Necrotalk - Home Support Necrotalk!  

Home UserCP Members Register Calendar FAQ
Learn how you can support Necrotalk.com today!

Go Back   Necrotalk.com > The Boneyard > Hunting Grounds > Dark Lord Rising

Old 07-10-2007, 07:07 AM   #1
Viko

Default Solo AA xp, what lvl is the sweet spot?

I play a necro as an alt, something fun to do since my main is mostly maxed. I was considering getting up to 75 asap, and then working aa, but because I want to solo I realized stopping for AA earlier may be better.

Based on a full knowledge of spells+exp spots, what lvl would be best to stop and work AA? I know atiki is a good place, but could I solo there efficiently at lvl 70?

Also, at lvl 75 what spell setups do most people use on atiki mobs?

thanks in advance
Viko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:16 PM   #2
Todwelt

With the changes that were implemented to the AA system in TSS, there is no real "sweet spot" for earning AA's anymore. There are some like Death Peace AA, Mnemonic Retention, Run 5, and the Critical Affliction line that you should get as they become available to help earn AA's faster.

At 75, I stand by the fire+poison lineup for Atiki mobs.

And remember the following trick for dealing with Malo/Tash ... wish I could remember who gave this tidbit on here .... put up three to four junk buffs/clickies, finish off your normal self buff lineup then open up the first buff slot. This gives Malo/Tash a slot to land in and then after the fight or when you feel the need ... Annul yourself to get rid of Malo/Tash. I know it works for Malo and afaik, it should work with tash.
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2007, 05:10 PM   #3
encephalitis

Default Sweet spots do exist

Long time beastlord (played 3 to 65+) short time necro (only been 65 for a week or so).

I can't comment much on necro "sweet spots" for aaxp, but I will say, that with the rennovations SoE made to the aaxp system, I have found that at 65, my necro can net between 2-4 aa points per Lesson of the Devoted (or potion charge) while soloing yellows and reds (about 2.5 minutes per kill). He has around 7khp with Tenacity, and about 6.5k mana, and only about 36aa thusfar, so YMMV.

I would say find a level range below 70 that is comfortable for you. Level 70 is the balance point that aaxp gain rate is centered on, so past that, unless your killing efficiency while solo'ing yellows and reds spikes dramatically after 70 (I wouldn't know yet).

What I will say is that at 70+ I think most people do Nest instances or something similar, which is a PITA (or darned expensive if on FV) as you always have to find 2 other toons to begin the mission. My necro aaxp grounds are easy to get to, and require no outside assistance at all.

That's why I'm gun-shy to move on from 65. I will someday, but probably not until I'm in the 500aa range. I'm in no hurry to be the highest level, as I can't devote time to level grinding, and remember the arduous journey from 65 to 70 all-too-well to want to embark upon it once more.

Again, I don't know necros past 65. What I can say, is that my soloing grounds on my beastlord shrank dramatically between 66-70, and at 70+ were almost completely gone unless I wanted ultra-boring, highly-inefficient places to solo like GE, or just ultra-boring places like WoS.

As a side note, I've loved every minute spent on my necro, and will probably never go back to a beastlord as my main.

NECRO POWAH.

Edit: Also, I agree with the above post that there are some aa's you should get immediately, regardless of whether you intend to stay at your current level to aa grind for a little while or not. Those are (in the order I would recommend): Run 3, SCM 3, Critical Affliction 3, Death Peace, Run 5, Theft of Life 3 (or more), Regen 3.

Last edited by encephalitis; 07-10-2007 at 05:31 PM.
encephalitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:14 PM   #4
Felicite
Queen Bitch

Send a message via AIM to Felicite

Quote:
Originally Posted by encephalitis View Post
What I will say is that at 70+ I think most people do Nest instances or something similar, which is a PITA (or darned expensive if on FV) as you always have to find 2 other toons to begin the mission. My necro aaxp grounds are easy to get to, and require no outside assistance at all.
FV Represent.

As I understand teh AA change.. you can earn AAXP (and therefor AA points) at pretty much any level at pretty much the same rate I enjoyed at 70 back in DoDH?

It would seem to me there might be some good times at Grieg's End and some other Luclin or older spots (Chardok springs to mind) with much lower hit point mobs. Especially once you got Seduction of Saryrn, a PoP pet and some DoTs. Do Hot Spots apply to AAXP (I am thinking no.. but I am old)?

Maximum level you could get spells for was always my manta. (FV made that easy =p) I dunno.

Most of the posters here were max level way before this became an option.. or haven't farmed 1000+ AA (I said most!). So.. maybe you will write the ultimate leveling guide.
Felicite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Log-in to remove Ads)
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2007, 07:37 PM   #5
Viko

So where do you solo 2-4 aa per lesson at at 65?

As far as GE, it used to be an insane exp spot, but its not hot anymore... Most of the higher mobs turn LB at lvl 61-62 so I wouldnt think that would be a super efficient place, especially without access to higher AA's.

Exactly how good is 69.1 ? Can it be done at lvl 65 or is 70 the most efficient?
Old 07-10-2007, 07:50 PM   #6
Aaeeldar

Plane of Fire ftw.
Aaeeldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2007, 08:27 PM   #7
Viko

Dont have access to fire
Old 07-10-2007, 09:06 PM   #8
Torvail Daylarone

Icefall leopards will yield about 2-3 Lesson AA. But at 71 you can do Atiiki or Thalassius for the same AA, bout 2-3 per lesson.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:40 AM   #9
encephalitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torvail Daylarone View Post
Icefall leopards will yield about 2-3 Lesson AA. But at 71 you can do Atiiki or Thalassius for the same AA, bout 2-3 per lesson.
As I said, there are probably spots outside DoN that a proficient necro can easily get what I'm getting per lesson. But, I will say, you have a wider variety of "lower hit point mobs" which will be DB to Yellow/Low Red con at level 65 than at 71.

Again, most of my experience on this comes from the beastlord world where the solo horizon drops off into an abyss of nothingness if you're a casual gamer with gear from more than a couple expansions ago. My favorite grind haunts as my beast are PoP (when solo) because they fit the character's abilities, and there is a plethora of DB mobs with relatively few HP as compared to OOW/GoD/PoR/TSS etc.

My necro solo's about 10x more efficiently than my beastlord, and can easily handle things I could never do with my bst, so take that with a grain of salt.

What I'm saying is this. You'll gain AA points extremely fast at 65, and it will make the death march to 70 or 75 much easier to take care of some of the biggies (such as SCM and Crit Affliction).
encephalitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:58 AM   #10
Schaeffer
Ancient

i can see where it would get more difficult for a melee to solo since they have to deal with the increased amount of dps and hp's that higher mobs have. Necro's don't have the limitation of having to get hit. The other limitation mentioned was increased HP's. Since necro DPS correlates to spells and increased level = higher spell dps, for us lower level mobs do not necessarily = faster aa xp. Like was mentioned before the only aa's worth stopping for are the ones in which will help you kill faster: run 5, mneumonic retention, death peace aa, and crit affliction. All the other aa's won't help you kill faster than higher lvl spells as a necro, bottom line, period the end.

If electricity come from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Last edited by Schaeffer; 07-11-2007 at 02:26 PM.
Schaeffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement