Named farming going forward...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Named farming going forward...

Sitting at 95 now, just over 1500 AA's. I haven't done much in RoF besides some starter quests, and all the attuning quests. But from what I've been reading about named in the various tiers of RoF, does it seem they are trending to make moloing named a thing of the past in future expansions?

I hope not personally, but from looking at the beta info last week for T4. Some of the effects named put out scares the shit out of me. Part of my enjoyment in game is farming named. I don't like to box, not good at it. Would rather not have to resort to doing it. My old main is a 95 Mag, with around 4200 AAs. So I have an option, if I decide to keep my mage up to date as I continue on with my necro.

What do you guys think? Going forward will we still be able to farmed named? Or are the devs slowly making it impossible unless you box.

Originally posted by Thullsa View Post
    Sitting at 95 now, just over 1500 AA's. I haven't done much in RoF besides some starter quests, and all the attuning quests. But from what I've been reading about named in the various tiers of RoF, does it seem they are trending to make moloing named a thing of the past in future expansions?

I hope not personally, but from looking at the beta info last week for T4. Some of the effects named put out scares the shit out of me. Part of my enjoyment in game is farming named. I don't like to box, not good at it. Would rather not have to resort to doing it. My old main is a 95 Mag, with around 4200 AAs. So I have an option, if I decide to keep my mage up to date as I continue on with my necro.

What do you guys think? Going forward will we still be able to farmed named? Or are the devs slowly making it impossible unless you box.
    Some are definitely doable, some very very tough depending on gear / luck / merc. It's fun trying to kill namers with just the merc.. Was quite difficult with mostly group gear. With raid pet focus though, it has gotten a ton easier. Will need all your pet defensive AAs maxed if you hope to kill a current named in group gear though. Even then, it should be challenging.

Comment

I have molo'd all of the RoF mobs that I have encountered except the ones that spawn adds. Haven't bothered with them yet. I have molo'd and solo'd Gornig with no raid gear but I did have 7K aa's at the time. I haven't been to T4 yet so that might change.

I enjoy the challenge of doing certain things and will try for hours to take down a mob that is giving me fits because I hate to lose.

I box a war and a mage but prefer to solo my necro 99% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Filter View Post
        I have molo'd and solo'd Gornig with no raid gear but I did have 7K aa's at the time.
        Ok, I've just got to say...you're the man for pulling that off. How long did that take? Even boxing my shammy I had hell taking him down. Especially when he would go spell immune for long periods of time and my DPS went to 0....unless I was doing something wrong, he was just a royal pain in the ass. Luckily he dropped the nose bone for me on the first kill and I got the hell out of there and never went back lol.
        Evillil Bastage
        100 necro
        100 shambot
        Test Server

Comment

swarm pet his ass during those times. Yes it took forever but I wanted to say that I did it. The fastest way I found to do it was to suspend merc during those times and repopped merc when I got him to the non-belly caster time. Other than that I used swarm pets the whole time to kill. It's still not easy to do but it can be done.

It took me over an hour to do it solo and just at an hour molo'd.

Comment

Ahhh, very nice. I don't know why, but I always think of swarm pets last for some reason. That's awesome though, major kudos to you.
            Evillil Bastage
            100 necro
            100 shambot
            Test Server

Comment

throng does more dps than marnek, even on a burn~
              ~~Baron Sendir Nyte'Mairz~~
              Sendir Nyte'Mairz - My Magelo!

Comment

I use throng (two levels of them) on any summoning mobs so obviously named counts here. They allow you to get a FD off here and there and do decent dps. They are always on my spell bar when I'm soloing/grouping so which is always.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancrotis View Post
                  throng does more dps than marnek, even on a burn~
                  No.
                  With third spire, robe, glyph, and if you used GoDR to twin cast it, not even close.
                  It might non burn, depending on the mob you are fighting.

Comment

Working...
                  X