This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gameplay issues/bugs

If there isn't enough information, for a dev to be able to re-create the bug..I can almost guarentee nothing will happen. Please post as clearly and accurately as you can in this thread. A full explanation of the events surrounding the bug and any other circumstances that you think apply.

Scrat Edit:
    In addition to posting here, which is informing the community - feel free to also go to the official SoE eq forums and send the appropriate developer a detailed private message.

Adding the current list of devs for your PM'ing pleasure:

Systems Team (spells, AA's, items, tradeskills, mercenaries, etc.)
    • Ngreth - lead designer & tradeskills
    • Sklug - lead coder
    • Elidroth - AAs
    • Aristo - spells
    • Chandrok - itemization
    • JChan - coding & UI
    • Zieri - QA & junior dev

Content Team
    • Lord Bob - runs the show
    • Absor - Assistant Lead in charge of Content
    • Normando - general content
    • Roramor - general content

Courtesy eqlive forums http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/po...opic_id=166430

Current Spell Bugs:

Thoughtburn / Ignite Energy series do not stack with other necromancers. You cannot cast the same rank, or different ranks, or different series of the same spell category. This is likely due to the slot-1 Decrease mana and hp by xx per tick.
    Suggestion: Make this a standard magic-based DoT, and lose the fancy decrease mana line. The amount of mana mobs have today compared to how much this spell drains = insignificant. There is no way to drain a mob of mana to prevent them from casting spells.

----

Splurt/Splirt series. Two issues.
    1) DoT extension effects are added to the front of this spell in the form of 0 damage ticks. Considering even vendor-purchased focus is 26%, and we have innate +3 tick focus & potion extensions...this makes splirt a 27-33 tick spell from its 20-tick base. It is absolutely broken that you may have to wait 13 ticks after casting this spell before splirt does its first, minimum point of damage. Prior to the type-3 focus revision during SoD era (which changed dots from being extended after they wear off, to being extended before they start their duration timer), splirt used to provide its maximum last-tick damages for your detrimental extension bonus.

Suggestion: modify splirt so it cannot be extended, and dramatically increase the damage of the ticks so the overall dmg per sec is on par with a 5-tick pyre spell.

2) Like Thoughtburn / Ignite Energy spell series, the splirt series also cannot stack with other necromancers splirt, regardless of rank or which category level of splirt/splurt/splart.

Last edited by scrat; 07-28-2010, 04:11 PM. Reason: Updated with dev list

Rifting sucked, back for more.

oo i know a bug.....start casting a spell and have something make you fd (ie racnors in vesheen peak) after you are made to fd stand right back up and your spell gems will be grayed out for like 10 sec, this has killed me more then once =/
    Deathspeaker Xatrekak
    Don't make me PWN you.

Comment

Iksar ldon adv stone person in Cab and the guy in the Karana's will not give you the text to initiate the adv stone quest.

I know I have mentioned it before and Kyth said to try the npc in CR but I havent had a chance to see if that works, and they should fix the right npc in Cab either way cause 99% of new Iksars out there wont realize they need to go to CR if it even works since that spam they receive when they ding 15 still tells them to go to their home city or the npc in the Karana's... nothing about crecent reach.
      Zandramadass Iksar Necro of Quellious (semi-retired)

Arguing with someone on the internet is like running in the special olympics. It doesn't matter who wins your still retarded!

Message of the day - Zandramadass has removed twitch from his spell book due to his desire to avoid further punishment for others shortcomings.
      Doing more with less since '99

Comment

Speaking of the adventure stone, everytime I zone into the new commonlands zone I get the yellow text. I get it on my 75 nec (that has had his stone since lvl 16 or so), my 59 cleric (who has also had his since 16 or so), and another alt of mine who also had his stone already. This is the only zone that I recieve the message in still, I don't get it if I go back to my home city or CR...

Comment

I forwarded these along..I'm not sure what if anything will come of it, so maybe crescent reach would be the way to go(atleast for now). Thanks for your feedback, keep it coming.

Comment

weird fear kite bug

I had a weird bug too,in the caves of the tundra yetis,when feared they run into the wall and disappear into nothingness and then i lose aggro the dots wear off and i never see them again.

What is happening to them?

Comment

Every time lich (or any illusion) drops my hair graphic changes... i know its not a huge thing but its makin me uuugly. Also I know i'm not the only one experiencing this.
              Velicindar
              D'Pikey
              AB

Comment

Snare problems

I have been grouping with a 68 necro lately who, I am assuming, does not have their OoW snare desecrating darkness so they are still using embracing darkness, lvl 63 PoP snare.

They are able to overwrite my level 74 Coruscating Darkness Rk II.

Most of time happens this way ... I bring a mob back towards camp after a snare resist. I run far enough ahead of the mob so that I can get snare off but like a dutiful group member/necro they had begun casting their snare as well. Well, not even a full tick after my snare has landed, I get the wore off message but the mob is still snared. So I recast my snare which then overwrites theirs.

/boggle

This does not seem right and I do not see anything in Lucy as to why the 63 snare would overwrite the 74.
                And behold, a pale Drogmor.And the rider that sat on it,was Todwelt.And Hell followed with.

Comment

Agress with Todwelt above.

Root wears, on it's own, no message about it wearing off; yet if some1 -even mob- breaks root early then the spell worn off message is there.

Invisibility is wearing off you get messages - Nec AA invis(s) where is the wearing off mesasges? Ya get one that it is down - little late then, but no "you feel yourself starting to appear"
                  --Speaking about invis; we have single target FIXed ITU and yet it gets overwritten by just about any other ITU.

AtD no longer shows what level is being cast at; ala Ldr AA's; just says soandso casts <army of the dead>. Could we get the AA level input back into the casting code>? Haven't checked SoD but possibily same issue there.

Ok enough for now...
                  Last edited by Osimillarion; 08-30-2007, 07:24 PM.
                  I am just a figment of your imagnation.
                  You have a great imagination

Comment

Originally posted by Todwelt View Post
                    I have been grouping with a 68 necro lately who, I am assuming, does not have their OoW snare desecrating darkness so they are still using embracing darkness, lvl 63 PoP snare.

They are able to overwrite my level 74 Coruscating Darkness Rk II.

Most of time happens this way ... I bring a mob back towards camp after a snare resist. I run far enough ahead of the mob so that I can get snare off but like a dutiful group member/necro they had begun casting their snare as well. Well, not even a full tick after my snare has landed, I get the wore off message but the mob is still snared. So I recast my snare which then overwrites theirs.

/boggle

This does not seem right and I do not see anything in Lucy as to why the 63 snare would overwrite the 74.
                    Maybe he has the time clicky and a better det duration item? Maybe the longer duration of the two will win in the stacking code.
                    Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Comment

They have never been to time nor done a time raid that I am aware of I should note that I have known this player for over a year and they just started a necro recently .... I have Hanvar's belt (Belt of the Stagnant)which *should* be better than anything the level 68 necro could get their hands on? /shrug
                      And behold, a pale Drogmor.And the rider that sat on it,was Todwelt.And Hell followed with.

Comment

Hrm maybe this is by design. I can see cases where it would definitely be useful. Now if only SK snare could overwrite necro snare like ours can overwrite theirs that'd be even nicer.
                        Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Comment

Originally posted by Xislaben View Post
                          Hrm maybe this is by design. I can see cases where it would definitely be useful. Now if only SK snare could overwrite necro snare like ours can overwrite theirs that'd be even nicer.
                          Snare fight!! ;p
                          I am just a figment of your imagnation.
                          You have a great imagination

Comment

Originally posted by Todwelt View Post
                            They have never been to time nor done a time raid that I am aware of I should note that I have known this player for over a year and they just started a necro recently .... I have Hanvar's belt (Belt of the Stagnant)which *should* be better than anything the level 68 necro could get their hands on? /shrug
                            Perhaps not with degradation of your foci. I'm not really sure what's available tbh, people don't complain about gear much anymore. They know it's a lost cause!..unless it's jerxlaben! ::sadface::.

I've asked if this is intentional..it's a "prathun issue" (tm), so I'll try to catch him on beta and see if I can get his attention there(anyone else there could do that too!).

Comment

Honestly, I like that Embracing Darkness overwrites other snares. That way I can use the PoT snare stick to resnare a mob that another necro (or me) has already snared before the snare wears off. You want to be able to overwrite existing snares or else you'll have to hope that the other snarer does not forget to resnare.

Sivas

Comment

Working...
                              X