Clearing a Path (deadhills)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearing a Path (deadhills)

Having major problems with this. I dont know why this is so difficult. Fallen Disciples (red skeletons with 2 glowing orbs) are mowing my whole group down in a matter of seconds. They are WAY overpowered it seems, i am so annoyed right now i'm on hour 4 of this fucking HA and have wiped probably 10 times. The fallen disciples cut through my tank merc and my pet in 1 or two rounds before my healer merc can even keep them alive. In additiona, I get close to killing it and it drops aggro and runs to kill all my casters.

Im playing a mage, necro, shaman and druid. All are 93-97. Helaer merc is 97, tank merc is 96. This is driving me crazy why is this so difficult?! This one mob is causing me so much greif. I will try just going around them now. All J5 mercs and pet focus XI on my necro pet.

Also do we have a rest the dead that works on higher level mobs?
    Necro, Bard, Shaman, Mage, Druid Team

I feel kind of stupid and really pissed off. I just spent 6 hours and didnt complete this HA. Mobs were super hard (yellow) and even a single pull could mow through my pets and mercs in 1 or 2 rounds. If healer merc wasnt on top of things they would go down, and mobs were packed so tight it was a huge pain to pull anything. Pulling around corners also meant major LOS and occasional one-shot on me. So after 6 hours of trying to complete this (what i heard was one of the easier ones) HA, I have 0 fucking exp to show for it and 0 marks. Actually more like lost exp on all my characters. This makes me want to quit playing such a waste of time. Am i retarded or are these HAs really hard?

Comment

If you are doing this at lower level 75ish to 90ish, it is quite possible that the mobs are way harder than intended.

Also some mobs in the HAs buff themselves with some super buff, if these are mobs like that, you will find it easier if you dispel the buff.

As a necro you have a number of options on how to kill things. I don't recall this particular mob type so I will list what you could try to beat them.

If they are rootable and do not summon, then split them and then just root rot them.

If they are not rootable and/or they summon. Instead of using mage pet/necro pet/tank merc to tank it. Use swarm pets to do it. Mem at least 3 versions of your necro's swarm pet stuff and keep casting it, and dots, and feign death, until it is dead.

If it isn't snareable and doesn't summon, you can also full speed kite it if you can get it out in the open. Whisperwind can help open distance for you. You should also be leved so you can use changes in terrain elevation to increase the distance to give you time to cast before running back.

Comment

You made the same mistake my brother and I did when we started HAs. We thought Clearing a path was Into the Hills/Scouting ahead, that everyone was talking about. Don't do Russell Cooper's, do Gribble's.

Gribble HA
        Into The Hills
        Scouting Ahead
        Disrupting the Ritual

Russell Cooper's HA
        Clearing a Path
        Excavating an Answer
        The Descending Tower

Those are the easy ones. The EWK ones from Marla Gaslow are easier too. Russells take forever to finish.
        We do have higher level Rest the Dead, but it level caps at the level you get it I think, so yellow conning undead will always be unaffected.
        Last edited by Reccoo; 08-11-2015, 05:47 AM. Reason: Added rest the dead comment

Comment

Originally posted by Reccoo View Post
          You made the same mistake my brother and I did when we started HAs. We thought Clearing a path was Into the Hills/Scouting ahead, that everyone was talking about. Don't do Russell Cooper's, do Gribble's.

Gribble HA
          Into The Hills
          Scouting Ahead
          Disrupting the Ritual

Russell Cooper's HA
          Clearing a Path
          Excavating an Answer
          The Descending Tower

Those are the easy ones. The EWK ones from Marla Gaslow are easier too. Russells take forever to finish.
          We do have higher level Rest the Dead, but it level caps at the level you get it I think, so yellow conning undead will always be unaffected.
          Good info! I am now only doing Gribble when he has a daily. I did one last night and completed it (my toons are now ranging from 100-103) I died ALOT but it was mainly due to getting my pulling strategy down. I think i've started to get it sorted now. I pull with my druid using calm and then ensnare them. However it can go wrong if there is a mob hiding behind a wall, and druids dont have a good "oops i fucked up the pull" button like other more suited pulling classes. Pulling with druid calm + another pulling class is too time consuming as I am alt tabbing. I think the whole HA took me about 3 hours. But now I am learning so thinking the time will come down on that quite a bit I hope. It does take awhile to kill all the mobs, doubt that can reduce that much (probably have to kill what, 30 mobs per HA?)

Thanks!

Comment

If you let your necro just solo/molo it with your other toons in tow it will go faster, it sounds like.

Persistant pestilence one away to split mobs if there are 2, no need to FD or drop agro, you have enough time to kill the one before root breaks on the other. If more than 2 you can target one then turn in the direction you will run PP it then run and target another while running via the extended target window, pivot snare it then run a bit more and then FD.. Death's Effigy if you have it. then stand up and kill the unsnared one, go get the one snared somewhere in the middle, then all that is left is the one that is probably still rooted.

Comment

Working...
            X