Announcements or Topics?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcements or Topics?

I have been trying to make announcements (visible on the top of your page when viewing any forum category) for special everquest events to make sure everybody that browses here is aware of things.

What is your opinion on how effective these announcements are? Do you notice them (there's one active right now)? Or do you think a new topic under the News forums would catch your attention more?
    Use the Announcement feature - it works. I notice them.
    66.67%
    Create a new topic in the News section. I dont notice the announcements.
    33.33%

The poll is expired.

--Retired, May 2012--
    The
    Edge-
    Walkers

Originally posted by scrat View Post
    I have been trying to make announcements (visible on the top of your page when viewing any forum category) for special everquest events to make sure everybody that browses here is aware of things.

What is your opinion on how effective these announcements are? Do you notice them (there's one active right now)? Or do you think a new topic under the News forums would catch your attention more?
    If the announcements appeared at the top of the homepage it would make a huge difference imo. Higher up on the page (like below "home user cp members register calendar FAQ" area) would probably make it more visible as well. I'd wager that a decent number of people come here, check for new posts, see none, and leave. OR people come here, click on the one updated post and it takes them to the end of that thread (or their last read post) so they never see the top of the page after leaving the homepage anyway.

p.s. Oh yeah, and they don't appear at the top of the page while IN a thread either so you have to actually physically click into a forum in order to see them (I often don't even do this myself).
    Last edited by Vanlor; 09-02-2011, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanlor View Post
      If the announcements appeared at the top of the homepage it would make a huge difference imo. Higher up on the page (like below "home user cp members register calendar FAQ" area) would probably make it more visible as well. I'd wager that a decent number of people come here, check for new posts, see none, and leave. OR people come here, click on the one updated post and it takes them to the end of that thread (or their last read post) so they never see the top of the page after leaving the homepage anyway.

p.s. Oh yeah, and they don't appear at the top of the page while IN a thread either so you have to actually physically click into a forum in order to see them (I often don't even do this myself).
      bad troll BAD

Comment

Originally posted by Vanlor View Post

I like this idea. I could probably do something like this.
        Enjoy Necrotalk 2.0!
        Help support Necrotalk.com and +++Become a SUBSCRIBER today!

Comment

Working...
        X