X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My reply:

FAIL.

//

I have been anti-twitch for years as my Necromancer, and I am a damn good healer now because of it. If they really really really really need mana they can have wrack or some variation of it and if that isn't good enough they can blow a goat.

I also wrote suggestive and/or rude emotes when I would twitch people (I was guilded with Ckador ages ago) but this backfired somewhat on the guys, because Arkaron's a chiksar (I switched over to quoting from Deliverance and that seemed to fix the problem). The female drama whore clerics/druids however, did not like it one bit! lol
    cazic.arkaron
    veteran crew
    get ye flask!

Comment

Originally posted by Mortticia Addams View Post
      I just received a tell from a fellow necro on prexus(Vandiilo) asking me to do a /feedback to Sony to ask for better twitching. Please do not tell me this guy is in beta pushing for this shit. I thought I remember once reading that thye kinda regret putting twitchign in and will never upgrade this piece of garbage.
      I simply told him I don't believe in twitching and then ignored him. Is there a spray programme we could start so this infestation doesn't spread or neuter(sp?) them or something?
      Gah, gouge out his eyes!!!

I'm gonna send feedback to kill twitch dead, like a fly in a spider web! a hollowed out husk! lmao.
      ~Lylith Bloodrose~
      Level 80 Necromancer
      apprentice researcher, fisherman and pottery

Comment

Girls are like monkeys and guys are like branches, and they won't let go of one without another in grabbing range. - Exopal.

Comment

How would I respond to that PM? By inventing an AIDS chainsaw and hitting lilnecro in the face with it.

-Egg

Comment

you are just happy that im going to be on maelin pal!
            Girls are like monkeys and guys are like branches, and they won't let go of one without another in grabbing range. - Exopal.

Comment

You are?

Seems like everyone is sorta gravitating to maelin, luclin or ab. They should just merge servers, imo.

Rifting sucked, back for more.

Comment

Until they burnout or come back from a break and move to another server...seems like the flow is continuous heh.

Comment

I got a request from a ranger for a twitch one day. I puked in my mouth a little. Twitching is way down on my list of favorite things about the necro class.
                  Photobucket

Comment

Are you seriously a Frog Necro?

I wish i could shoot you through the screen.

That was the worst idea EQ ever came up with

Comment

LoL, yes he is...and be nice...the frog flips rule

Comment

frogs that i run over in my truck are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Azerdain View Post
                          I got a request from a ranger for a twitch one day. I puked in my mouth a little. Twitching is way down on my list of favorite things about the necro class.
                          Did you tell him that you never twitch anymore? You could also go a bit further and tell him that even when 'twitching' was acceptable, it was only for people/classes that actually mattered/counted(read: rangers need not apply).

Comment

Shaman asked for a twitch once. I thought he was kidding. So I asked him to keep hots on me since I couldn't quite outregen my lich.

Sure enough, I was getting hot'd at 99%...

Comment

At least he listened? To bad he failed math class. Canni is better then lich and has been for a while. Well..MAYBE if you find a necro that is NEVER full mana, lich might be better..

Comment

Ok, I didn't read the entire thread, but I'd like to throw something out there. In the posts that I read, no one mentioned our ability to refill our mana incredibly fast through lich. Sometimes, we necros take for granted our abilities to regen mana so quickly. I always get a laugh when I see other group members reporting "40m" or "lom" after a fight, and then I report "80m" or "fm" after only 30 seconds of downtime. And I have my HP regen high enough (as I'm sure most other necros do as well) that I don't lose HP while using lich. This changes the whole name of the game. In my experience, while not in a fight, I have been able to cast twitch on a group member, med while the re-cast timer goes, and by the time I can cast it again, I have regained the mana used to cast the spell in the first place. In this case, I don't mind being a mana battery at all since twitching someone else (for example, the group's cleric during downtime if the cleric needs to med) isn't really costing me any mana at all.

Say my group just got done killing multiple mobs one after another, and the cleric says "LoM". So, pulling is on hold until the cleric has enough mana to heal the tank again. I'm more than happy to twitch that cleric during the downtime in order to reduce said downtime. Less downtime = more kills = more exp for me! And when the cleric is ready to start healing again, I still have greater than 95% of my mana.

Now, usually I do this out of choice. No other group has expected this of me, I just take it upon myself to try and reduce the downtime. I am especially happy to do this after I have used my Lesson of the Devoted, since I wanna kill as much as possible during those 30 minutes. If my twitching can keep the group killing, then I'm happy to do it.

There's only been a few isolated instances when my "job" was to be a mana battery to a cleric. And in those cases, I was bored as hell and thought my mana could be used for much better purposes (like dps). But there are occasions when I'm grateful that I have those abilities, and the group is usually grateful as well.

It's things like this that make the necro class so great. We have great dps in a group (through pet, DoT's, and the occasional DD), our solo abilities are almost unmatched, we can heal in emergencies, decrease downtime through twitching, keep ourselves alive through lifetaps (and also saving the cleric's mana by not having to heal us), save a group from a wipe (using FD, then burning an essence emerald to rez the cleric), and the list goes on. How many other classes are this versatile? From both playing a necro as my main, and grouping with necros on my alts, I think necros are one of (if not THE) most powerful (and underestimated) classes in the game. We could have so much more to complain about (think about those poor warriors who are forced to fight in groups their entire existence!). Complaining about being a mana battery is just whining. Be thankful you have the abilities you do, because we all know how much complaining would go on if SoE decided to take away some of our abilities.

Comment

Working...
                                X