Anyone here but the echoes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here but the echoes?

EQ has bitten me once more. So... hi. It has been 10 years, give or take. I don't know anything. Is defiant what I want? Is it true you can _buy_ spells now??? Mercs? That's weird. Is there a place to catch up reading all the new stuff at once rather than all scattered? Is there still a game here for me? I just want to kill stuff. Even my damn server is gone!

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1258113

What do I do first from here? Or do I start fresh? I do love my crisi though.

Welcome back! I just came back to the game myself.

I was playing in 99-LDON and then came back for about a year in 2011/2012 then not until this past week.

getting back this time hasn't been has rough as it was coming back the first time.

It is a rough curve.

My best advise is to make some friends who don't mind dumb questions. you will have dumb questions - and that is ok. generally people are cool about things.

Mercs are cool, boxing is cool, soloing is cool, grouping is cool, raids are cool. you can pretty much play it how you like and you'll be ok.

Kiting is very strong, root/rot pretty strong as well.

Swarm-pet tanking was/is new to me, still surprised it works so well.

I'm on bristlebane should you need someone to ask a dumb question - not saying i will have the answer, but happy to help bristle.odii

Comment

I'm probably not the best person to reply to this but..

Defiant is probably the cheapest/easiest option at your level but if you push for 80 you will get some massive upgrades because of the HoT expansion (800+ hp/mana). So that would probably be your best bet, push for 80 with what you got then buy gear or get a group going to get some of it.

I'm pretty sure all spells are buyable basically in their RK.I form? At least from what I remember, it's been a bit.

Mercs are great and get the job done but depending on your playstyle you probably won't need one as a necro until you start pet tanking.

I don't really know of a place that can catch you up, I basically just slowly learned what was new as I went when I played last. I don't see any real reason to start fresh unless you really want to see what's new which might not be a bad thing, maybe just catch up on a new toon then go back to your main once you feel caught up?

Comment

Defiant is best for quite a while, and easy to come by. As stated above, at 80 better gear becomes available, and at 85th you can wear the Tier 1 gear from Veil of Alaris expansion which is often sold in the bazaar and is a huge leap up (it was meant for 95th to 100th level toons). It also has the advantage of being non-prestige, so if one is rolling as a free to play toon for a while, it can still be worn.

Spells up to 75th level (at least) are available in the Plane of Knowledge library at the regular spell vendors.

Mercs are good for 2 things in the world of the soloing necro.
        1-65th level the warrior merc can pretty much power level your toon (at least the Journeyman T1 can). They don't need heals and put out significant damage for the level.

Once the warrior merc becomes unable to PL you, then the cleric merc is there for emergencies or when you need to pet tank (summoning mobs for example). Otherwise keep it suspended since it won't help you kill faster and takes half your xp.

Comment

I would use the cleric merc for spell haste once you upgrade from warrior.

Only non self buff I feel I need.

Feel free to join serverwide.necrotalk:necrotalk. It has a reputation for trolling /flaming but that is mostly gone.

Most days it is just me talking to myself now but I will answer questions if asked.

Comment

Thanks everyone, that is a lot of info. I am pretty overwhelmed looking at it all. All I know for certain is I don't want to raid because of life commitments. And i hate groups because fundamentally people suck

So most the good (bad?) Old trolls have left? That will make for a more quiet game.

Edited to add more questions--
            Upgrading to paid membership... I should be doing this right?
            What is this about houses?
            Pet tanking is relevant again? I mostly kited/root rotted. And tap tanked! I loved tap tanking soloing.
            Are Jeb and Aeg still around?

Edited again--
            And ckador?

Comment

Originally posted by Crisius View Post
              Thanks everyone, that is a lot of info. I am pretty overwhelmed looking at it all. All I know for certain is I don't want to raid because of life commitments. And i hate groups because fundamentally people suck

So most the good (bad?) Old trolls have left? That will make for a more quiet game.

Pet tanking is relevant again? I mostly kited/root rotted. And tap tanked! I loved tap tanking soloing.

Edited again--
              And ckador?
              Trolls stop in from time to time.

Paid section is up to you. Anyone can pay for it so nothing secret is posted there.

Houses are glorified banks that you can decorate.

Pet tanking is very relevant, especially with a cleric merc. But you lose half hp. Tap tanking is doable in raid gear. There is also an AA called Reluctant Benevolence. Which has a 25% chance to proc a group heal on a detrimental spell cast. You can use this to somewhat heal pet/merc/self while casting dots/nukes.

Jeb is long gone and Aeg left over soe bullshit two years back.

Xislaben is still around.

Ckador plays on progression servers but no longer joins the channel.

I would like to add that progression servers may interest you more than live. Currently one month from the kunark vote so plenty of time to catch up.

Comment

Originally posted by Crisius View Post

Edited again--
                And ckador?
                <3'r
                8:;;;;': D~e~e~ >_O

"To the rare Few, who, early in Life have rid Themselves of the Friendship of the Many, this pathetic Post is inscribed"

Comment

Holy shit. Crisius. Like, damn and such. Wut u been up to bae?

-Egg

Comment

Originally posted by Aegrusnecrox View Post
                    Holy shit. Crisius. Like, damn and such. Wut u been up to bae?

-Egg
                    EGG!
                    Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Comment

hey yas!
                      Solithan

Comment

Guess I am back for real now. Dabbled for months but I have terrible impulse control and back to the grind now. It was a crazy week. Levels come faster than spell sets can keep up with. Now I need to research years of content. I miss all the banter in the background, too. Lots of laughs in those days.

Comment

Welcome back

Comment

Thanks. I feel like I have two left feet. And I don't know anyone anymore! Ckador come play with me pls.

Comment

Anddd totally sucked back into the world. I need a mentor, since everyone I know quit! /glares at plague boy or won't play with me /glares at ckador.

Anyone want to adopt a pet project before I throw myself back into raiding?

Comment

Working...
                              X