Necrotalk - Home Support Necrotalk!  

Home UserCP Members Register Calendar FAQ
Learn how you can support Necrotalk.com today!

Go Back   Necrotalk.com > The Pub > Everquest Next

Old 07-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #1
Umbrello
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Umbrello
Exclamation The Newst EQ MMO: Everquest Next

Are you excited about the next evolution in the EQ Franchise? Everquest Next is in the works and slated for release sometime in 2013! A preview is coming on August 2nd. Sony Online Entertainment claims this will be the largest sandbox MMO ever. They hype is big with the highest hype ratings on MMORPG.com. But we all know in the MMO world hype isnt everything. There is not a ton of information out there, what have you heard? Any interesting details to share?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 27574.jpg (56.9 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg 27572.jpg (36.0 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 27573.jpg (88.1 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 27582.jpg (55.4 KB, 40 views)
Old 07-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #2
Morgue Ghan

I'll definitely try EQN, but I highly doubt I'd ever stay, unless it was so close to EQ1's gameplay. I tried EQ2 about a year ago, and I just couldn't stand/get into it. From what I read, they don't want another EQ1, or 2, they want to do something completely different as to draw in a new crowd of gamers. Which makes me think it will be completely opposite of what I want.

I enjoy how EQ1 is, only thing I'd want would be updated graphics, combat/spellcasting animations. Also to slow the game down, by reducing the number of actions (buttons) required to play the game. Kinda like how it used to be back in the day. You had time to bullshit, an fuck around in the game.

Now, like someone said on the official forums, my UI, and buttons/abilities resembles something like running NORAD. It's just too busy for my tastes, although I'm used to it. I just wish things were consolidated. Also would like them to get away from putting emotes required for group progression. Leave that for raid mechanics, not casual group play.

I jump on EQ to relax, and get away from RL for a few hours. I don't want to have to concentrate too hard, just to play a game, otherwise it feels like a job. Even though it looks/sounds like allot of negatives. I really do love my EQ. Hope it's around another 10 years. LOL, hell, hope I'm around another 10 haha
Morgue Ghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Log-in to remove Ads)
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #3
Jebasiz
Administrator, Community Leader, Former Necromancer Correspondent...Nt complaint Department.

No raid content, console-type playability, graphics that..erm, suck? No levels, stat-less gear..did I say no raid content? I want to like EQN, I just can't.

Rifting sucked, back for more.
Jebasiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #4
Vivamort
Mod - Retired Necro

It is a video game... ratchet and clank... no thank you. I am sure it will do well, I am not sure EQ1 players like me are the market though.

Old 09-01-2013, 06:56 AM   #5
Jebasiz
Administrator, Community Leader, Former Necromancer Correspondent...Nt complaint Department.

Makes me wonder. They could've just dressed up EQ and started over with lore, and had a successful game for a long time, again. Everyone trying to reinvent the wheel..they always come out round, and they all spin about the same.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #6
Morgue Ghan

More released EQNext character models, dark elves imo look too similar to Avatar. Dwarves are so cartoony (is that even a word? lol), but ya the more I see, the more I don't like.

http://imgur.com/a/WwrYG
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #7
Morgue Ghan

Ok, this actually seemed pretty cool. The parkour animations are really good. Can imagine how crazy it will look when you have your whole raid running around doing all these flips, spins, jumps, slides haha Holy Lag Batman!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJNPCGVR7Zs

Last edited by Morgue Ghan; 09-02-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #8
Jebasiz

I've ran through my share of jungles and deserts, and never done anything like that. Is that how "adventurers" move now?

Looks like a gimmick, lots of flash, where's the substance?

Advertisement

Old 09-20-2013, 10:25 PM   #9
Morgue Ghan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebasiz View Post
I've ran through my share of jungles and deserts, and never done anything like that. Is that how "adventurers" move now?

Looks like a gimmick, lots of flash, where's the substance?
Ya, it will wind up "getting old, fast" with constant movement animations like that. Initially tho, it did kind of look cool.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:56 PM   #10
Zynt

I'm glad I saw this before I dropped money on Founder's Packs.
Zynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement