Scythe of Eternal Ice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scythe of Eternal Ice

Was looking on allakhazam for anything worth while and found Scythe of Eternal Ice. It's only 1k and was wondering if anyone thinks it would be any good for my lv.5nec pet.

It has a reccomended lv of 35
    Charisma+5 Int+6 Hp+20 Mana+20 SV Poision +9 and it has a nice proc

You would do better to find the nearest large hole in the ground and drop it in it. Or give 1kpp to the nearest noob who asks for it...once you log for more than 30 minutes your pet goes pop and so does the scythe. But if pp is not an issue go for it.
    Grand Occultist Ecol Lye

80 Necromancer dealin' on The Seventh Hammer
    und keine eier...

Comment

honestly just get a rusty 2 hander until your pet hits lvl 10 (at that lvl should be your pet spell around that lvl) then find a mage or trader who has a fist of whatever its called... procs at lvl 10 for a nice bit of dmg, and has decent stats. Worse case it would run ya about 10pp, so get a few and some other summoned gear for now. Full suite of phantom plate, a girdle or belt, a muzzle, a fist, an elemental defender, and if you want a full set of summoned focus items (minus the 2 bracers unless you dont give the pet the plate bracers) should give you a really nice pet ready to tank your foes.

Comment

There are a number of tricks to keep a pet for quite a long time, but it's probably not worth it.

Edit - And I'm not sure if our pets can equip sk only weapons.
        Deathspeaker Dranul Lovebunny
        70 Wraith of Reminiscence
        Mithaniel Marr...now Saryrn
        WARNING: The makers of Dranul Lovebunny cannot be held responsible for brains eaten during use.

Comment

Originally posted by Dranul@Dec 13 2005, 06:11 PM
          There are a number of tricks to keep a pet for quite a long time, but it's probably not worth it.
          Once I've got a pet that is all decked out, I usually just park in the Bazaar when I'm not actively playing, so I get to keep DaBoner for the next time I'm on. Well, I park him there when I'm not in Iraq, LOL.

:blink:
          Semper Fi,
          ---Drazz
          Mikaal Drazzminius
          Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merge

Necrotalk Admin
          EQ Traders Super Moderator
          EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

Comment

I've had this discussion a few times with folks in various threads.

If the goal is to equip your pet to the utmost he can handle, there's a guide at http://www.necrotalk.com/index.php?showtopic=852&st=60. It's one of the sticky threads atop this forum. On page five, I list a full set of equipment you can give your pet, if the desire is to make him into a mob blender. Most times, this is overkill, but if you need everything he can give you, that's how you get it.

Please note the disclaimers regarding pet tanking not being viable at level 70 in non-trivial content. Learn to kite, young one, or face the pain later and regret it.
            Necromancer of 70 levels and 250AA
            Winter's Legacy - Saryrn
            Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc!
            (We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.)

Comment

just ask a Mage for summon Pet weapons...

Comment

That's a nice little Scythe; even a minor improvement over my Harvester and I'd be able to dual-wield them! Where's this from, anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by Duke Roger@Dec 15 2005, 10:56 AM
                  That's a nice little Scythe; even a minor improvement over my Harvester and I'd be able to dual-wield them! Where's this from, anyways?
                  http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=24732
                  http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=45092

Scythe of Eternal Ice
                  MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM
                  Slot: PRIMARY
                  Skill: 2H Slashing Atk Delay: 47
                  DMG: 30 Dmg Bonus: 58
                  CHA: +8 INT: +6 HP: +20 MANA: +20
                  SV POISON: +9
                  Recommended level of 35.
                  Effect: Shroud of Hate (Combat)
                  WT: 7.5 Size: LARGE
                  Class: SHD
                  Race: ALL
                  Slot 1, Type 4

Found in:

* Miragul's Menagerie

Felicite Belbold`Oloth * My Kitchen * Gift of Darkness * Firiona Vie
                  Cachet Belbold`Oloth * Aumnyder Boytoy * Retired 01/31/2006

Comment

I think soneone said this already but our pets are warrior, they can use any classes weapons right? Because i posted this at another website and they said my pet couldn't use it.

Comment

Bah. Go and smother my dreams. :angry:

I can't access Allakhazam sites from work, which is why I need to make you guys look shit up for me. ^_^

Comment

We are the mightiest lookers of shit, Duke, so no worries.
                        Deathspeaker Dranul Lovebunny
                        70 Wraith of Reminiscence
                        Mithaniel Marr...now Saryrn
                        WARNING: The makers of Dranul Lovebunny cannot be held responsible for brains eaten during use.

Comment

I'm too lazy to look stuff up, right now. BUT, I know there is a discussion on this site about pets using weapons, regardless of pet "class" and weapon "class" limitations. Some of this was nerfed though, but I don't know what was and wasn't. People were equiping pets with shaman only weapons and slowing unslowable mobs, etc.

Comment

personally I am too cheap and lazy to bother with even loading my better pet buff glyph of darkness so Jebobar is born gets clicky pants and dies at pretty much same level he came in at.
                            Larks VonCleef

Comment

if you nec depend on your pets weapons, you have lost before you even start to fight.

so, pretty theoretical and academic discussion here, honestly.

Usul

well, before we start to talk about the real issues rest now about necromancy, could we please get 1st some cool pet models, and some undead horses? hell, we necs saw no changes like ages. we are next, please)

Comment

Working...
                              X