs that would make things easier).

Comment

Thanks for the input fellas...

I did just update my Magelo profile. Does the advice change? I'm guessing not but I do have a bit better gear/more AA than you saw last time.

Comment

Do you solo mostly ? Or group with friends? Still seeing a number of things you should probably get sooner than later.. Leveling up and getting your new spells will surely help, but not having your DoT stuff maxed (Lingering Death, Vengeful Spirits) would be highest priority if it were me. Other things that would be very useful: Secondary Forte, Spell casting mastery, Willful Death (if you pull / split), SCS (if you grp with others), Dread Incarnate, and some ranks of Theft of Life. Don't need to max SCS or Theft of life yet, but a few ranks would help IMO.

Comment

I tend to like grouping. I tried killing those shrubs in Beasts Domain but it was painfully slow.

What would be the best group xp do you think?

Comment

I'm geared/aa's very similar to you. as far as aa count anyway, didnt go through all your spent ones. I've found the dumb crocs in LP are still decent aa exp, can kill them fast and they respawn fast. but i've also been doing some BD, it takes me just under 3m a kill, which I don't really think is too bad being I get almost 2aa per kill. So maybe some better placed aa's and you'd be good. I recently returned to game myself so I don't have HoT t3-4 access so I can't really say much about those zones.

Comment

I've been burning lesson in the valley with my shaman (who has almost zero dps AAs) leeching and sitting there for a second rooter. I pull down about 25 AAs and he gets 30-35ish in 30 minutes. You have to do more running, but hastened whisperwind makes that a lot less painful.

Max your dps AAs, get an anguish robe if you don't have one. Note for kiting - aotd pets will slow the mobs down, so even though they aren't great dps until you spend a ton on them, they can make kiting faster mobs easier.

Slowsil
                    - 88 Ogre Shaman (box)
                    Imaim - 92 Barbarian Warrior (alt)
                    Originally posted by encephalitis
                    The Fail is strong with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Filter View Post
                      If you are flagged for HoT T4 MC zone, the sandmen and hands are hella good exp until 93.
                      This.....

Unless you aren't flagged. Root rotting is easy and painless. The kills are quicker since it's in the previous expansion so exp should be faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefar View Post
                        I tend to like grouping. I tried killing those shrubs in Beasts Domain but it was painfully slow.

What would be the best group xp do you think?

I didn't do Beasts Domain till 92, maybe 93.. Some have said they got good exp there at around 90, but the kills were painfully slow on a lvl 91 with HoT T2 to T4 spell focii. Soloing (kiting or root/rotting) will give you better EXP than most groups, but can still get good EXP as long as your group is killing constantly, and fairly quickly. Best group will be high DPS, and constantly killing :P What your group can do depends on group make up, skill, and gear / AAs.

Comment

Originally posted by Filter View Post
                          This.....

Unless you aren't flagged. Root rotting is easy and painless. The kills are quicker since it's in the previous expansion so exp should be faster.

They do give very good exp, but he only has 1 rank in PP, so it may not hold for the duration. Also last time I looked, he didn't have any hastened AAs, so will have to wait 2 minutes before he can use PP again. Tash click with root works, but without tash, root breaks fairly often.

Comment

Working...
                          X