X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faction Tables

Felicite posted this a long time back:
    Originally posted by Felicite View Post
    I hate having to Google for this when I want it so I repost it all the time so I know where to find it:

Ally = 1450 to 2500
    Warmly = 1100 to 1450
    Kindly = 750 to 1100
    Amiable = 150 to 750
    Indifferent = 0 to 150
    Apprehensive = 0 to -150
    Dubious = -150 to -750
    Threateningly = -750 to -1100
    Ready to Attack = -1100 to -2500
    Is this table still correct? I thought I'd read recently that Ally was 1200?
    Semper Fi,
    ---Drazz
    Mikaal Drazzminius
    Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merge

Necrotalk Admin
    EQ Traders Super Moderator
    EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

I found this at eq.KnowledgePit.org and www.TheRunes.Org. I'm thinking this might be a current table:

Below -801 - scowls at you, ready to attack
    -800 to -501 - views you threateningly (300)
    -500 to -101 - scowls at you dubiously (400)
    -100 to -1 - is apprehensive (100)
    0 to 99 - is indifferent (100)
    100 to 499 - is amiable (500)
    500 to 699 - kindly considers you (200)
    700 to 1099 - views you warmly (400)
    1100+ - you are an ally
    Just wondering if anyone has any idea for sure.
    Semper Fi,
    ---Drazz
    Mikaal Drazzminius

Necrotalk Admin

Comment

I don't know for sure big D - I've seen both of those scales and I don't dare call either wrong. I would put my faith behind Felicite's posting though because it's a bit harsher, and 2500 really rings a bell on max's.

Seems like every time long-term factioning comes into play a new chart is created somewhere, customized to the default starting faction level -->> leading to the common goal.

And with heroic charisma everywhere and the ability for devs to tweak on a per-zone or per-mobtype or per-faction basis on the effect of hCha...things are now lost to us.

SOF daily faction tasks (errand & combats) yield +25 faction points each. For combats, the kills give faction also so they can sort of be viewed as +35 points. Other SOF faction tasks also give +25 points.
      Last edited by scrat; 01-23-2010, 12:37 PM.
      --Retired, May 2012--
      The
      Edge-
      Walkers

Comment

Thread opened. Sorry for the lock!
        Semper Fi,
        ---Drazz
        Mikaal Drazzminius

Necrotalk Admin

Comment

The second table (with ally being 1100+) has always synced up well with me. Back with Katta greenhouse missions (fixed faction quest), I used to estimate how many more quests I'd need for each faction level and the second table aligned well.

Comment

Does anyone know of a formula for how Heroic Cha comes into play?

Does it act as a coefficient for gaining/losing faction?

Does it work with faction quests? Or only kill faction?

Or, is it like regular cha for vendor prices, acting as a modifier when interacting with NPCs only (similar to an alliance spell/song)?

Why is Sony so cryptic about this stuff? I can understand that kind of thing back in like 1999 when the game was still a black box, but it's been pretty well cracked and spoiled.

sigpic Encephalitis
            im in ur head, swelln ur brainz

Comment

Originally posted by encephalitis View Post
              Does anyone know of a formula for how Heroic Cha comes into play?

Does it act as a coefficient for gaining/losing faction?

Does it work with faction quests? Or only kill faction?

Or, is it like regular cha for vendor prices, acting as a modifier when interacting with NPCs only (similar to an alliance spell/song)?

Why is Sony so cryptic about this stuff? I can understand that kind of thing back in like 1999 when the game was still a black box, but it's been pretty well cracked and spoiled.
              I am fairly certain that noone(including devs) has any idea how some of the heroics actually work. *nod*

Comment

From what I've read, various sources ...

Heroic Cha has the chance to double the faction change (gain or loss) when such occurs.

I remember something however, about it only affecting mob kills, NOT quest rewards. This part however, is more speculative than anything else.

Taking those two things into account, I'd expect that since faction mods from mobs are small anyway, the amount of HCha affects the chances of it happening, rather than affecting the magnitude of any one faction change amount. In other words, that if a mob gives 2 faction points, HCha can change that to 4 faction points, odds depending on the amount of HCha you have, but it won't raise it to merely 3 faction points on a "partial".

Comment

Working...
                X