Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shennron's Basic TBL Raid Lineup

Introduction:
    Hello everyone. I am no special person, but I have been asked by a few to post my spell-lineup. I decided not to do it through PMs or guild forums this time as I hate doing things more than once. For starters, I have played and level a necro 5 times. I have raided end game content in every expansion, but I am always learning, either on my own or through fellow necromancers. Anyways, written below is just a spellset guide for raiding necromancers in TBL's expansion. This is also a base guide that can be used to modify spell lineups for different encounters, such as fire immune raids in PoFire or multi-target events like PoSmoke.

Spellsets:
    Base spellset for raids.
    Spell Lineup.JPG
    Base spellset for raids.
    1.1.JPG
    1.2.JPG
    1.3.JPG
    2.1.JPG

Instructions:
    Each spell-set shows the # gem-slot that they are memmed to. The spells I swap for this base spell-set are gems 10-13. Spells that I keep memmed are considered the shorter duration DoTs, and therefore are cast the most often to refresh. The other spell-sets are made so you can mem them 1, 2, or 3 spells at a time, (ie use macros with /memspellset 1.1, /memspellset 1.2, /memspellset 1.3, or you can just mem all 3 at once using /memspellset 1.3). Make hotkeys for each spell set you create and then place them on Hotbars 10 & 11. Create keyboard keys for these new hotkeys you created for hotkey bars 10 & 11 by going to the EQ button > Options > Keys tab > Select Category dropdown menu > Hotbar 10/11. Now you can swap spell-sets with the stroke of a key. I prefer using the Logitech G510s keyboard, as it has 18 separate hotkeys to the left-side of the keyboard. Hide your new Hotbars 10 & 11, as they are no longer needed.

Basic Spell Cast Order:
    Use Mercurial Torment at beginning of encounter.

You will cast your top 3 to 4 wounds spells at the beginning of each encounter that lasts for 3+ minutes. Before you do so, take off your detrimental duration focus earring. You can create a hotkey for your ear slot and place it on a Hotbar for easy access removal. To do so, first take off your earring and place it in a bag. Then you hold left click on the empty earring slot in your inventory window. This will create a hotkey that you will then place on your preferred Hotbar.

Depending on how many necros you have on your raid, and how you have best devised a rotation, use your Malevolent Covenant spell whenever it is up. It takes only 4 ticks from other necros for it to go off.

Depending on the encounter, this is the time to place your Remote Sphere of Blight. Don't use near targets that must be mezzed. This spell is good to cast on refresh, unless you are burning and there is only 1 target. Anymore than 1 target and this should always be used.

Now you will be able to cast spells 1-7. These spells will all be cast together whenever the first one fades. Begin memming spell-set 2.1-2.3 before you reach spell gem 7.

Cast all spells within 2.1-2.3. Begin memming spell-set 3.1-3.3 before you reach spell gem 12.

Cast all spells within 3.1-3.3. Begin memming spell-set 4.1-4.3 before you reach spell gem 12.

(Depending on encounter, you may start Gift of Deathly Resolve, Use Refute for Blood, spell gem 13, to trigger.)

Cast all spells within 4.1-4.3. Begin memming spell-set 2.1-2.3.

Cast spell gem 1, use Bifold Focus prior to cast if you have.

(Continue with Gift of Deathly Resolve, Use Refute for Blood, spell gem 13, to trigger. Start applying other burns in between spell cast, based on duration length, ie use Glyph > Hand of Death >Third Spire > Embalmer's Carapace)

Cast spell gems 2-4.

(Use Refute for Blood, spell gem 13).

Cast spell gems 5-7. All necro burns should be on at this time.

Cast all spells within 2.1-2.3. Begin memming spell-set 1.1-1.3 before you reach spell gem 12.

Cast all spells within 1.1-1.3. Begin memming spell-set 3.1-3.3 before you reach spell gem 12. *Note, make sure all Doom DoTs have triggered from your Wounds spells before casting, and take off earring before reapplying.

Cast all spells within 3.1-3.3. Begin memming spell-set 4.1-4.3.

Cast spells 1-7.

Cast all spells within 4.1-4.3. Begin memming spell-set 2.1-2.3 before you reach spell gem 12.

Cast all spells within 2.1-2.3. Begin memming spell-set 3.1-3.3.

And so on, and so on
    Last edited by Shennron; 01-20-2019, 12:30 AM.

I can only post 5 pictures per post. So here goes.

2.2.JPG
    2.3.JPG
    3.1.JPG
    3.2.JPG
    3.3.JPG
    Last edited by Shennron; 01-20-2019, 12:32 AM.

Comment

4.1.JPG
      4.2.JPG
      4.3.JPG
      5.3.JPG
      6.3.JPG

Comment

6.1.JPG
        6.2.JPG

Comment

Working...
        X