This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serverwide Necrotalk Channel

There is a chat channel in game that is associated with this board, and many members frequent both. However, please be aware:

-the channel is not owned by necrotalk administration
    -the channel is not subject to the same rules as this board
    -the administration of the channel is completely independent of necrotalk.com's administration

To join the channel, type /join serverwide.necrotalk:necrotalk

At times you will see me as a moderator in the channel, however, again, the channel does not have set rules, I do not own the channel, nor do I care about its moderation. The channel owner has simply extended to me mod abilities as a courtesy, I do not always have them, and I do not wish to use them except in extreme cases (read: spam). I do not always pay attention to the channel, I do not supervise any information shared in the channel, I do not enforce good behaviour in the channel. This is not my job nor my desire in the channel.

Please note that in Everquest chat channels there are no way for moderators to prevent you from being removed from the channel.

The decision to have the channel completely independent from the board is due to several factors. Channel ownership cannot be guaranteed and can change with each patch and server reset. Channel supervision would require 24 hour, 7 day supervisory staff. The moderation commands available in everquest are limited. The necrotalk.com staff already devote a lot of time to board management, any additional demands on their time would be unreasonable.

If you have an issue with regards to posts/moderators on this board, I will be more than happy to help you. If you have an issue with regards to moderators in the channel, you will have to take it up with the current channel owner.
    What I wear over my pink panties
    Lich Mistress of SZ

im not sure if im the only one who has this problem, but whenever i try to connect to the necrotalk serverwide chat channel i get kicked immediately out and EQ says theres an invalid line or code or something ...

some of my friends said that cause im on the Tribunal server i cant connect to serverwide chat channels ... does anyone know if this is true or not ?

Comment

That is true, tribunal's serverwide chat system is totally fucked up, I'm afraid that you are screwed.

-Egg

Comment

How do you perma-leave a channel you have set for auto join? I screwed up trying to join NT and basically created a channel instead of joining NT.
        Retired

Comment

Originally posted by Hanavas View Post
          How do you perma-leave a channel you have set for auto join? I screwed up trying to join NT and basically created a channel instead of joining NT.
          just do it again, every time you do /autojoin it resets what you had before

Comment

I find it much easier to edit my autojoin channels using my ui.ini file. Can just go in there, type them in the order you want or copy/paste move them around or whatever. In your case, you could just delete the channel that you do not want and ctrl + s rather than having to retype your autojoin. This helps a lot if you have say, 8 or so channels on auto like I do

Comment

Thanks Van, going into the ini file was easy. Finding the autojoin channel took a minute but after that it was as easy as highlighting/delete/save.
              Retired

Comment

Curious what the channel is like... Is it like most of the board (helpful and useful info), or more like the inferno.. I like most of the board info

Comment

Originally posted by Noobieguy View Post
                  Curious what the channel is like... Is it like most of the board (helpful and useful info), or more like the inferno.. I like most of the board info
                  about 50/50. i give info and spew like inferno

have people who do both

Comment

I know that you do not own the necrotalk channel but does anyone know what the password changed to? The password is not working now. I tried it three times today, and my autojoin is not working.
                    Level 95 Shadowknight
                    Level 90 Rogue
                    Level 75 Necromancer
                    Altaholic
                    Level 100 Guild Idiot

Comment

Working...
                    X