This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vanlor View Post
    I mean, right now I have only one log file and every time I turn /log on it just adds to that log file. In order to get seperate files or sessions do you always have to split off of the main one? If so how exactly do I go about that? Cut/paste in notepad?

On my old pc I swear each time I turned /log on it created a new session, rather than just ading to the first one.
    What I used to do (not sure it still works), is rename the current log file and then add it to a ZIP file. I'd change ZIP files too, when they got big enough. I'd usually manage to put a month's worth of log into a single ZIP.

If EQ didn't see a current log file, it would just start a new one.
    Zeller

Comment

Every week or so I will simply add todays date behind the current eqlog_imoloch.txt file to read eqlog_imoloch7-17.txt. As already said, doing this makes the game think you have no log, so the next logging attempt it auto-creates eqlog_imoloch.txt. Additionally, when I'm parsing something specific as when I was doing each rank of zombies I added ZO1, ZO2, etc after every logfile for fast easy access.

And Xis - thanks bud! It takes it a little bit to load up a 2-3Mb log but it does a nice job and isn't having problems. I really like your tabs for tick damage & name of spells. Thanks even more for sharing it!
      --Retired, May 2012--
      The
      Edge-
      Walkers

Comment

Awsome job on the dot ticks Xis and being able to see how dot tics with coa BP are compared to usual ones.

Any chance you could make the stuff sortable by oher critera. Like dot tics from worse to best, fight drutions from shortest to longerst etc? Would really make it perfect. That and larger log files being parsable.

Comment

Originally posted by Felicite View Post
          Sorry, Noam.. I used to have Felicite's entire life logged in friendly 200-400MB chunks. I would remember to rename them every few months.

Now that would be a good test.. *nods* And it would be like a free subscription to "Penthouse Letters".

But seriously, thank you for sharing your parser with the community, you are a class act. Tad grumpy, but class.
          My RAM would hate you for a 200 meg log file! Grumpy? :P

Originally posted by Meph View Post
          Awsome job on the dot ticks Xis and being able to see how dot tics with coa BP are compared to usual ones.

Any chance you could make the stuff sortable by oher critera. Like dot tics from worse to best, fight drutions from shortest to longerst etc? Would really make it perfect. That and larger log files being parsable.
          Yeah sorting is on my list of things to do, it's not native to the control so I'd have to write something for it.

It *should* work for larger log files now, but I don't have any myself to test that fail, so I either need one sent to me or I need to rely on reports on how beta version 10 handles them.

Originally posted by scrat View Post
          And Xis - thanks bud! It takes it a little bit to load up a 2-3Mb log but it does a nice job and isn't having problems. I really like your tabs for tick damage & name of spells. Thanks even more for sharing it!
          I plan on adding like a progress bar or something to let you know how close it is to completing processing.

I mean, right now I have only one log file and every time I turn /log on it just adds to that log file. In order to get seperate files or sessions do you always have to split off of the main one? If so how exactly do I go about that? Cut/paste in notepad?

On my old pc I swear each time I turned /log on it created a new session, rather than just ading to the first one.
          I just add to the end of each log file the date and a letter for the events that day and the mob name, like this:

From
          eqlog_Xislaben_maelin.txt

To
          eqlog_Xislaben_maelin07162007e_SolterisEvent2.txt
          eqlog_Xislaben_maelin07162007d_SolterisEvent2.txt
          eqlog_Xislaben_maelin07162007c_SolterisEvent2.txt
          eqlog_Xislaben_maelin07162007b_SolterisEvent2.txt
          eqlog_Xislaben_maelin07162007a_SolterisEvent2.txt

You don't have to even open the file to do it, just stop the log, rename, and restart whenever.

also, don't use notepad, its slow as balls. Use a real text editor out there like EditPlus 2.
          Last edited by Xislaben; 07-18-2007, 01:36 AM.
          Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Comment

Ah, ok.

Um, what if I don't want to pay $30 after the first 30 days? Are you... suggesting I pirate? lol

Comment

Ah, ok.

Um, what if I don't want to pay $30 after the first 30 days? Are you... suggesting I pirate? lol
              Oh, well I'm sure there are other good text editors out there for free, notepad is about as slow as they come for handling large file (anything over 400k-ish) cause it just reads everything directly into RAM.

Try http://www.notetab.com/, though editplus is so yummy.
              Last edited by Xislaben; 07-18-2007, 03:05 PM.
              Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Comment

Ok I added dot crits (for dots level 55+) and some more pet detail

Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Comment

Wow. Could I toss a man-hug your way or something?
                  --Retired, May 2012--
                  The
                  Edge-
                  Walkers

Comment

Thats awesome mate,

Many thanks for posting this, without doubt the best Necro parser i've found.

On a side note, if you get a bit more spit and polish to it, asking for a wee Paypal donation wouldn't be unreasonable to compensate you for your hardwork.

thanks again

Quorthon

Comment

Originally posted by flubuk View Post
                      Thats awesome mate,

Many thanks for posting this, without doubt the best Necro parser i've found.

On a side note, if you get a bit more spit and polish to it, asking for a wee Paypal donation wouldn't be unreasonable to compensate you for your hardwork.

thanks again

Quorthon
                      Nah I don't plan on taking money for it, my only concern is bandwith (how many lurker necro downloaders are there out there?), and if that gets to be iffy I can host it on some free site.

I've got a working DPM calculation now in the all detail page, the idea is Total Damage / (Casts * Base Mana Cost), but it's producing some unexpected numbers. I guess I never really thought about it before, but the RNG on critting and foci is playing havoc with DPM. For instance I've seen AG Pyre rk 3 jump from 10 DPM to 15 DPM and change.
                      Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Comment

Originally posted by Meph View Post

Ok, I've made the listviews sortable now in version beta 15, though they only sort in 1 direction.

You wouldn't believe how ridiculous you have to get with these things if you want to sort variable length non alphabetical data. It may have been less work to suck everything into a custom array, bubble sort it, and then stick it back in there.

I probably should have used something like a msflexgrid instead of the plain vanilla listview control, but hindsight is 20:20!
                        Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Comment

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's still not working on my current log file of 39k.

You want me to zip it and send it to you?

Loketh on Prexus
                          Loketh and his Toys

Comment

Originally posted by hughman View Post
                            Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's still not working on my current log file of 39k.

You want me to zip it and send it to you?

Loketh on Prexus
                            Yes please!

Xislaben@dzert.com
                            Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Comment

can you add functionality to allow a sort by clicking on the top category, sort by damage done, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Viko View Post
                                can you add functionality to allow a sort by clicking on the top category, sort by damage done, etc?
                                That was already done, um, and stated by Xis. You might need to dl a newer version.

At first glance I didn't think that it parsed DDs at all Xis, but it looks like it accounts for the damage and just doesn't list the spell. I know this is primarily a DoT/pet parser, but it is so good already, could the DD spells be added in/show up? It can be figured out by subtracting from the total and gestimating from differences in the graph (total damage) and the DoT breakdown tab how much you did that tic but that can be tedious =/ It is really nice to have all the DoT dmg separated out on its own tab though.

Is there any way you could fairly easily make a whole new tab with total dmg breakdown per tic, have the current DoT breakdown graph be for that tab, have a separate DoT breakdown graph showing only DoT dmg, and have another category for DDs on the summary page?

I understand if this is too tedious or slows the program down to much. I am guessing right now it just searches for xxxx does xxxx non-melee dmg for xxxx (or w/e the exact phrase is) and in order for this to work it may need to search for specific spell names.

2nd requests: Could we get a minimize/maximize and possibly resize functionality with the window? One of the main reasons I ask being that a fight lasting more than say 20 tics or so starts to get really busy and really hard to see all at once clearly on some of the different tabs. Basically just to show more info at once on most of the tabs and to enlarge the graph within the window on the DoT tick graph.

Sorry if these are too demanding, LOVE the parser so far!

Edit: Looking over my parse from GoD last night and noticed something. On Tunat fight you first kill a fake version of him then take him from 100-90% and he shape shifts. We had a few min downtime b/w the fake/real. When I look at my real parse from 100-90% it appears to correctly calculated everything on the damage tab, but the other tabs are from the fake Tunat. There are similar problems when he shifts into his generals. The 'seconds' that each fight lasted on the damage tab appear to be accurate, but the rest of the tabs are not or some are even blank. What do I do lol?

Edit v2: Looking over more of the parse, this problem seems to occur whenever you fight a mob of the same name more than once. The first tab, "damage" appears correct, the rest, however, do not Is there a way to make it look for both a name and a time when getting data for the other tabs? I am guessing a lot of the higher end necs will mostly use this parser for named mobs and raid mobs. If it is possible I would like to be able to see breakdowns when I just kite/solo to try and improve my gameplay or test different lineups etc.

Boy, I guess that I am just demanding today =p

Edit3: Well... when I go back through now nothing seems to have a problem. The log file has been added to since I last posted, so I have no idea what bugged it

Does damage from pet weapon procs show? Also is there a way to see when the pet does his little innate proc? and my post grows... lol
                                Last edited by Vanlor; 07-23-2007, 07:47 PM. Reason: Added q: about same nameds

Comment

Working...
                                X