• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swarm Pet Parses

Army of the Dead

Swarm of Decay

Rise of Bones

To continue with making pet parses available to those curious but not able / willing - I've started on our swarm pets. I'm starting with what I want to find out first (max ranks) and then will do a /resetaa and work from the bottom. The spreadsheet will evolve as I collect data.

*NOTE*
    Our AA swarm pets do not gain any benefit from pet focus. I have ran multiple tests with zero focus, and multiple tests with Enhanced Minion I focus - and the min/max hits for all of our AA pets remain unchanged.

Only Magicians gain benefit to their AA swarm pets if they have worn pet focus.

Both Necromancers and Magicians gain pet focus benefit to spell-based swarm pets (call skeleton swarm)

Rise of Bones (updated 02/28/2010)

Army of the Dead (updated 02/28/2010)

Swarm of Decay (updated 02/28/2010)

As always, the data in the spreadsheets is set as read-only to prevent contamination, but feel free to submit your own (in this thread or PM me) or question mine. Regardless of how accurate I try to be...I make mistakes, and I make them often. I just try to find 'em all and correct them.

This is definately a work in progress - my test server time has plummeted to nothing lately and I'm not yet willing to sacrifice live time for testing yet.
    Last edited by scrat; 02-28-2010, 01:36 PM.
    --Retired, May 2012--
    The
    Edge-
    Walkers

Hey Scrat - what pet focus were you wearing for this? I believe swarm pets (level, mod2s, etc.) are affected by worn foci.

Slowsil
    - 88 Ogre Shaman (box)
    Imaim - 92 Barbarian Warrior (alt)
    Originally posted by encephalitis
    The Fail is strong with this one.

Comment

I wasn't wearing any focus - my pet focus is bagged; I equip only when i summon main pet & shrink. Until I get some gear with type-3 aug slots & a void focus, I'll never wear one because our focus shares slots with improved dodge.

I've been under the impression that only magicians get the benefit of focus impacting swarm pets though.

Easy enough to test though- and I will.
      --Retired, May 2012--
      The
      Edge-
      Walkers

Comment

Looks like the devs read your parses and already did something on test.
        Originally posted by Sklug
        [...]
        Corrected an issue with the last 3 ranks of Army of the Dead AA (Necro) that had removed several melee skills from the newest ranks of swarm pets.
        Corrected an issue with the last 3 ranks of the Swarm of Decay AA (Necro) that was causing the wrong spell to be cast by the NPCs.
        [...]
        update 01/07/09 in testing discussion.
        Zark, Urgl, Nomh

Comment

Originally posted by scrat View Post
          I've been under the impression that only magicians get the benefit of focus impacting swarm pets though.
          I have been under the opposite impression, but I hang out with mages a lot, so maybe that's where I got my impression.

Slowsil
          - 88 Ogre Shaman (box)
          Imaim - 92 Barbarian Warrior (alt)
          Originally posted by encephalitis
          The Fail is strong with this one.

Comment

I just finished up some more testing - to clarify if we get benefit from focus on our swarm pets. We do not - going to add that in the original post.
            --Retired, May 2012--
            The
            Edge-
            Walkers

Comment

SoD @ rk 12 is really less than 200 dps?? That's after they got fixed to cast the right stuff, right? That's abysmal...

It just seems like these should be mini-discs. I guess aotd is close to it at 500 dps, but, I consider that pretty pathetic for a mini disc too, especially when it costs that many aas to max... heh

Comment

Thats why they gave us crazy dot power, the AAs swarm pets are just for show....

Comment

One dev has already stated that we "rely on dots to much".

But the issue is if we get pet boosts or swarm pet boosts mages or bsts cry, thats what happened with CSS and all our main pets, pet buffs, and pet AA. CSS was exactly what WE needed but it turned out to be equal or more powerful to the mage version so it got chopped in half if not more. Just like they refuse to give us a fast casting giant nuke to dump mana into dps once a mob because wiz would cry about it even if it had a long recast and was just there to augment our dots for fast dying mobs.

Comment

My group in PG broke up today right before a named popped. Klik Klak wtfever. Was just me and Bard left the mage was long gone. So I logged my buddies mage in, t6/7/8 gear, em6, lots of pet AA etc. I told the bard I had never played a mage before so expect to die. All I did was pet attack mob, hit malosini AA, and tab to Nec.

One healer merc up

Mob died like a damned orc pawn. Pet never lost aggro or came close to dying. And they, mages, bitch about a swarm pet spell for us being overpowered?

Comment

uh... mage pet can efficiently tank t9 with slow... better than or equal to decently geared group tanks. It's been my experience that this has been true since, at least, sof.

Easiest tank to gear up... is a mage pet

Comment

Originally posted by Vanlor View Post
                        uh... mage pet can efficiently tank t9 with slow... better than or equal to decently geared group tanks. It's been my experience that this has been true since, at least, sof.

Easiest tank to gear up... is a mage pet
                        Oh yeah I know. What I'm saying is that was the very first time I'd ever played a mage. All I did was pet attack, malo, tab to nec. I'm just gload he's been my friend for 11 years and we group together makes shit a lot easier.

Comment

Moved the spell for swarm pets to its own thread and out of the AA section, since AA pets behave differently then the spell summoned ones.

Comment

Working...
                          X