Spell Lineup at 115 for Solo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spell Lineup at 115 for Solo

With the new changes to Necro spells and mana costs, it seems like I'm completely out of mana after one or two kills. My current lineup is something like this: Spells 115 - 2.png I got that from a post at Everquest Forums, but it really seems like I can't keep enough mana. To start a fight, I immediately throw Blood Magic (max'd) to get some free casts (uses my HP, but those are constantly regenerating with Reluctant Benevolence). Once that wears off and I get down to about 75% Mana left, I click Death Bloom to start regenerating at list some of my Mana while casting. By this time, I usually have about 10 minutes until Blood Magic refreshes and only five to reuse Death Bloom, but if I'm doing heavy fighting, the mana just keeps seeping away. Any suggestions? Maybe I should go back to some lower level spells? Thanks!
    Semper Fi,
    ---Drazz
    Mikaal Drazzminius
    Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merge

Necrotalk Admin
    EQ Traders Super Moderator
    EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

Minor tweak, but your most efficient spells will be the ones that haven't been retuned yet. Move Ignite Intellect to your first cast position, and recast it when it runs out. Ignite Intellect rk 2 is actually 3264 mana for 10392 base damage (x 6 hits) or 19.1 dmg per mana (unfocused, not counting mana pres, etc.). Compare that to Pyre of Klraggek rk 2 which is 15958 mana for 15492 base damage (x6 hits) or 5.82 damage/mana. There is the robe 7-9% bonus on Pyre, but still, the efficiency on Ignite is worlds above your retuned DoTs. That DoT plus adding your swarm pet spell into your lineup (I'd replace Leech) gives you ~four-five more cheap chances per mob to proc Gift of Mana (plus swarms are good to have up to deal with adds or to stun mobs 115 or lower).

My cast order on non-wounds (pet tanked) ToV mobs at 114 is basically:
    Ignite, Venom, Pallid Haze, Wretched, Danvid's, Shadow, Blood Nuke, Swarm Pets, Mind Erosion, refresh Ignite (it wears off right about here with Tonic of Efficiency and a raid duration ear). If I get GoMs, they go to Dissident (42s), then Klraggek (30s). Also, if Blood nuke procs, I'll toss on Klraggek or Dissident at that point and click my Anguish BP to get the kill over with quickly. With this order, my Shadow / Danvid's are dropping (so running their full duration) right around the mob death time, and I get 2 each of ignite (maybe 3 depending on mob HP) and both 42s poison spells, so not a lot of wasted ticks on anything but Ignite and swarm pets (which are cheap at ~3k base mana) or anything from a GoM proc (which is free).

If undead, Scourge of Destiny rk. 2 (lvl 108) is also an insanely cheap cast at 1723 mana for 5712 (x8 hits) base damage or 26.5 dmg/mana. If it triggers a GoM, that is still good for Dissident (lvl 106).

I also keep the pet block on my spell bar (in place of Mourgis') if I am moloing to alternate with Aegis AA if I am in T2, fighting named, or the merc is sucking due to lag.
    Last edited by Siluuael; 07-16-2020, 04:10 PM.
    Siluuael - 114 Dark Elf Necromancer (main)
    Slowsil - 99 Ogre Shaman (box)
    Imaim - 100 Barbarian Warrior (alt)
    Originally posted by encephalitis
    The Fail is strong with this one.

Comment

Drazz,

I actually need to correct this. With the same focus (Snowbound) and Focus AA (both 12/13), Ignite Intellect Rk 2 is parsing at a lot less damage than I expected given the raidloot description:
      1: Decrease Current HP by up to 5274 (5.9 HP per 1 Target Mana)
      2: Decrease Current HP by 5118 per tick

This spell routinely parses under even Polybiad Venom Rk 2:
      1: Increase Poison Counter by 20
      2: Decrease Current HP by 8351 per tick
      Text: Your veins are filled with vile venom.

Maybe mobs have a base mana value that is lower than what it takes to max this spell, but group mobs and named are both showing the same lower values relative to most of my lineup.

Siluuael - 114 Dark Elf Necromancer (main)
      Slowsil - 99 Ogre Shaman (box)
      Imaim - 100 Barbarian Warrior (alt)
      Originally posted by encephalitis
      The Fail is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
      X