Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hakatri
    • Jun 2013

Chardok faction and Manisi Herb

So I've come back after eight years, enjoying playing when I find the time, and I decide to start picking away at my epic(1.0) again, and I remember the roadblock I hit back in the day, kinda peculiar, and not sure if anyone else has run into this or not...
    I had a blast doing the quests for chardok (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/qgen/Chardok.html), and I still remember my brain going numb killing all those goblins.

The question now becomes, is there a way around losing my chardok faction in aquiring the manisi herb?
  • DeadLikeMe
    • Aug 2005

The way I had done it back in the day was to have my druid with me. I would dps the mob down to almost nothing, zone to chardok B and use the druid to finish it off.

I think there is a way to reset your faction. I don't remember if it was something you can buy in the marketplace or maybe with loyalty tokens. Not sure if it's still active.

Comment

• Zakor
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by hakatri
      So I've come back after eight years, enjoying playing when I find the time, and I decide to start picking away at my epic(1.0) again, and I remember the roadblock I hit back in the day, kinda peculiar, and not sure if anyone else has run into this or not...
      I had a blast doing the quests for chardok (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/qgen/Chardok.html), and I still remember my brain going numb killing all those goblins.

The question now becomes, is there a way around losing my chardok faction in aquiring the manisi herb?
      Can your pet solo the mobs down there? If so, feign, and just have the pet wipe the mobs out.

Comment

• hakatri
        • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Zakor
        Can your pet solo the mobs down there? If so, feign, and just have the pet wipe the mobs out.
        I'll be damned I didn't even think about this (probably because I've been trying to think a way around it since my earlier levels), I'm sure that shouldn't be a problem for him, I'm hitting 80 this week as a personal benchmark before I get back to the epic.

Even if I have to kick off the fight with a dot or two I'm sure that'll work fine.

For anyone else running into this issue - I was planning on just taking the faction hit, and heading into ChardokB, where I'm told killing there will raise my faction back in A. That's also a route that might work.

Thanks guys, appreciate it!

Comment

• hakatri
          • Jun 2013

Results

So I hit 80, got a couple new AA's (I'm only around 330ish), picked up a cleric merc and strutted down to the herbalist hut in chardok.
          I should have done as directed exactly as Zakor said, however here's how it went -

77 (warrior) Pet (Relamar's Shade) (used latest haste buff, and one of the latest pet damage shield buffs, not being specific as it wasn't really necessary with the merc present).

- First attempt I dotted the PH, feigned, sent pet to do the kill....Faction hit! So, I head into ChardokB just a step away to test my original thought, which was take the hit, then head in and fix it. After only 5 quick kills in CB, I was back to max ally.

- Second attempt, feign first, send in the pet, he will aggro all three mobs in the hut, but barely was hurt (I honestly think he'd have been fine without the merc). No faction hit.

About an hour or so later (Grandy popped 3 times in a row, I couldn't believe it) I had my herb

Thanks again folks!

Comment

• Morgue Ghan
            • May 2013

Congrats

Comment

• Siddar
              • Nov 2004

You can lose Chardok faction killing in Chardok. But you gain Chardok faction by killing in Chardok B. Faction gain rate is rather fast in Chardok B at high level. Chardok B entrance is in same area as Mansi Herb so if faction drops to low head there and kill a few mobs to increase it again.

Comment

• Noobieguy
                UberN00ber
                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Siddar
                You can lose Chardok faction killing in Chardok. But you gain Chardok faction by killing in Chardok B. Faction gain rate is rather fast in Chardok B at high level. Chardok B entrance is in same area as Mansi Herb so if faction drops to low head there and kill a few mobs to increase it again.
                This

From what I recall, bigger faction hits when you kill the boss(es) in Chardok B as well.

Comment

• wraithwalker
                  • Sep 2013

dump 1.0 useless snare
                  do 1.5 prequest do 1.5 then do 2.0 join raiding guild that may help get 2.5
                  otherwise 2.0 8 percent to dot crits makes awesome weapon in right hands.

Comment

• Sumbuh
                    • Oct 2013

there are mobs in a low level zone that has the faction and you can afk and let your pet kill them till you have the faction you need just use zam to look up the factions and find the mobs. I found a camp with three mobs in a triangle that gave the faction in two days of my pet killing them

Comment

Working...