Strange login attempts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange login attempts

I have received a few emails recently of users being warned someone else is trying to log in to their account from a Russian domain. I just wanted to give a heads up, there is nothing we can do from our side on this. Just make sure your password is secure! Thanks.
    Enjoy Necrotalk 2.0!
    Help support Necrotalk.com and +++Become a SUBSCRIBER today!

Thanks for the heads up Umbrello. But is this pertaining to EQ game accounts, or necrotalk forum accounts?

Comment

I haven't been on here for a long while now... but i am getting these messages as well

Its from the necrotalk.com saying someone has tried to log into your account on this website. Same thing a Russian based IP got 2 notices one each day so far.

Seems like someone is trying to bruteforce passwords.

Comment

Originally posted by Alakhai View Post
        I haven't been on here for a long while now... but i am getting these messages as well

Its from the necrotalk.com saying someone has tried to log into your account on this website. Same thing a Russian based IP got 2 notices one each day so far.

Seems like someone is trying to bruteforce passwords.
        Thanks, at least now I know it's for here. Seems strange no? Why a class forum board...

Comment

This is odd, an EQ private server I play on sometimes also had a recent post about someone bruteforcing accouts.

This is the post on the forum, September 15th.

I've been getting messages from our members here about the same IP Address 188.143.232.144 attempting to brute force accounts to gain entry.

They only have 5 attempts to do this before being locked out, so as long as your password isn't something incredibly ridiculous like 'password' which I'm sure the forum software shouldn't even allow, you should be good to go.

Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it, make sure your password is complex and decent length (8 characters or more) containing at least one capital and other non-letter characters.

Comment

Yep, same IP here. I've gotten three emails now.

Good luck asshole. The Sun will expand and collide with the Earth before you brute force my password.
            cazic.arkaron
            veteran crew
            get ye flask!

Comment

Originally posted by Arkaron View Post
              Yep, same IP here. I've gotten three emails now.

Good luck asshole. The Sun will expand and collide with the Earth before you brute force my password.
              12345?
              Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Comment

i just got the same e-mail and the ip is 188.143.235.118 from St Petersburg Russia.

Comment

I've had the same email, originating from a different host, but the same ISP: 188.143.235.81

Comes from St.Petersberg in Russia.

Caminaara Lovecraft.
                  Cazic-Thule Server.

Comment

Been about 5 years since I played EQ Missing the days when I played a Froglock Necromancer .

Looks like someone is trying to hack into the accounts of people with accounts on this forum. Changed password to something significantly more challenging for them (not that it was weak).

Good luck with brute forcing that, sucker.

Dear corvardus,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Necrotalk.com with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 188.143.234.14

All the best,
                    Necrotalk.com

Comment

OK it got worse, now i'm getting messages from people every day saying this is happening. I have blocked 188.143.235.* hopefully this helps. Please let me know if you are getting new attempts at a different IP after this. Lets hope it is some poor spammer dude who cant or doesnt know how to use proxy/vpn (crosses fingers).
                      Enjoy Necrotalk 2.0!
                      Help support Necrotalk.com and +++Become a SUBSCRIBER today!

Comment

Multiple failed attempts from 188.143.234.6 this morning, which would fall outside that ip block.

A quick web search shows that ip is attempting brute force cracks and sql injections in multiple places.

Comment

X

i keep getting emails saying i owe money
                          i know i dont my acct is auto

Comment

Working...
                          X