Necrotalk - Home Support Necrotalk!  

Home UserCP Members Register Calendar FAQ
Learn how you can support Necrotalk.com today!

Go Back   Necrotalk.com > The Boneyard > Necromancer Guild

Old 07-16-2007, 10:40 PM   #11
Xislaben
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughman View Post
Love it! I will use it a lot!

I do think you are running into an overflow when file size is greater than something around 15-16Mb. I was getting Error 6 failures, until I cut the logs up to less than that size. I checked every section after cutting and it worked, once below that file size.
I hope to have this fixed tonight, by changing all integer variables to long variables, much bigger range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughman View Post
As a feature request, on the All Damage Detail page, how hard would it be to show the Number of times each spell was cast? The other half of DPS for us is mana efficiency, which is mostly related to the number of times you cast the spells. Just a thought.

Loketh on Prexus.
That shouldn't be a problem. I was going to do something similar for pet attacks, but I may even break it down into the various forms of attacking, like your standard kick/hit/bash/slice etc, but pet procs are considered a 'hit' and can skew the numbers.

One thing I dislike about the spell dps number though, it's a total spell dmg/event time, which is great and all, but if the dot only ran for 50% of the event, it's going to have a much lower dps than if it ran the entire time. So I may add both a total dps and a situational dps (dot dmg/time dot ran like ticks*6), if that's not too confusing. I don't have a good naming convention for it that makes sense intuitively.

edit:
Well that's not entirely true! I can parse the number of times a spell is cast, but if you are dotting two mobs at the same time I may not be able to associate the cast with the mob. There's also the case of your casting being interrupted etc. # of ticks of damage should be easier, but in the mentioned case the number of casts themselves may not be all that useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanlor View Post
Is there an option or setting somewhere that you can change to get multiple log files? Every time I tur log on in game it just keeps adding to 1 single file... which is getting rather large. I thought that on my previous computer I had a seperate log for each session that I /log on when I was messing around with yalp but don't remember for sure.
Not that I know of in EQ.
I physically rename log files for each event I take part in, so I don't have many large log files to test with, which is why that log size bug is there heh.

Last edited by Xislaben; 07-16-2007 at 11:47 PM.
Xislaben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:53 PM   #12
Viko

Very nice, thank you for this contribution. I was looking for something that did this and this is the best one ive found so far.

One thing that might be easy to add, is to take the # of times each dot is cast * known mana cost and divide the amount of damage by that..

Lets say a pyre spell does 30k, cast 5 times, 1000 mana each, that would give 6dmg/mana

Im not sure how specialization works along with focii, but at least this would give a general efficiency? (obviously spikey depending on crits)

thanks!
Viko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Log-in to remove Ads)
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2007, 02:48 AM   #13
Xislaben
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viko View Post
Very nice, thank you for this contribution. I was looking for something that did this and this is the best one ive found so far.

One thing that might be easy to add, is to take the # of times each dot is cast * known mana cost and divide the amount of damage by that..

Lets say a pyre spell does 30k, cast 5 times, 1000 mana each, that would give 6dmg/mana

Im not sure how specialization works along with focii, but at least this would give a general efficiency? (obviously spikey depending on crits)

thanks!
Ya good idea, I'll do that tomorrow maybe.

As of now it's updated with extra info on the all damage page.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:06 PM   #14
Felicite
Queen Bitch

Send a message via AIM to Felicite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xislaben View Post
I physically rename log files for each event I take part in, so I don't have many large log files to test with, which is why that log size bug is there heh.
Sorry, Noam.. I used to have Felicite's entire life logged in friendly 200-400MB chunks. I would remember to rename them every few months.

Now that would be a good test.. *nods* And it would be like a free subscription to "Penthouse Letters".

But seriously, thank you for sharing your parser with the community, you are a class act. Tad grumpy, but class.
Felicite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Log-in to remove Ads)
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2007, 07:09 PM   #15
Vanlor
Dots up on EVERY TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xislaben View Post
Not that I know of in EQ.
I mean, right now I have only one log file and every time I turn /log on it just adds to that log file. In order to get seperate files or sessions do you always have to split off of the main one? If so how exactly do I go about that? Cut/paste in notepad?

On my old pc I swear each time I turned /log on it created a new session, rather than just ading to the first one.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:22 PM   #16
Zeller TP

Quote:
I mean, right now I have only one log file and every time I turn /log on it just adds to that log file. In order to get seperate files or sessions do you always have to split off of the main one? If so how exactly do I go about that? Cut/paste in notepad?

On my old pc I swear each time I turned /log on it created a new session, rather than just ading to the first one.
What I used to do (not sure it still works), is rename the current log file and then add it to a ZIP file. I'd change ZIP files too, when they got big enough. I'd usually manage to put a month's worth of log into a single ZIP.

If EQ didn't see a current log file, it would just start a new one.
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2007, 12:39 AM   #17
scrat
Super Admin

Every week or so I will simply add todays date behind the current eqlog_imoloch.txt file to read eqlog_imoloch7-17.txt. As already said, doing this makes the game think you have no log, so the next logging attempt it auto-creates eqlog_imoloch.txt. Additionally, when I'm parsing something specific as when I was doing each rank of zombies I added ZO1, ZO2, etc after every logfile for fast easy access.

And Xis - thanks bud! It takes it a little bit to load up a 2-3Mb log but it does a nice job and isn't having problems. I really like your tabs for tick damage & name of spells. Thanks even more for sharing it!
Edge-
Walkers
scrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:11 AM   #18
Meph

Awsome job on the dot ticks Xis and being able to see how dot tics with coa BP are compared to usual ones.

Any chance you could make the stuff sortable by oher critera. Like dot tics from worse to best, fight drutions from shortest to longerst etc? Would really make it perfect. That and larger log files being parsable.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:33 AM   #19
Xislaben
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicite View Post
Sorry, Noam.. I used to have Felicite's entire life logged in friendly 200-400MB chunks. I would remember to rename them every few months.

Now that would be a good test.. *nods* And it would be like a free subscription to "Penthouse Letters".

But seriously, thank you for sharing your parser with the community, you are a class act. Tad grumpy, but class.
My RAM would hate you for a 200 meg log file! Grumpy? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph View Post
Awsome job on the dot ticks Xis and being able to see how dot tics with coa BP are compared to usual ones.

Any chance you could make the stuff sortable by oher critera. Like dot tics from worse to best, fight drutions from shortest to longerst etc? Would really make it perfect. That and larger log files being parsable.
Yeah sorting is on my list of things to do, it's not native to the control so I'd have to write something for it.

It *should* work for larger log files now, but I don't have any myself to test that fail, so I either need one sent to me or I need to rely on reports on how beta version 10 handles them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrat View Post
And Xis - thanks bud! It takes it a little bit to load up a 2-3Mb log but it does a nice job and isn't having problems. I really like your tabs for tick damage & name of spells. Thanks even more for sharing it!
I plan on adding like a progress bar or something to let you know how close it is to completing processing.

Quote:

I just add to the end of each log file the date and a letter for the events that day and the mob name, like this:

From
eqlog_Xislaben_maelin.txt

To
eqlog_Xislaben_maelin07162007e_SolterisEvent2.txt
eqlog_Xislaben_maelin07162007d_SolterisEvent2.txt
eqlog_Xislaben_maelin07162007c_SolterisEvent2.txt
eqlog_Xislaben_maelin07162007b_SolterisEvent2.txt
eqlog_Xislaben_maelin07162007a_SolterisEvent2.txt

You don't have to even open the file to do it, just stop the log, rename, and restart whenever.

also, don't use notepad, its slow as balls. Use a real text editor out there like EditPlus 2.

Last edited by Xislaben; 07-18-2007 at 02:36 AM.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:17 AM   #20
Vanlor
Dots up on EVERY TIME!

Ah, ok.

Um, what if I don't want to pay $30 after the first 30 days? Are you... suggesting I pirate? lol