Necrotalk - Home Support Necrotalk!  

Home UserCP Members Register Calendar FAQ
Learn how you can support Necrotalk.com today!

Go Back   Necrotalk.com > The Pub > General Chat

Old 08-12-2010, 04:05 PM   #1
scrat
Super Admin

Default Old Man McKenzie no longer offers xp in September

Heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngreth
We have decided not to give Old Man McKenzie a sabbatical, but changes will be coming to what he does.

The major issue we have is that he gives a HUGE amount of reward, both in experience and items for absolutely zero risk except possibly a small amount of wasted time if you somehow manage to fail.

A smaller issue is people not learning how to play their own class, but this is only a small issue in our opinion, and probably not widely prevalent. We are sure it happens sometimes, but it is not the majority of the cases.

So, in the September patch, we will remove ALL experience rewards from the missions that Old Man McKenzie offers. We may bring the experience back in a modified form in the future, including requiring that you actually participate to gain the experience, but that particular point is still under discussion

This will leave the monster missions as no risk way of gaining high value items. We continue to have no plans to raise that amount of brews given. If you think the item is valuable enough, then you will need to repeat the mission enough times to get the item. We still consider it too easy to get these items, even with the requirement to grind for a while to get some of them.
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/po...opic_id=167272
Edge-
Walkers
scrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:41 PM   #2
Quasit

Hrm, anyone have any good ideas for good xp reward tasks/ missions to bank for HoT release?

Old 08-12-2010, 06:40 PM   #3
Aiyee

PG group task is like 3.5aa as a reward at max aa, bank 10 of those.
Aiyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:14 PM   #4
Graveka_Prexus
12 years and counting!

Thank god, I hate omm's. Nuke him into oblivion!
Graveka_Prexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Log-in to remove Ads)
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2010, 08:32 PM   #5
AneXus
Test Server Junkie

I hate OMM's too, but I don't think they need to nerf him quite that much. Wouldn't tuning the xp gained down to about a 1/4 what it is, have the same affect of stopping ppl from farming him for xp. I mean ppl act like sitting around looking to do OMM"s is something evil, I can remember when there were ppl that did nothing more than sit there a do dains all day long for less gear choices and less xp.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:15 AM   #6
Morbidor

Reading the post on the eq forums, people say they solo these missions in 10-15 minutes. How do they do this? Best I can do is about 40 minutes in lguk if I dont go afk. So they want to nerf the experience... eh so what. 2 AAs or 8% lvl 81 exp for 40 minutes wasnt very good anyways. Although when lotd worked on these tasks, it was pretty sweet.

I'm just happy there not taking him out of the game altogether. That way when I upgrade all the group gear I bought from him I can buy an aug or two. = )
Morbidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2010, 09:37 AM   #7
Havelock

Quote:
Originally Posted by AneXus View Post
I hate OMM's too, but I don't think they need to nerf him quite that much. Wouldn't tuning the xp gained down to about a 1/4 what it is, have the same affect of stopping ppl from farming him for xp. I mean ppl act like sitting around looking to do OMM"s is something evil, I can remember when there were ppl that did nothing more than sit there a do dains all day long for less gear choices and less xp.
The origional plan was to remove him altogether. So I guess removing the exp is slightly better than that! At least now Brews will not become another useless currency!
Havelock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:04 PM   #8
Noobieguy
UberN00ber

Are they still planning on taking away the EXP from the MMs? Not the best way to get EXP if you can solo well (Necro FTW!), but soloing with a gimp group geared cleric and merc is no fun at all, and I can get some decent EXP through the MMs to make my toon not so gimp

Edit: Oops, guess I should have said "moloing" with cleric and merc..

Old 09-20-2010, 06:57 PM   #9
Osgoode

They're planning to just nerf the OMMs, but honestly I don't see anyone doing any of the other MMs since these give rewards too good to be true. And my opinion of nerfing the OMMs only makes my alts unhappy. Getting 7+ AAs per OMM was truly an awesome thing that sure beat normal soloing/grouping by a long shot. Osgoode just Ping'd 1850 and has almost all of the AAs he sees are required for endgame content.
Osgoode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:03 PM   #10
Soulcrates
Subscriber+

I dont they will, if they were going to in Sept it would of been done by now. Unless they do it when HoT goes live.

I really dont understand why either, i am at 85, and 1400 AA's and i only get 2.7 AAs per mission, not that big of a deal, and will be less when i am over 1500.

I just do them to help lower level guildies to level up and get decent gear together. Its a big spike of XP in the 70's, and AA is nice up to about level 80 i say leave it alone. Plus the gear aint going to be that good, once UF goes farm, and HoT is live.

Sc.
Soulcrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement