Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New AA "request"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    AA id like to see.

    I'd like the ability to open a window that just has my dots showing on a raid boss. or at least filter out everyone else's in the window we already have.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Sumbuh View Post
      I'd like the ability to open a window that just has my dots showing on a raid boss. or at least filter out everyone else's in the window we already have.
      under options in game you can filter out others damage. this includes spells and melee.

      Comment


      • #18
        I have an idea for an AA that I got from the message from Embrace the Decay. An upgraded version or separate line that once it cures you, you turn the affliction into increased dps. You embrace the disease within your body making it your own. Have not thought much on what type of boost it would be. Perhaps an increase to the base damage of your dots for x time, overcrit, something. Lots left to be figured out , but I think its a good concept. Looking for some input to finish it up.

        Comment


        • #19
          embrace

          That's a funky idea Kez, I like it!

          Comment


          • #20
            Could make Embrace Decay cure and then get a 2 minute buff that is a 1 charge 100% spell reflect.

            Also, that pet heal over time AA (blessing something?) heals for nothing now and does not receive any focus. A suggestion would be to put some sort of heal mod like increase healing by 50% on the buff while it is up.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Kezik View Post
              I have an idea for an AA that I got from the message from Embrace the Decay. An upgraded version or separate line that once it cures you, you turn the affliction into increased dps. You embrace the disease within your body making it your own. Have not thought much on what type of boost it would be. Perhaps an increase to the base damage of your dots for x time, overcrit, something. Lots left to be figured out , but I think its a good concept. Looking for some input to finish it up.
              the only way i could see them doing this is if it did X amount of damage per Counter cured, then they would have to make a buff for each 1- max amount of counters that would ADD that X + Z(counters) DD to the next detrimental spell casted, this would probably also have stacking issues with MR, RB, druid auras. =/ but it is something to really work around

              the other option i could see is it proccing another Chaotic Power(X) for amount of counters removed

              Comment


              • #22
                Fairly newbie necro here, but a couple ideas I had. More experienced necros can feel free to tell me they're awful :P


                Quick and painful: Passive: Makes your swift dots insta cast (or very fast, like 0.5 seconds). Could be one or multiple ranks.

                Gift of swift resolve: Same mechanics as gift of deathly resolve, but instead works only on nukes and swift dots, not long dots. Same resuse timer as gift of deathly resolve and linked with it as well.



                My ideas come as a grouping necro who finds it frustrating that even our "fast" dps spells are still too slow for your average group. If we could cast our swifts faster it would at least feel less annoying and perhaps we could actually get both ticks off once and awhile.

                The second idea is again based on frustration in decent groups. Named mobs die so fast you can't even get dps rolling. If you could instead twin your swifts (now casting faster thanks to first AA!) and nukes, at least you could make some sort of dent on really short burns.
                Last edited by zalamyr; 03-29-2014, 05:23 AM.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by zalamyr View Post
                  Quick and painful: Makes your swift dots insta cast (or very fast, like 0.5 seconds). Could be one or multiple ranks.

                  Gift of swift resolve: Same mechanics as gift of deathly resolve, but instead works only on nukes and swift dots, not long dots. Same resuse timer as gift of deathly resolve and linked with it as well.
                  These are in fact good ideas. I have thought of them myself but was holding back.

                  The first idea I am not sure how they would code. Quick Damage (passive) effects DD spells only, and it reduce the base spell cast times. Worn and spell hastes can only reduce spell cast times up to 50% as they are applied after you begin casting the spell. Your proposed AA would have to be a passive that only effects spells with a duration of 12 seconds and reduce the cast times by a minimum of 1.5 seconds. I believe the spell haste would still further reduce the cast time at this point but I am not sure. Also, the necro Quick Damage is I think different than the wiz, mage, druid Quick damage. We get a set amount decrease per AA rank and they get a % decrease.

                  The second idea I would like to tie in with Gift of Deathly Resolve. If they are going to be on the same timer like you want, why split them up into 2 AAs? Just give Gift of Deathly Resolve a new rank in the AA window. When the AA is cast you can have 2 buffs in your spell window, one for the normal DD-DoT combo twincast and the other for 100% DD and Swift DoT twincast.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I was wrong. Spell and worn haste will not take affect after passive haste if the spell is already hasted up to and past 50%.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      how about a aa that gives us back where we were before nerfing us back to hott days

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        We should be able to create weapons and armor out of bones and pieces of corpses!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Jona View Post
                          We should be able to create weapons and armor out of bones and pieces of corpses!
                          if only we could do it from our "flesh to bones" aa

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X