Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korascian Warrens, tier 4

Korascian Warrens

Korascian Warrens is a tier-4 zone, but is unique in that this is where all of your void E theme group progression tasks will be completed...tosk & rathe council not needed. Really. As always, refer to Raspers - but here is a necro perspective.

A couple neat points about this zone:
    • You can obtain virtually every Tier4 essence slot in this non-instanced zone.
    • The "need help to complete" tasks require pulling/splitting i.e. YOU are in demand here.
    • If you have invested heavily in your pet AA + invest in pet gear, you can do (pretty much everything but Last Stand) most of this with a merc, or just +1 other class with a merc.
    • Vekerchiki Warriors (normally by the darkhammer camp) see invis, see IVU and one sometimes flies high above out of sight in seemingly zone-wide criss-cross patterns and can aggro you for a quick smash. I've died more to these random adds from the sky than to normal mobs in the zone.
    • Beware of Walls! Throughout the zone you can merge with the cavern/rock walls and eventually take an environmental death touch. This doesn't mean don't touch them...just don't act like a cleric and try to back your mounted self far into a crevice to reduce LoS aggro.

*note* This is not a copy of my in-game map. This is a pic of mapfiend's map that I MS Painted on at work, from memory - so this is a relative-location reference. Not specific.

Now, for the progression tasks...

Retinue of the frog god
    • killing 6 sentinels; straight forward. These are right at the entry to the spider/frog area, and there is a narrow path leading north with a single roaming ogre & static goblin. If you kill the ogre & goblin, it free's up some nice working space for the sentinels. You can root/rot effectively, or you can pet tank if you gear it well enough & have a merc. Obviously, any partner with a healer merc only makes it that much easier - and everybody in the group gets shared credit for kills.
    • Of note * You will be repeating this task for Slaver factioning if you wish to request Tosk missions.*

Find your allies
    • About as easy as they come. Copy/paste raspers locs in your file and be on your way.
    • Not repeatable.

Whom frogs destroy
    • Rescuing thrall. This is pretty annoying, but easily done. Expect to die if you are doing this solo...but solo it you can. Simply buff up, put merc on passive, invis then walk to a thrall (take care to make sure other mobs are as far away as possible), drop invis...Hail and FD>fast. Either the thrall vanishes & you get update while all mobs in area aggro - or the thrall hits you and all mobs in area aggro. If thrall aggro's, move to another thrall and try...then you can go back to the failed thrall to attempt again. To clarify...you will take aggro from a bunch of mobs every time you hail a thrall, success or no. Eventually FD will fail or you will take feign interrupts due to getting smacked around.
    • Easier & safer in a group if you kill off the mobs of course, but not a requirement.
    • If you put healer merc on efficient, there is a small chance that if you die fast enough the merc can rez you almost immediately due to it being slow to react & not take aggro. Pretty sketchy though - I just planned on dying alot so I wasn't disapointed.
    • Of note * You will be repeating this task for Slaver factioning if you wish to request Tosk missions.*

The wrath of korsacian
    • Killing champions and then Korsacian Prime himself. I suppose if you are reading this, then there is no chance you could solo it, because he summons (initially he did not summon, but was changed with the rest of the named on the great summon-nerf patch of '09). The Champions are in the area with Prime & the thrall - so these can be done together. Prime is nothing special, 350k hp or so - easily duo-able with a healer or any class with a healer merc. I duo'd this with a pretty gimp wizard. Just try not to die or you won't get the update when prime dies. And make sure to tell your partner(s) to not die either or they will miss the update.

Note: Disrupt the Seige and Champions No More can be obtained at the same time, which is convienant as you will be killing mobs for both tasks in the same area. Be sure to get both
    Disrupt the Seige
    • This can be solo'd but you'd better be prepared to eat some deaths and invest a lot of time; I'd highly recommend finding aid - another necro would be ideal. The mobs are in the northern part of the zone near the Rathe Council Chambers and are somewhat tightly packed requiring splits or incredible crowd control.
    • However, find a decent enough bard and you can duo it in your sleep.

Champions No More
    • Similar to the above task, you'll want to be insane or find help. Again, mobs are in the northern part of the zone and require adept splitting or crowd control. If you found a bard for the last task, hold onto him/her for this.

Murdunk's Last Stand -you need 3 real players to zone into this instance for the script to start and the rallosians to start spawning & running
    • The back-breaker task of this theme because of the intimidation factor. This is an all-out DPS showdown requiring you to kill 35 mobs before 8 or so of them get by you and reach the Rathe Council area. Each time a mob gets by you and escapes to Rathe Council the ground will shake. Once mobs make it there, they become un-killable - so if a named pops and you let it pass - you can't go back to get him later.
    • They spawn at the ZI to Tosk, so I strongly advise you to camp the first large open area where the golems are in the static version. This gives you plenty of room to kite (yes you can kite every dang one) and allow your mezer (or other kiters) plenty of room also. Necro's were built for this!
    • A named general can spawn and ruin your day as he's immune to snare & will summon you for a beating should you anger him.
    • However...get the strat down for this and you will (probably) love it and use it for lesson burns in the future.
    • How many people & what class you need to get this done will be entirely dependant on the quality of players, skill level, gear, etc. You don't need a perfect group; just enough to hold the flow while the DPS goes to work. However, I know from personal experience this can be done with an extremely small force + mercs.

Named mobs-
    • Everything that I'm aware of summons, though most of it can be snared. However, like pretty much everything up to this point - grab a healer or any other class with a healer merc and you can do some incredible things. Be aware some named are much tougher than others - Reuk the Portal Tender being the weakest in the zone due to being a mage and casting spells somewhat often.
    • Raspers has spawn locs you can cut/paste in your map files.

Overall, here's my impression: Korascian Warrans gets a C+ rating for necromancers.
    • It should be an even lower score due to being a dungeon i.e the ability to control your surroundings is minimal - so it's not ideal for xp'ing. Well, there are a couple okay spots but nothing to brag about. The XP isn't much (if any) better than Tosk IMO, yet the risk is substantially higher.
    • Based on the above bullet, I expect this to be a transitional zone - get your progression done, get faction done (if desired), get some specific drops (if desired) then move on. Don't look back unless you want some fun lesson burns running MLS tasks.
    • However - my score reflects a higher rating because as a necro - you fulfill some hardcore requirements for groups to be efficient i.e. you should be in demand. We don't fill many demand slots this expansion, so that means something.

Remember, this is just my personal impressions! Go explore, form your own opinion and share with the community!
    Last edited by scrat; 12-15-2010, 01:56 PM. Reason: Moved out of Sub Lounge
    --Retired, May 2012--
    The
    Edge-
    Walkers

Originally posted by scrat View Post
    The wrath of korsacian
    • Killing champions and then Korsacian Prime himself. I suppose if you are reading this, then there is no chance you could solo it, because he summons. The Champions are in the area with Prime & the thrall - so these can be done together. Prime is nothing special, 350k hp or so - easily duo-able with a healer or any class with a healer merc. I duo'd this with a pretty gimp wizard. Just try not to die or you won't get the update when prime dies.
    It is possible to at least duo this with no tank (with a wiz for sure). Prime does not summon and can be rooted so if you have enough dps to clear the room to have some space in case he breaks root, or if you are totally nuts and go up on the wall behind him (totally nuts b/c his reach is crazy and he hits like a truck). Just a possible alternative if you can't tank him for some reason.

Comment

I thought he summoned.
      Solithan

Comment

Originally posted by solithan View Post
        I thought he summoned.
        He does, but in my experience a minimum of a modest investment in pet gear + two healer mercs of pretty much any calibre = dead prime. I have never, ever had a problem finding a partner to do progression tasks...regardless of the day or time. There's always somebody out there.
        --Retired, May 2012--
        The
        Edge-
        Walkers

Comment

Ok cause Vanlor posted
          ...Prime does not summon and can be rooted so...

Guessing his info is old.
          Solithan

Comment

er, I was pretty sure he didn't when I did him, maybe he has changed?

Comment

Geez, I forgot all about this post...been gathering dust for 2 months. Did some final editing and pushing it to the appropriate forum.
              Last edited by scrat; 04-26-2009, 01:17 AM.
              --Retired, May 2012--
              The
              Edge-
              Walkers

Comment

Originally posted by scrat;109296[B
                Murdunk's Last Stand[/B]
                • The back-breaker task of this theme because of the intimidation factor. This is an all-out DPS showdown requiring you to kill 35 mobs before 8 or so of them get by you and reach the Rathe Council area. Each time a mob gets by you and escapes to Rathe Council the ground will shake. Once mobs make it there, they become un-killable - so if a named pops and you let it pass - you can't go back to get him later.
                • They spawn at the ZI to Tosk, so I strongly advise you to camp the first large open area where the golems are in the static version. This gives you plenty of room to kite (yes you can kite every dang one) and allow your mezer (or other kiters) plenty of room also. Necro's were built for this!
                • A named general can spawn and ruin your day as he's immune to snare & will summon you for a beating should you anger him.
                • However...get the strat down for this and you will (probably) love it and use it for lesson burns in the future.
                • How many people & what class you need to get this done will be entirely dependant on the quality of players, skill level, gear, etc. You don't need a perfect group; just enough to hold the flow while the DPS goes to work. However, I know from personal experience this can be done with an extremely small force + mercs.
                This is /the/ lotd mission of choice for most classes that can't just plow through xp on their own (read: pretty much everyone but wizzies, rangers and necros). Get 2 decent dpsers (counting you) and you have this won (by decent I mean ~T4 group gear with T5ish weapons and level-appropriate AAs... like everything else in this expansion, tanks/healers/dpers in a mix of the previous tier and the tier you are fighting in should be able to handle the named with 500-1000 AAs and augs for the tanks).

You can let up to 9 go by without losing the mission. The strat of choice here for people xping is to get the mission, burn down to two less mobs than you need to win, and let the others go by until 9 have passed, then burn the one more and lose. Rinse and repeat ad nauseum. Doing this gives most people time to run an entire lesson +/- a couple minutes and is the best chance of getting a named, in the event you have a group that can handle him.

Also, if you are getting behind, let one go by, or have someone park him then hit 3rd, etc. on the parked one to catch up.

Lastly, if you are trying to win and have a low dps/undergeared tank/low healing group, you can let the hardest mobs go by and hope for a good ratio of easy to hard. The order of hardness (measured by HP/AC/DPS of the mobs) from easiest to hardest is:
                1. Goblins (NEVER let a gobby go by - they are gimp)
                2. Orcs
                3. Ogres
                4. Giants

I think I'm missing a class of mob here, but I'm posting from memory.
                Siluuael - 115 Dark Elf Necromancer (main)
                Slowsil - 99 Ogre Shaman (box)
                Imaim - 100 Barbarian Warrior (alt)
                Originally posted by encephalitis
                The Fail is strong with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanlor View Post
                  or if you are totally nuts and go up on the wall behind him (totally nuts b/c his reach is crazy and he hits like a truck). Just a possible alternative if you can't tank him for some reason.
                  Is this implying that you could invis behind Prime...and kill him without clearing the room?
                  Magelo way out of date due to laziness...

Comment

Originally posted by Zeli View Post
                    Is this implying that you could invis behind Prime...and kill him without clearing the room?
                    Yes
                    Solithan

Comment

Just know that afaik he does summon. Hell, he may have when I did him the first time with a wiz and we just got some random luck or one of our mercs got summoned but not us and I didn't notice lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanlor View Post
                        Just know that afaik he does summon. Hell, he may have when I did him the first time with a wiz and we just got some random luck or one of our mercs got summoned but not us and I didn't notice lol.
                        he does NOT summon you mean. it is possible to clear the entire room and then root rot him down solo... just takes some clever root rotting and being awesome at life. used to do it before i quit. did it for the wiz and the sham iirc.

Comment

Did this one with my fellowship Saturday.

I pulled the champions out for the first task update, and in doing so I tried at the end to get the top 2 (closest to Prime). Once successful in killing the 2 champion spawns close to him, we invised up, pulled Prime to the back wall and won fairly easily.

Side note: I've noticed pulling in this theme can be quite buggy. Many times in Warrens I will have pulled a mob, snared it and flopped (like usual). In waiting for the train to reset, the snared mob will warp back to spawn. Annoying.

edit: Btw, at least as of Saturday...he summons. 100% sure.
                          Last edited by Zeli; 07-27-2009, 12:49 PM. Reason: oops

Comment

Another question while I'm thinking of it...do the shocktroopers in "Disrupt the Siege" summon? Just wondering if the mechanic of shock-named mobs being summoners carried over from SoF.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultulus View Post
                              he does NOT summon you mean. it is possible to clear the entire room and then root rot him down solo... just takes some clever root rotting and being awesome at life. used to do it before i quit. did it for the wiz and the sham iirc.
                              It must have gotten ninja changed, maybe when they added in summoning for other named in kuua theme.

Comment

Working...
                              X