Do mobs "forget" aggro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do mobs "forget" aggro?

I'm currently Lv 40, but will be going to try Blackfeather Roost as soon as I hit 46 or so...you might say that I'm planning ahead.
    I camped Xalgoz with my 71 cleric until he dropped Staff of the Dreaded gaze, so I have a nice kiting toy now (right click Invoke Fear).
    Anyway, you might say I'm a fan of kiting...I actually prefer aggro kiting to fear kiting, but will do both...With aggro kiting, I can better control where the mobs go, so as to avoid adds.

Now to my question:
    If I FD on a mob (either b/c pet died and/or it's too much for me to handle), will the mob "forget" aggro, if I get up (provided it's out of normal aggro range?
    I seem to remember that this used to be a problem. That is, mobs would not forget and re-aggro at ridiculous ranges.

Just wondering...

------
    Lewcifuur
    Lvl 40 Dark Elf Necromancer of Innoruuk
    ----------------------------------------
    Lewcifuur Deathcaller
    Dark Elf Necromancer of Innoruuk (Tunare/E'Ci)

mobs now forget after 1 minute standard (as long as they are not currently engaged). so, just stay fd for 60 sec if you want it to forget. you will get a message that says 'your enemies have forgotten you' or something close to that.

It is good that you prefer aggro kiting... b/c at any lvl much higher than yours fear kiting is dead.

good hunting

Comment

1) Mobs under 35th level always forget you once you FD
      2) Mobs over 35 have a small chance to forget you on FD
      3) Mobs will forget you if they are static spawns and go back to their spawn points (I have noticed some exceptions to this general rule.. the zombies at catapults in Ocean Green for example)
      4) If you have a dot ticking away, even if mob forgot you it will reaggro at tick (if you are FD it won't attack, but will put you back in combat mode and the mob won't have forgotten you when you stand up)
      5) One minute FD will cause mobs to forget you (You get a message) (There are some exceptions to this as well, the spawned mob from the access the the portals quest will reaggro over and over even if no dots and out of range until it despawns)
      6) if you are FD and get aggro clear and stay fd and a dot tick puts you back in combat state aggro will not reclear, unless you luck out on the small chance they forgot you or the mob resets at spawn, you have to stand back up and FD again to start the minute over.

At least this has been my experience.

Comment

Thanks for the info! I'm getting better at kiting multiple mobs at once.
        Last night in the OT, I killed a yellow con Sarnak Knight when I was Lv 37 or 38 and it gave me about 1y of xp...that was nuts. Normal Dark blues gave about 3 blue average and Light blues gave about 2 blues xp. Best part was, I had the ENTIRE zone to myself the whole time. There was a Lv 80 bard in Skyfire when I had to zone though....the old world zones sure are bare these days. I remember when you could get a group in the OT, FM (giant fort), LOIO, Skyfire, etc)
        I got to the point where I could duo or tri kite pretty well and stay safe. Quad kiting got a little hairy and once I aggroed a 5th (yellow) mob and had to zone as my pet died.
        Stocking up on Sow, Levitate and shinspike potions helps tremendously...in addition to knowing a friendly neighborhood mage who summons pet armor and weapons. hell ya!

Well, it's off to probably Mons Lentalis and then Blackfeather Roost, as I'm going to try getting Lv 50 within the next 2 days or so.

----------
        Lewcifuur
        Lvl 40 Dark Elf Necromancer of Innoruuk
        Last edited by Lewcifuur; 12-11-2008, 08:37 PM.
        ----------------------------------------
        Lewcifuur Deathcaller
        Dark Elf Necromancer of Innoruuk (Tunare/E'Ci)

Comment

3) Mobs will forget you if they are static spawns and go back to their spawn points (I have noticed some exceptions to this general rule.. the zombies at catapults in Ocean Green for example)

Well - if you watch closely on respawn those zombies dont simply spawn at their spots, they walk to them from who knows where. So basically they are not static spawns!

Comment

ahh interesting about the OGH zombies!

I found another example of code making FD less useful.
            In one of the Tosk Group missions, Spies Lies and Prison Cells. The spawned mobs will run over to stand on your FDed body.... get up HS and run away, far away, FD again and they find me and Stand on me again...sheesh.. Talk about corpse camping! then a group mate zones in and they run after him. So I guess they are just looking for non NPCs to attack, at least FD keeps then from attacking me.

Comment

Working...
            X