X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raqab
    replied
    I was almost getting ready to try a suit of elegant on a pet and then i changed guilds to the #2 guild on my server. We die so much in the end game its not worth twinking in full elegant, so i use mage toys. Just adding more perspective.

~Raq

Leave a comment:

• Drazzminius
    replied
    Aaaaah. Well, that makes sense. Summoned armor is still usually the best I can get for pet (especially at the prices!), but I won't feel so bad about putting Elegant Defiant on him in the event there's no Summoned in the Bazaar when I'm there...

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• scrat
    replied
    Word is, attunable weapons have never been destroyed. Also, visible slot attunables are not destroyed - only the non visible slots (jewelry).

Leave a comment:

• solithan
    replied
    They were "losing" the attunable gear when parked, but I believe this was fixed.

Leave a comment:

• Aiyee
    replied
    Well I also heard that pets destroy attunable, but last night I gave him an attunable defiant weapon..suspended him and zoned. When I unsuspended him he was still wielding it, hopefully it is the same way for the armor and over longer times/sessions.

Leave a comment:

• AneXus
    replied
    I wonder if shrouding to keep pet instead of suspending causes pet to lose attunable gear?

Leave a comment:

• Drazzminius
    replied
    A little while back, I'd done up a pseudo Magelo for my pet (obviously no summoned gear). I seem to remember reading recently that Attunable gear goes **poof** when you suspend the pet. Is this right? I always try to get summoned gear for JaBoner, but can't always be done. With the rock bottom prices for Elaborate and Elegant Defiant, it'd be nice to know that it's lasting more than just one session, LOL

Pet Magelo (kinda):
    http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1409741 - Elaborate
    http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1409741/378492 - Elegant
    Last edited by Drazzminius; 02-12-2009, 09:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sihk
    replied
    Kinda late response to this thread, but I used to run through HS alot and get those stun clubs like crazy. I put one on my pet and it stunned even the level 68 doomfire guardians I kited around at tables in pofire /shudder

It's a pretty awesome pet weapon...adamanite (spelling?) club I think it was called

Leave a comment:

• ThomasMGP
    replied
    When did pets start using weighted axe? He always ate them when I tried to give it to pet.

Leave a comment:

• encephalitis
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasMGP View Post
    You cant give pets no drops so had to have been the regular one. Even on FV where nothing is no drop pets still follow normal rules and cant wield No Drop weapons. There are still a number of 40+ damage weapons that will work which are nice. I usually use big 2 handers up until lvl 34 pets and have done so on every mage/necro/BL I have played. Even if pet can dual wield it doesnt mean he should. Also for a laugh anyone tried a full set of 450 HP dwerium gear lol. That would be 3600 HPs from those 8 pieces not counting prime belt :P
    Best bet for pet weapon is a Weighted Axe from the giant fort in Frontier Mountains.

45 base dmg plus 196 damage bonus is pure own at lower levels. Nice if it had HP. No biggie though. As mentioned in another thread, an easy way to level shrouds (if you so desire) is to kill in Upper Guk to get the brazier that has a charge of Summon Fire Elemental pet, shroud to level 10 or so, get a Forgotten Halls instance, click the brazier to make pet, give pet pet armor and that spiffy Weighted Axe and then just go to town on the bats.

The pet will mow them down.

Lots of people prefer proccing pet twink weapons. I just like weighted axe because I can get it in like 5 min at the giant fort, and can collect multiples to have one on hand in the bank.

Anyhow, works the same for regular pet as for this clicky-item pet. Give him armor, give him axe, and get the eff outta the way.

Fun times.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasMGP
    replied
    You cant give pets no drops so had to have been the regular one. Even on FV where nothing is no drop pets still follow normal rules and cant wield No Drop weapons. There are still a number of 40+ damage weapons that will work which are nice. I usually use big 2 handers up until lvl 34 pets and have done so on every mage/necro/BL I have played. Even if pet can dual wield it doesnt mean he should. Also for a laugh anyone tried a full set of 450 HP dwerium gear lol. That would be 3600 HPs from those 8 pieces not counting prime belt :P
    Last edited by ThomasMGP; 12-18-2007, 05:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Combine.Mastiphal
    replied
    How did you talk your pet into using a no drop axe?

Pet haste should be capped at the level you can camp the axe anyways.

Leave a comment:

• 321DOT
    replied
    if you truely want ot be a sick monkey then get your bag o bones a fables executioners axe next time the fabeled are up. That is sick DPS for a two handed weapon with stackable haste.

Leave a comment:

• scrat
    replied
    I did give pet one of those 20% haste shields once, and I distinctly remember it destroying the pet dps. It was long enough ago that I can't even remember if it was 70+ pets or 65+ pets; warrior or rogue. It made enough of an impression to remove any desire for further testing.

Leave a comment:

• encephalitis
    replied
    I'm wondering if adding the 20% haste shields from Arcstone (otherwise vendor trash) will in any way hinder pet dual wield ability.

Anyone know? Do pets equip shields? If so, what slot?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X