Plane of Nightmares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plane of Nightmares

Ok, I zone in, run my ass to the gargoyles and chill for a minute to lose aggro. I get all set up and start my hunting, and I get my ass handed to me! what am i doin wrong?
    The darkest of nights
    Make way for the clearest of days
    Intelligence bows to the whims of the masses
    The wise seek council
    The brave seek shelter
    The timid seek arms
    Death is the only truth
    Sometimes even the truth is a lie...

Need more info. Did you get overrun by adds or what?
    Magelo way out of date due to laziness...

Comment

got over run. 3 gargs and a bat, I am not a newb, I don't panic when i get adds but i was actually about to run out of mana when I hit FD. usin my 59 darkness because I'm broke (returning from a 3 year break) I just can't seem to get this toon out of 61, been tryin for a month now and all i seem to do is take 1 step forward and 12 back. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
      The darkest of nights
      The wise seek council
      The brave seek shelter
      The timid seek arms
      Death is the only truth

Comment

Have you tried any of the hotzones? There should be some pretty good exp for you there.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:hotzones

PoN is a fun zone but at level 61 you have all but outgrown it. Have you tried PoFire? Not sure if you'll have enough dps for there, but it was/is kiting exp heaven.

Comment

The Hole would be another good place to lvl / AA until about 71 too. Easy mobs you can slaughter en mass. And if you are still doing epic, there are a couple drops you need there anyway..

Comment

And use Dooming darkness until you get the pop version, then use that until you get AA snare. That should help with the mana and I think is faster casting. The damage from the darkness line is very low, only the snare part is important.

Also are you using Tribute? Affliction Efficency (25% reduction in mana cost) and Affliction Haste (33% faster casting dots) will make your life easier. If you don't have better foci can also run the Burning Affliction Tribute.

Comment

Originally posted by Vivamort View Post
              Also are you using Tribute? Affliction Efficency (25% reduction in mana cost) and Affliction Haste (33% faster casting dots) will make your life easier. If you don't have better foci can also run the Burning Affliction Tribute.
              This is $$$. Way more of a gameplay effect than you'd think. Affliction haste is flat out awesome.

Comment

Barren Coast hotzone would be the go.

Comment

Thank you all for the advise, I will look into the zones and let you know how I am doin. this is why no matter how long i am gone from the game i always come back, the sense of community. Thank you and please feel free to keep adding your 2 cents, any help i can get will be wonderful
                  The darkest of nights
                  The wise seek council
                  The brave seek shelter
                  The timid seek arms
                  Death is the only truth

Comment

Toss us a magelo and I'm sure you'll get a ton of advice.

Comment

Buddy up with a bunch of people your level. You can hoof it over to Dragonscale Hills and supply DPS for the Farm. Good XP, high priced Vendor Trash and the Task NPC is almost as close as when you were in High Pass.

And , yes, throw some XP to your AAs. They help out alot.

Comment

Working...
                      X