Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alkabor's island was a popular spot on the first island. None of the animals summon. and can get kill quests to augment the xp. Not sure if it is still locked behind advancement. The other spot was Morell's Castle root rotting sandmen.

Comment

Originally posted by Utumen View Post
      Thank you once again for this thread,

My question is. After I snare and root my to be XP kill, I should just constantly cycle through the dots from top to bottom?

Thank you in advance.
      Well yes, kind of. you refresh dots as they wear off. And if you are root rotting you may want to do a damage per cast line up as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jona View Post
        I watched tyrals video, for me it wasn't very informative. He was like level 95 I have access to none of the spells he is casting. He didnt really go through any spefics just talked off topic a lot. Everything he was doing is what i was already trying to do with common sense. Im just not sure I have the spells to be able to dot a mob fully without having to go back to it.
        The spells Tryal is using there should just be the upgraded versions of the same spells you have access too. I haven't watched the video in a long time, but I am sure he isn't using quick dots or swarm pets.

Alternately, you could parse and see how many hps the mobs have, and then figure out the fewest number of dots you need to just exceed that total. The fewer casts you have to make, the more time you have to add more mobs to the kite.

Here is what I see if you are doing some kind of damage per cast line up. Given the foci and AAs the HC necro starts with.

I have struck out Splart and Splort, because 1, they don't stack, and 2 they last longer than Encroaching Darkness, and I would want the mob dead before snare wore off.

Cast the the amount needed to kill the mob, from longest to shortest duration.

So if you had to cast all 12, that would average around 254K of damage, If you were killing 150K hp mobs you would cast the first 7, from longest to shortest then get another mob before the one you were just dotting dies.
        Last edited by Vivamort; 03-23-2014, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vivamort View Post
          You can delete them and remake them, until whenever the promotion ends. So can remake them on test if that is where you want them.
          Hey sweet it worked - and I even got the Bonusitems (Plat and Bayle Marks and (who cares) food and drink) although original wording from SOE said otherwise.

Comment

Is there anything specific we are supposed to do during raids that we wouild normally do in groups? IM using my last two slots for lvl 85 and lvl 90 swarm pets. And only using my Health Tap swift spell.

Also when using my third spire, does to it affect dots that you have already placed, (so that you can place all your dots and then use third spire) or do you need to use third before you place your dots. Also is the haste I put on my pet higher then the haste others can put on it?
            Last edited by Jona; 03-27-2014, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jona View Post
              Is there anything specific we are supposed to do during raids that we wouild normally do in groups? IM using my last two slots for lvl 85 and lvl 90 swarm pets. And only using my Health Tap swift spell.

Also when using my third spire, does to it affect dots that you have already placed, (so that you can place all your dots and then use third spire) or do you need to use third before you place your dots. Also is the haste I put on my pet higher then the haste others can put on it?
              This is getting a bit beyond the scope of this topic.

But on raids, do not use quick dots, they suck. Even the tap one is a waste, you shouldn't need to tap at all (all slots for regular dots), you should have a healer in group that keeps you alive.

Swarm pets on raids... hmm maybe, afterall they are good DPS, but in AE or AE rampage situations, they get chewed up fast. Added to the fact beyond having a pet focus, and having a bard in group with their aura up, there is no way to make them better. Where as dots are modified by passive and activated AA as well as the stuff that the raid will hit you with like Illusions of Grandeur and Auspice of the Hunter, other bard songs. I would say you would be better off switching to dots in those 2 slots and then swapping more dots in on the fly to stack 15 dots at least.

Third Spire will effect dots that were cast prior to it being clicked, if they are still ticking. So cast long to short duration dots and then click it. Since it boosts crit damage, it is best to use it when crit rate is 100% (or as near as you can get).

I don't know about our haste vs ,others for pets, our haste adds other things... so it is probably better than shaman haste, not sure when chanter haste starts adding other things and if it is better or not, I have always just used my own haste.

Comment

There may be one other thing that is worth mentioning for getting the most out of your HA Necro.

Game text triggers.
                http://gambosoft.com/Pages/GamTextTriggers_Features.htm

There is a LOT going on with your necro, and, depending on how you have your chat windows set up, there is much potential to miss many very important messages as they flash through. If you use game text triggers, you can highlight many important messages that you want to know about.

My top ten list of triggers (not in any particular order):

1) Twincast dots - if a dot twincasts, you want to know so you don't refresh it too early. Doing so may drop your dps as you overwrite a twincasted dot (and the refreshed copy doesn't twincast).

2) Feign failing - dear God I hate falling to the ground. Especially if you don't catch the one-liner that lets you know this. A trigger will highlight on your screen that your feign failed before the mob highlights it for you by pummeling the crap out of you.

3) Resisted spells in general so you know to recast, but it's very helpful to know if slow on a named mob is resisted.

4) Spells wearing off so you know to reapply.

5) I have a warning for resisted spells, but I have a specific warning for Snare and/or Slow getting resisted or wearing off. I use different colours for these resisted messages.

6) I have two triggers that notifiy me when both 3rd spire and CoA robe are available again after cooldown

7) Embalmers Carapace has a maximum HP rune limit of... 1 million hp absorbed? There's a message that says "your skin begins to soften" or *something* like that. Set a trigger because you WANT to know when your invulnerability is about to wear off. Especially if you still have mobs beating on you.

8) Onscreen timers for both Snare and Pestilent Paralysis so you know exactly how much time you have left on either. Really helpful for PP in case you need to re-park the parked mob.

9) Again, triggers for any Root or Snare actually wearing off... in case you aren't paying attention to their timers.

10) Invisibility wearing off FTW. I have a prenerf CoS (which I will have buried in my coffin with me when I die), but it's a random length invisiblity. I have a trigger that pops up in RED BOLD LETTERS that I'm about to become visible again.

Here are a couple of links to other posts on this board.

The first one is in the subscribers' lounge area. If you end up liking your necro, and you want to squeeze out the extra power that we have, you will likely want to subscribe to that area. There are many cool strategies behind the curtain.

http://www.necrotalk.com/showthread.php?t=11577

This next link is a post in the General Chat area. It's nowhere near as verbose as the one in the subscriber's area, but it may help get you started.

http://www.necrotalk.com/showthread.php?t=11631
                Last edited by Hayzeus; 04-03-2014, 04:44 PM. Reason: extra words for clarity

Comment

game text triggers link goes to godady web page

Comment

gina is better anyway
                    https://eq.gimasoft.com/

Comment

Since Photo Bucket decided to be greedy bastages, non of the photos are showing. does anyone have a copy of this that shows the missing information?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X