Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VoA - Protect the Arms (Argath #3)

Argath #3: Protect the Arms

Argath #1 and #2 were both cake-walks; long and drawn out for what was returned, but easy. #3, is kicking my @$$. I'm having a hard time seeing how I can get it done solo and I'm not getting any responses to /ooc for pick-up groups to complete it out. Anyone have any strats on how to solo this for someone of my level/AA/gear? Obviously, the main reason I'm pursuing these tasks is to get my Alaran Culture sufficiently high for the AA upgrades.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Drazzminius; 11-27-2011, 03:23 PM.
    Semper Fi,
    ---Drazz
    Mikaal Drazzminius
    Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merge

Necrotalk Admin
    EQ Traders Super Moderator
    EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

You on now ? We can try, it might be possible, but will be pretty tough molo. Have to split the ones from the buddies, then keep pet alive while DPSing.

Comment

This would be very hard to solo. Your best bet is to go in with every single trick (pet DA, embalmer's, your DA x6) and pray to god it dies. Otherwise, you're gonna need some help =(

Comment

Whew...

Glad to hear that I wasn't just getting my @$$ kicked when others were smoking thru.

Wasn't on earlier when you posted, Noobieguy. Due to my wacky play times and durations I'll hopefully catch a group to run thru with. Thanks for the answers everyone!
        Semper Fi,
        ---Drazz
        Mikaal Drazzminius
        Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merge

Necrotalk Admin
        EQ Traders Super Moderator
        EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

Comment

This may be obvious, so apology if it comes off as condenscending - not my intention.

Split up the bad guys by tagging them or a nearby mob and running them almost to the ramp before FD'ing. (I did this at 4am so I was not training folks) This way even if they all start pathing back together or stagger weird, they path differently / take different routes. I would then run ahead and ambush the named as soon as it took a weird turn and was out of agro range, then drag it back. A couple times it took 3-4 tries to get them solo, running fewer and fewer mobs back or PP'ing them out of the way. And you've probably already figured out the assistant or whatever can be snared / rooted. The mobs themselves aren't noticably more difficult than the trash you have to kill.
          --Retired, May 2012--
          The
          Edge-
          Walkers

Comment

Just to chime in here. The first part is annoying but easily doable solo for necro. The named are a bit harder as they are run speed immune and summon. All the other mobs should be pull-able to get the nameds solo. Beating the names could be a bit of a gear check though. I had a host of people wander up when I was doing it so I didn't end up doing it solo so I can't say for certain but 3rd spire should burn them down fast enough if you have t5 healer merc.

I havn't seen you on lately otherwise I'd help.
            Solithan

Comment

Come to think of it... when the zone has 200 people in it, you can solo just about anything without even moving that much

Comment

I moloed this one without pulling to the ramp. I simply cleared the area (and in the case of the one with the assistant, the building) and then killed the namer. Wasn't difficult at all.

Comment

Working...
                X