• Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha i have done that so many times
    Deathspeaker Xatrekak
    Don't make me PWN you.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilnecro View Post
      there are no alt necros that i have met that know anything about the class.
      i bet ya a dollar i know more than you do and my alt is a necro :P

half the necros that still play eq have no idea of the hardships of the kunark expansion. when necros truely were mana batteries. i can't tell you how retarded it was to be one of the most feared classes in pvp at lvl 60, but have nothing to do but feed wizards and clerics mana when raiding mobs like VS or dragons and such.

it sucks to be a mana battery because its so out of the realm of what necros do best...dps dps dps. dots are the most mana efficent ways to do damage....and if that wasn't enough, we get the lich line to limit downtime. to be reduced to a mana feeding class is insulting and boring. after a few months of kunark i rerolled a monk and never looked back :P

nowadays its different, no real need for such a tiny mana surge spell. i mem both subversions along with mindflay if a buffing class dies and get them rolling on rebuffing. with the new ooc rest its not even worth messing with 90% of the time unless at a critical area in a dungeon crawl or such.
      Grand Occultist Dismal

Comment

If Im grouping its normally along the linesof

Cleric
        monk
        bst
        ranger
        wizard
        me

Or something like that.... normally the mobs are dying very fast... I can get 1 dot, and a nuke, and if I have time I will toss in a MW every 2 or 3 mobs. I think there is a fairly large difference between twitch and MW/MF especially in an exp grp but I normally solo so not sure:P

Comment

Dismal, it's different for you, your main might not be a necro now, but you had a necro as your main at one point, and that's the difference between you and everybody else who has an alt necro.

I admit, my first character was NOT a necro. I made a necro as an alt to pass the time when I had trouble finding groups. My first main became a sac bot, and the necro became my main. When you got fed up with the velious/kunark end game as a necro, you didn't forget what a necro could do. Most people who have necro alts, who've never played them as a main at anypoint in their gaming experience, will never fully realize their potential, because if they did, the necro would be their main IMO. I think that's the point Lilnecro was trying to make.

If electricity come from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Comment

I remember what it was like being a necro in kunark and velious, and luclin..and, and, and, and..saying that you're more knowledgeable then a main when you lacked the ability/desire to stick with a class during some rough times..doesn't exactly fill your post with a whole lot of veracity. At least not for me.

Our class has changed a lot..just because you knew it well 5 years ago doesn't mean you know it well now. You might..but it's not because you played a necro main during kunark. There's no effective "measurement" for in game knowledge..and really there's probably so few that care that this argument is pathetic..but for most people playing necro alts..they know jack shit about how our class really works. They're largely inefficient at dotting, take longer to kill just about anything and die more often then any well-played main, regardless of gear/aa differences.

You might consider yourself an exception..there are a few. For the most part(and I RARELY say this), I agree with lilnecro..alt necros suck. They're the ones on beta boards requesting twitch upgrades. That's about all I need to see..

Rifting sucked, back for more.

Comment

Pfft! I rolled an alt necro after watching Raiguy (shraklor) continuously KS an entire group by accident (so he says *smirk) I was so impressed by his play that my 74 beastlord became my alt and buff bitch. I'm still learning the class and know I have a lot to learn and I don't think I'll ever twitch anyone, ever. Hell, I didn't even bother buying the spells after reading all the complaining here on these boards. Someone said that a good player will play any class well and a bad player will play none of them well. It more depends on the person than the class.

Comment

what server are you on Marnik?
                Girls are like monkeys and guys are like branches, and they won't let go of one without another in grabbing range. - Exopal.

Comment

Tribunal...was guilded with Raiguy in TDS...until the inevitable guild drama tore it apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebasiz View Post
                    I remember what it was like being a necro in kunark and velious, and luclin..and, and, and, and..saying that you're more knowledgeable then a main when you lacked the ability/desire to stick with a class during some rough times..doesn't exactly fill your post with a whole lot of veracity. At least not for me.

Our class has changed a lot..just because you knew it well 5 years ago doesn't mean you know it well now. You might..but it's not because you played a necro main during kunark. There's no effective "measurement" for in game knowledge..and really there's probably so few that care that this argument is pathetic..but for most people playing necro alts..they know jack shit about how our class really works. They're largely inefficient at dotting, take longer to kill just about anything and die more often then any well-played main, regardless of gear/aa differences.

You might consider yourself an exception..there are a few. For the most part(and I RARELY say this), I agree with lilnecro..alt necros suck. They're the ones on beta boards requesting twitch upgrades. That's about all I need to see..
                    my first main was a necro, and to question my "staying power" with the necro class is a little silly. i played on vallon zek and after being a serious force in pvp and pve being reduced to a raiding mana bot/corpse summoner i'd think you would change your view. melee's in kunark were godly in pvp, monks specifically (thats what i remade as a twink and found fun in the game again.) not only could i tank, i could out dps a necro, and be probably the scariest class in pvp at the time.

i was responding to a few posts above about being a mana battery and how different classes abused them around that era. plus i wanted to tease lilnecro some after reading his "how do you respond to this" thread :P
                    Grand Occultist Dismal

Comment

This is Jeb's "How would you respond to this" thread...

Lilnecro's is the "Would you ban someone for this" thread

and monk's are still badass in pvp, seems like it hasn't changed much since Kunark pvp wise, either that or it's gone full circle.

If electricity come from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Comment

Staying power..I don't care. You said you know necros better then mains because you played one as a main during kunark. That's absurd. You might know the class better then some mains(that's not saying much nowadays)..but that's independent of the knowledge you had from when you were a necromancer main...the game was much simpler back then. I had a warrior and shaman back during original release..I don't pretend to know those classes better then mains do now just because I tanked the frenzied ghoul at level 45.

Rifting sucked, back for more.

Comment

holy moly...pvp was seriously changed since kunark lol. you used to be able to resists snares/roots etc fairly regularly with 150ish magic resists. during velious, they decided to mess with the resist system...well that changed things totally. EVERYONE was getting snared and rooted, it was chaos. a few patches later it kinda worked itself out, but still couldn't be "comfortable" with your resists like you could before hand.

planes of power...lol, well that was the deal breaker for myself and most of the hardcore pvpers on vallon zek. gear was getting out of hand, as were the spells. you didn't need to use mana burn now, the spells were that rough lol. (even with the pvp damage reduction for large spells) same goes for the gear, heck you could twink a character out with gear almost as good as velious raid gear.

monks were awesome in pvp, but they have weaknesses. bards for example, no one can kill them! lol, they always selo away. rangers are nasty, can run almost directly away and keep on firing their bow. clerics with their damn stun hammers when they first came out were nasty. it was hard to kill a raid geared cleric then.

all classes have their ups and downs in pvp, i quit eq for a while when pop came out for other games. came back a few years later and saw the zeks merged and re rolled on cazic.

ehh sorry for the rant, tired.
                          Grand Occultist Dismal

Comment

Originally posted by Jebasiz View Post
                            Staying power..I don't care. You said you know necros better then mains because you played one as a main during kunark. That's absurd. You might know the class better then some mains(that's not saying much nowadays)..but that's independent of the knowledge you had from when you were a necromancer main...the game was much simpler back then. I had a warrior and shaman back during original release..I don't pretend to know those classes better then mains do now just because I tanked the frenzied ghoul at level 45.
                            you obviously weren't reading the posts i was replying to before lilnecro's. i made a simple comment that i bet i know more than he does about necros to tease him. no where did i say i am the all knowing alt necro, but now that you mention it i'm sure i know more than alot of main necros these days. i didn't say i know necros better than mains BECAUSE i played one in kunark. that is absurd....you wrote that lol. re-read what i posted and the thread where my replies came from before you go jumping to conclusions. don't put words in my mouth please.

i tanked frenzied with my necro in lower guk, i'm super awesome! there now you can go make some silly flame

edit: i just re read my posts to make sure i'm not losing it lol, and i have no idea where you have come to this conclusion. i stated my dislike for mana feeding spells and how its not needed now compared to back in kunark times. start quoting posts
                            Last edited by Dismal; 10-05-2007, 03:48 PM.
                            Grand Occultist Dismal

Comment

me starting a thread that has nothing to do with this one is grounds for making fun of me when i am actually trying to be serious? and actually try to care about people?

hmmmm
                              Girls are like monkeys and guys are like branches, and they won't let go of one without another in grabbing range. - Exopal.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilnecro View Post
                                me starting a thread that has nothing to do with this one is grounds for making fun of me when i am actually trying to be serious? and actually try to care about people?

hmmmm
                                try harder.

ie...try not to be a dickhole to people that have recently suffered a loss whether you think its funny or not.
                                Grand Occultist Dismal

Comment

Working...
                                X