back to EQ (looking for kiting areas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back to EQ (looking for kiting areas)

after a couple years of bashing my head against my keyboard, incessantly inane chat, 10 year olds telling my wife how to play and thinking that they can jump straight into raids just because they hit a certain level (yes, WoW did have progression...) and as mentioned in another string, punching keys as fast as possible and in a certain fashion (mostly all at once with forehead) to produce the best DPS, I have quit WoW and returned to EQ. I'm actually amazed at how quickly I have remembered aspects of play in EQ, but with so many expansions I am wondering if I can just get a little help. I played a Wiz through Time before quitting, and now upon return I am enjoying my Necromancer far more. he is at level 58, and mostly I am wondering if someone can toss me some hints as to where the best kiting areas will be as I grow in power. or, if it's mentioned in another string, point / push me that way. anyways, it's good to be back to a more "adult" and "mature" game!

what server are you on?
    Girls are like monkeys and guys are like branches, and they won't let go of one without another in grabbing range. - Exopal.

Comment

It's a bit old, but this thread has some good suggestions for solo areas at that level and this one has some good ones too.

ps. Moving this -> Hunting Grounds: Levels of Power

Comment

I'm On Bertox thanks for the link Lashden!

Comment

WB Nephileem!

I bet you found defiant armor already. should be very cheap in bazaar (or it's a rip off).

A little harder to find are the new jewelry things. There is god-like crafted jewelry available now:
          Velium or palladium trio stuff.
          You augment these things with a high level JC cut taaffeite and a round cut opal / peridot. And for a set you will get thousands of HP/Mana + all stats and resists max + a lot of ac.
          When you grow up you can reuse the jewels and put them into 'dwerium trio' things.
          Check boards like eqtraders for more information about rec levels and maybe this editgrid about what cut taaffeite gives what stats and this one about what metal (velium, dwerium, etc. ) is best at what level.
          Last edited by Zark; 07-06-2009, 07:13 AM.
          Zark, Urgl, Nomh

Comment

Originally posted by Nephileem View Post
            after a couple years of bashing my head against my keyboard, incessantly inane chat, 10 year olds telling my wife how to play and thinking that they can jump straight into raids just because they hit a certain level (yes, WoW did have progression...) and as mentioned in another string, punching keys as fast as possible and in a certain fashion (mostly all at once with forehead) to produce the best DPS, I have quit WoW and returned to EQ. I'm actually amazed at how quickly I have remembered aspects of play in EQ, but with so many expansions I am wondering if I can just get a little help. I played a Wiz through Time before quitting, and now upon return I am enjoying my Necromancer far more. he is at level 58, and mostly I am wondering if someone can toss me some hints as to where the best kiting areas will be as I grow in power. or, if it's mentioned in another string, point / push me that way. anyways, it's good to be back to a more "adult" and "mature" game!
            I don't know where they are posted anymore, but hotzones give nice exp and augs(random drops). That and outside of hotzones(previous hotzones still drop the augs..so if you can find a comprehensive list, it'd help a lot) the newer content has higher ZEM's(zone experience modifiers), so..per kill, they're generally better exp. However, if you can mow through enough mobs in older content to make up for the difference, you might be better off elsewhere.

At 58, I want to say plane of valor, plane of storms, or something in the serpents spine expansion- TSS(which was..a great expansion IMO, as long as you weren't raiding).

Enjoy.

Rifting sucked, back for more.

Comment

Hot zones are posted here.
              Zark, Urgl, Nomh

Comment

Working...
              X