is soul orb worth the 120 radiants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is soul orb worth the 120 radiants?

So, I have some plat from selling the 2 wisdom dolls I had. I always heard how great the spell soul orb was, is it worth investing in?
    ~Lylith Bloodrose~
    Level 80 Necromancer
    apprentice researcher, fisherman and pottery

Kind of depends on if/when you plan on getting umbra orb. And if 120 radiants are super easy for you to come by i.e. not wish you had spent them elsewhere for HP.

I like the orbs personally, mostly because the few times I group with folks they are ghetto and need spot heals. And orbs make it easire to go nuts with bloodmagic & other health-caustic things.

They don't get much use - i can go 100 game hours without making a single one (or wishing I had) - and I can make up a bunch and forget to ever use them. But, they are a handy meager thing in unique scenarios.
    --Retired, May 2012--
    The
    Edge-
    Walkers

Comment

I like the spell line comes in handy for spot heals on others but I perfer lifeshards for myself. I usually m ake a ton of lifeshards before the raid hand a few out and save sioem for myself. The spell line orbs are instance casting time so handy for quick a heal when a tap is not possible. As for soul orb depends on how quick you are goign to progress or get the upgrade from DoN progression. Spell line I think is worth it.

Comment

Where's your favorite spot to farm up lifeshards? I typically hit the Overthere & run around chasing succulents - the Worker Sledgemallet makes it easy. I wouldn't mind finding some place more interesting.
        --Retired, May 2012--
        The
        Edge-
        Walkers

Comment

I head to brightfire moors and kill the trees in the middle swamp area. I use the branches for for fletchign practice(293 atm last TS to hit 300 soonish I hope). If you don't need the branches they can be sold in the bazaar for a tidy profit or donated to a guildie. Also loot the tree sap and hearts for cash(make 3-400 each time I load up on lifeshards). I use the plant/animal lifetap to make them not the plant DoT. All trees drop with 1-2 taps.

Comment

I don't find the line of spells particularly useful.

Mobs hit for so much more than these pidly things can heal for, and now they can't even crit, and with a 30 second refresh timer it's mostly just a toy to screw around with.
            Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Comment

I didn't even bother buying umbra orb. Some seem to like it for me it's it's waste of a spell slot in 99.1% cases. Having to remake orbs every time you log on killed the spell line for me more or less.

Comment

usually if theres trash to kill before the main event i try to make ~15, that usually lasts me the night. Some times I use em and other times I forget to. I usually use them on group members if I remember to and the healers are tied up with something else. I also use them when i switch over to blood magic.

nonraid situations the only time I really use them is tap tanking a named. Some necros i talk to use lifeshards....I have never made a single one, lol. Theyre no rent right? Yea I haven't messed around with them. They'd probably help for those tap tanking fights tho too and blood magic and AEs.

Comment

I go to nedaria. There are bears, wolves, frogs, basilisks, snakes, panthers, and griffons. Wish it was more densely populated although I need to med after killing everything anyway. Don't forget to go up to the second level near the zone out to Jagedpine.

Comment

Right outside the gates of Freeport are rats galore. Nuke away and put the Lifeshards in your pocket. Respawns are very fast and it isn't as if you are taking a hunting spot away from the one newb per server.

Comment

I like the spell,it really depends on what your situation is of course,but I've used it on more than a few occasions even at 65......makes for a quick heal,thats targetable......lately ive been in NC at the murk stinger camp,and from time to time (more often then I care for) Darkness gets resisted....now that camp there really isnt much room to run for your life before getting eaten by the nasty bazu behind the rock from that walkway.so when pet agroes a caster...ill use soul orb real quick on pet to buy me about 2 seconds to get a root off or FD.....mob rooted.recst pet,snare dot like mad = exp) I find it usefull.better than potions that are NOT targetable
                      Darkheart

Comment

Or you could get FD aa and snare clicky from time saving you more often in the long run.

Comment

I'm gonna skip it for now. It seems to be very situational and I rarely have to heal anyone. Thinking about it, they can invest in heal pots! lol.
                          ~Lylith Bloodrose~
                          Level 80 Necromancer
                          apprentice researcher, fisherman and pottery

Comment

I got soul orb and never used iirc. I use Umbra Orbs, but I don't ever remember using the soul orbs. Then again I leveled quickly to 70 and by that time Soul Orbs didn't do enough.

Comment

They were a lot more fun when you could perform an exceptional heal with them, but I still use orbs when I'm in a group.

Comment

Working...
                              X