/sigh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• /sigh

Well, just thought I would throw out a small rant about a rather "confused necro" I have met on the CT server. Was grouped with her and a few others in BoT the other night, didn't really feel like kiting. I noticed she was not in Skelly or Spectre form, so just figured she clicked it off cause she didn't like the illusion.

Well then i see her loading up probably 4 or so DoTs per mob, and pulling aggro almost every time, resulting in her getting pounded on till the MT could pull it back. This was the first hint I got about her "confusion" NOT ONCE DID SHE USE FD while loading the mob up with her highest damage DoTs. On top of this, she is nuking the mob 2-3 times per fight, along with casting Mind Wrack on everything she could. Now we had no healer, had a well geared Sk in the group, so he could heal himself, and rarely had to anyways, so I had no idea why she was MWing. This resulted in her running OOM every 2, maybe 3 fights if she was lucky, and having to med through the next few fights.

I then find out why she has no illusion, and its not because she doesn't like it. She soon says that her K.E.I. wore off, could she get another? That was a big red flag in my book. This necro was severely "confused". So some time goes by, I grab a few AAs and head out.

A few days later, I go to HoH to grind out some more AAs. She shows up, and starts pulling my mobs. I kindly let her know that this area is taken, so she invites me into her group. I figure, "eh, why not" and accept the invite. At this point I am level 70, and she is 68, so our spells do not differ much. Normally I kite 2, maybe 3 at a time depending on the spacing, and whats popped already. I continue pulling in this fashion, figuring she would load a couple DoTs on them and send pet. Nope, she decides to pull her own mobs. She ends up with two of em, and I finish off all 3 of mine, and have to help with hers then. She then sits, sayin she is OOM. AFTER TWO MOBS!. Now, i have a decent mana pool for my level, about 8500 or so, but i take maybe 14% of my mana to kite a mob, if i'm sitting while the mob is after me. So essentially i could kite 10 or so mobs depending on how often my specialization checks. I notice again, she is not in illusion, but this time just assume she isn't liching and continue with my kills.

About 20 minutes go by, and she decides she has to go, and this is a snippet as to why she does.....

She then disbands and gates.

HOW IN THE HELL DID SHE GET TO 68 LIKE THIS? Has the game really become this easy? Do i really have to add a necro to a blacklist of people I will no longer group with?
    Lithanial's Magelo

being max level used to mean something, it hardly does anymore. more often then not i am checking their guild tag before i send an invite nowadays
    MAVEN | NECRO | 85 | LUCLIN

Comment

Ugh...those still exist .

That is sad, but I suppose it's inevitable. I still can't imagine gating because buffs are gone...I've never even seen a cleric do that when losing C...

Comment

you see. thats when i pull out the big ..!.. and train them. they bitch. and no one listens to them in general chat because i just did what everyone wanted to.
        Girls are like monkeys and guys are like branches, and they won't let go of one without another in grabbing range. - Exopal.

Comment

Only time I get anything other than self-buffs anymore is when I accidentally gate (read as 'respawn') in the Guild Lobby and get rezz'd. I've seen the same type of thing with peeps that feel like they HAVE to head to PoK or something to redo their Tem or such because it dropped...

Remember when there weren't any books and only boats/runs? That's when levels meant something, IMHO.
          Semper Fi,
          ---Drazz
          Mikaal Drazzminius
          Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merge

Necrotalk Admin
          EQ Traders Super Moderator
          EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

Comment

Same here Drazz...ill usually only grab a Teme or something if im checking out a new place, someplace that i know will eat me alive if i get hit once, the extra HP just helps get a FD off...but to need anything other than self buffs at 68 in HoH is just rediculous. As well as asking for a KEI when our 64 Lich is far, far better.
            Lithanial's Magelo

Comment

honestly, before i ever start soloing, I almost ALWAYS click off all buffs except self buffs. I dont like to do things that I can't handle only self buffed so when they would wear off I dont have to find a new camp or go get new buffs.

Comment

I know.. I am retarded

Comment

/agree
                  Girls are like monkeys and guys are like branches, and they won't let go of one without another in grabbing range. - Exopal.

Comment

Against my better judgement, I'll actually reply..even with a little thought thrown in.

Really, I think the problem is this. Noone cares anymore. EQ isn't hard anymore. Some may say it never was..but it definetly has never been so easy. EQ used to be difficult enough that people would actually have to know what they were doing to progress. You can 'suck' and still move forward through this game now, and it's a shame.

You posted screenshots with you asking questions, but you didn't inform/educate him/her. I realize it's not your job to, it might not even be your place to..but, anyone that is that lost, would probably appreciate a little help. Just because we're forced to dress like wizard and mages doesn't mean we get played the same way. KEI at 68 is a joke. At 45 I think it's better, mathematically then lich..although I'm not sure you can even do that anymore(I'm out of touch with low level restrictions).

As for the OP. I'd like to suggest that you might want to clue the necro in. if you have a hard time doing it, perhaps direct him/her here. I'm sure there's enough information to get her corrected..if they asked questions here..they'll get answered, nicely..even if I have to suspend aegrusnecrox for a week or 3!

I glanced at your magelo..Get an actual shield and ditch the mage blade. While you're doing your DODH for dreadpyre, get the shoulder from undershore and ditch the hotzone shoulder from BoT. There's a few other things you can do to help your avoidance and hp/mana pools, but..you didn't ask, and I'm tired of volunteering.

We can all improve..I talk to necros about parsing at least weekly to see if I can't squeeze out 30-50 more dps. Sometimes it even works.

Rifting sucked, back for more.

Comment

Wtf! I always answer questions posted in the correct sections fully and accurately!

I'm sometimes even nice about it!

Damn lizards slandering me /grumble

-Egg

P.S. This person sounds very much like a certain cleric in my guild. Ask her if she has a cleric on Maelin Starpyre. It wouldn't surprise me at all if she did.

Comment

I can't count the number of people I point here. It boggles my mind that people aren't inquisitive enough to search out a place like this for answers by themselves. I can't count the number of necs that don't do a number of different things in the best or obviously better way. I know I have a hellova lot of things I don't know or do perfectly but I am at least making an effort to learn them. That, or I am too lazy to apply some of them =p

Just a couple of weeks ago I see a nec in fucking crystallos without an epic in hand... I just about flipped shit. I inquired surprisingly nicely and privatively in /t and it turns out his excuse was that he was in a low pop guild that had died and was basically too lazy. I was like WTF. JFC the 1.5 quest is easier than crystallos access... I mean, just, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

p.s. I even eqplayered the guy, iirc he had better straight stats than me, with WAY more time played. I just, just, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

p.s.s. The grrrs, they are basically sensors. I know this is the inferno, but yea.

Last add. I just had to look this guy up to be certain. 572 days played, over 2500 aas. How, exactly, do you play that much and not even have a 1.5? how?

Comment

Originally posted by vanlor View Post
                          Last add. I just had to look this guy up to be certain. 572 days played, over 2500 aas. How, exactly, do you play that much and not even have a 1.5? how?
                          ebay?
                          Semper Fi,
                          ---Drazz
                          Mikaal Drazzminius
                          Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merge

Necrotalk Admin
                          EQ Traders Super Moderator
                          EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

Comment

500days played, unless a bazaar bot..you could probably fuck up enough and just have people help you out of pity, and wind up 1.5'd or 2.0'd. 500days/2500aa's is probably in the top 20% of playtime/exp toons in the game.

I had a cleric go off and yell at my bot cleric when he found out that the cleric was 75 w/o his 1.0.(or aa for rezzes). He shut up quickly enough when I sent him a tell from jebasiz, saying that I didn't create a cleric to rez hapless noobs in the lobby..there's plenty of idiots like you for that. I don't die..the cleric doesn't die..ohh and fuck off. To which i got some whiney and appologetic reply. Whatever, fuck you again pal(in the off chance you read this).

That type of situation where the necro was the bot/mana-battery for an underperforming cleric main, could explain the lack of 1.5/2.0, that'd be about it though(for explanations). My cleric was designed and built up solely to ch and PR me, that's all he's good for, and thus it's all he does. He'll fizzle 4 mana bars(he's around 12-13k mana) trying to temerity me..I usually give up long before he or my pet gets buffed. As long as Jeb is buffed, I don't care.

Rifting sucked, back for more.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebasiz View Post
                              500days played, unless a bazaar bot..you could probably fuck up enough and just have people help you out of pity, and wind up 1.5'd or 2.0'd. 500days/2500aa's is probably in the top 20% of playtime/exp toons in the game.
                              You're really assuming that every single necro is going to try to get their epic. I would agree that every one should, but that's far from reality. It doesn't matter how long you've played, if you have no interest in it then you won't get it, even if it's practically given to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X