Slot: FACE EAR NECK SHOULDERS BACK RANGE FINGER WAIST
    AC: 5
    HP: +70 MANA: +80
    Avoidance: +10
    Required level of 60.
    WT: 0.0 Size: TINY
    Class: CLR DRU SHM NEC WIZ MAG ENC
    Race: ALL

- the 4 augs listed with this one are Group (not Raid) augs that you can acquire from completing the Hero's Challenge mission in Razorthorn (instance acquired in somewhat randomly in Sverag).

Fixed it! Thanks!
    --Retired, May 2012--
    The
    Edge-
    Walkers

Comment

I'm not sure how relevant these pieces are anymore with the saturation of bazaar bought gear and ts items like dwerium and such, but they were treasures when I got them and may yet serve some well at their min req lvl of 66... plus the quests were just plain fun, took me to zones I may never have visited otherwise, and are easily nec soloable, so here they are:

Crimson Cloak of Moonwaters from the quest Tree Heaven
      and
      Runed Ring of the Nature Spirits from the quest The Orcish Loggers

Scrat edit - - added to library, thanks for the submission!
      Last edited by scrat; 10-25-2008, 07:45 AM. Reason: Library Updated
      Ver's Magelo
      When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than any talent for abstract, positive thinking. --Albert Einstein

Comment

Also, didn't see this mentioned in this thread yet, tho it's well covered here already:

Tinmyn's Oil Can, soloable but for the last 2 cog marauder drops, which is duoable with a wizzy.

Scrat Update - The oil can & the post you specified are already both in use in the "gear" section
        Last edited by Drazzminius; 11-20-2008, 09:57 PM. Reason: Scrat Update
        Ver's Magelo
        When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than any talent for abstract, positive thinking. --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Verlassen View Post
          I'm not sure how relevant these pieces are anymore with the saturation of bazaar bought gear and ts items like dwerium and such, but they were treasures when I got them and may yet serve some well at their min req lvl of 66... plus the quests were just plain fun, took me to zones I may never have visited otherwise, and are easily nec soloable, so here they are:

Crimson Cloak of Moonwaters from the quest Tree Heaven
          and
          Runed Ring of the Nature Spirits from the quest The Orcish Loggers
          I'm not trying to be mean, and maybe these are good because they are much easier to obtain? But the Cloak of the Spirit Hunter and Lorekeeper's Bracelet quests have much better rewards and are also fairly easy to do (bracelets are really easy!).

If these are easier to obtain, then maybe they should be added. If they are not worth the time though, maybe we should just stick to the best of the best for gear slots stat-wise and time-wise?

I believe the oil-can is listed under the gear section already.

Is it possible to get a 'clicky' section up and running? I know that there are numerous threads all over NT about clickies and a few lists here and there, but it would be nice to have some of the more worthwhile ones consolidated into a thread of their own with links to guides like the other threads.

Comment

Oh it's old stuff for sure, I just wasn't sure of the intent of the quested items list... If it's meant to be a comprehensive compilation of quested, nec usable items, then those may have a niche for someone coming up through the levels. The cloak is easily soloable at 66, whereas the spirit tracker cloak is (or at least, was) not, and the ring (finger slot) isn't bad for 66. If the list is meant as a gear up tool for high level folks, or just higher end quested gear in general, then sure, they're old news. And ya the Oil can's already been covered here on the boards, I provided a link in the post to the thread... I was just pointing it out to be added to the quest list, I didnt see it here.
            Ver's Magelo

Comment

On the cloak & ring above - the required level is 5 less than the elder drake cloak or loremasters ring, so they were added. Eventually we'll try to put together a table of contents of sorts, to let players warp to pages for gear in the level range they seek. We'll be using the minimum required levels as the sorting limiter. I know right now it's somewhat un-organized having to scan through the posts - but it will get better!

On the clickies topic...we haven't had enough quest clickies to yet warrant their own topic. However, I realize many pieces of armor also have clicks, and long after the item slot is upraded the click is still carried around in a bag and used. So it's kind of a weird classification...do we call it armor, weapon or clicky? Apparently the logical answer is both.

So - I'm getting ready to open a new topic for quested clickies.

Remember - right now we are just doing quested items, not mob drops. That will come later after the rush of SoD info slows down.
              --Retired, May 2012--
              The
              Edge-
              Walkers

Comment

*Mod edit: added link on Dain3 to this post - thanks!* /scrat

Here is something I wrote up on the 3rd Dain mission if you want to add it. Feel free to break it down to something more concise as I can be somewhat wordy with my writings.

The trick to this one is getting all of the dwarves on the main mob from each wave. Do not mess around and send them out to meet the giants. Sit back at starting point, and let the giants come to you.

You can actually do this with only 4 people if you can manage that part, but 5 or 6 is preferred. Have the extra tank tag the giant "general" from each wave and run him back into the heart of the dwarfs. They will all agro onto him and kill him pretty quickly. Once each general dies, just pick a giant and melee him down until they are all dead. Rinse and repeat 4 times until you are finished.

A couple of pointers on this one:

The giants positively love the Dain in this mission, and will waylay him if he is within range all the time. You can use this to your advantage if you have 2 competent healers, and save almost all of your dwarven allies by keeping the Dain in melee range of as many giants as you can safely handle.

Another trick is to use the off tank to agro the back half of the giants, while the Dain pulls the general and whatever runs with him back to the dwarven camp.

Do not accidentally attack any of the dwarves as they will all agro you.

If the dwarven "general" dies, the rest of the dwarves from that squadron will follow the dain.
                Last edited by scrat; 03-13-2009, 04:43 AM.

Comment

I have updated the class armor & augment topics to include:
                  • New xxx defiant gear
                  • New PoK Vendor for new xxx Defiant non-visible gear
                  • New xxx defiant augments that are tradable
                  • New augments added to Dragonscale Hills Task Merchant Fenden Helter

Be sure to check it out!
                  --Retired, May 2012--
                  The
                  Edge-
                  Walkers

Comment

not sure if just me but orb of duskmold walkthrough under ( quests- Clickies) thread is broken

Comment

Originally posted by Necropolis View Post
                      not sure if just me but orb of duskmold walkthrough under ( quests- Clickies) thread is broken
                      I've fixed the link but it looks like there may be a couple other threads where it's explained more clearly. I'll look more when I'm not posting from my phone.

Comment

Working...
                      X