Rules for pet weapon equiping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules for pet weapon equiping?

ok, so I found A Weighted Axe last night in the bazaar for 20pp, and was really excited to see how it worked with my little Leering Corpse. I also picked up a Muzzle and Belt for 5pp each. I operned a trade window and placed the Muzzle, Belt, and Axe in the window. I hit "give" and poof! The axe is gone. Needless to say I was pretty disappointed.

Any ideas as to why this happened, and is there a ruleset for weapon use I haven't found yet?

Thanks in advance!

Ghastinus
    ~Ghastinus Vile~

Not pet usable. Flagged so specially, because pets ignore delay. Go pick up a set of Fists of Ixiblat instead. (Pet must be > 10th level to proc the effect&#33
    Necromancer of 70 levels and 250AA
    Winter's Legacy - Saryrn
    Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc!
    (We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.)

Comment

Thanks, I suspected as much. Is there a list somewhere with items that they've flagged unusable by pets? I'd hate to havve to do this by trial and error.

The summoned weapons are a good choice too, but I recently found that you can get a Fist of Bone from one of the Shadeweavers merchants (the one on the left as you enter the building) for 2sp each. I bought 6 to bank, and I think there may be an unlimited supply. It doesn't have the proc but does the same damage.
      ~Ghastinus Vile~

Comment

Thanks, I suspected as much. Is there a list somewhere with items that they've flagged unusable by pets? I'd hate to havve to do this by trial and error.
        I know of none... but I have a friendly mage who is always willing to provide me gear... even if it means I have to kick her out of the chair to get to her keyboard to get it.

...fists of bone...
        After your pet puts a few levels under his belt, the proc and stats are the only reason to get weapons - he'll stop using the damage number of the weapon you gave him, unless they're pretty nasty.

While you're picking up the fists from your local mage (donate&#33 you should ask for a belt, muzzle, and a suit of plate armor. With all of those things given to your pet, he will be MUCH happier, and tank like a pro. Before pet gets dual wield, ask for an Elemental Defender - the AC helps and as a shield, it is used for bashing.

...don't forget to donate if you're pestering people you don't know. Asking a mage to blow mana for you and not kicking something back to them is bad form.
        Winter's Legacy - Saryrn

Comment

best pet weapons are Tantor's tusk (50dmg) if you can afford it or weighty polearm (29dmg, like 100pp in baz)

pets always do exactly 2xbase dmg of weapon, so with tantor's tusk your pet will be hitting for 100...its how i powerlevel'd solo =)
          Master Tinker Dhau Knomancer

Comment

If I remember correctly, the flag to make some weapons not pet-equippable was added in the December 11 update.

It was a tactic used by some mages to equip their pet with a shaman-only weapon that procs a slow. This made it easier of course for them to use their pet as a tank and (GASP&#33 solo. Sony saw it unbalancing for pets to have weapons of this power and be able to be suspended and saved across multiple sessions of EQ. So sony nerfed it by adding this flag to all weapons, and initially only setting it on this one specific weapon. Time has passed of course and more wpns have since been added.

I know of no one that has compiled a list of weapons that pets can't equip. Not many are going to buy expensive weapons to give their pets anymore just to see the wpn poof. I can think of much better ways of spending my plat, like buying my lvl 66 spell runes!
            range\'>Famtin NiteHawke/retired.
            a level 67 noam necro on druzzil ro
            power from pain

Comment

Yea I believe the items say next to no drop and no rent should say no pet.
              Warlock Rikam
              Oppresor Thornak
              Archon Squizerl
              Stone Fist Caive

Comment

No Pet .... I love it!

As for equipping pet with armor, if you have any of the pet augs like summoners boon off DPoC and such doesnt the pet come into being wearing such armor?

Just curious if they changed that too...

Cig
                The Rathe Server (ex-Karana server before merge)
                Cigam Helspawn Magelo

Comment

As for equipping pet with armor, if you have any of the pet augs like summoners boon off DPoC and such doesnt the pet come into being wearing such armor?
                  I know this is true for mages.. I believe it is also true for necromancers, but have not the patience or time to prove it. However, if he is expected to tank, I also give my pet:

A full set of 66 mage jewelry. (Each piece adds HP, bracers may not equip)
                  Weapons/Mask/Belt (all 66+, adds hp, haste, procs, stats)
                  An elemental defender (goes in back slot, adds AC)
                  Virtue/Viction
                  Focus Buff (If possible)

But that's only for tanking situations - which are few and far between. (Though he tanked a bit in the PoJ trials last night...)
                  Winter's Legacy - Saryrn

Comment

Originally posted by Nirruden@Jun 27 2005, 03:00 PM
                    I know this is true for mages.. I believe it is also true for necromancers, but have not the patience or time to prove it. However, if he is expected to tank, I also give my pet:

A full set of 66 mage jewelry. (Each piece adds HP, bracers may not equip)
                    Weapons/Mask/Belt (all 66+, adds hp, haste, procs, stats)
                    An elemental defender (goes in back slot, adds AC)
                    Virtue/Viction
                    Focus Buff (If possible)

But that's only for tanking situations - which are few and far between. (Though he tanked a bit in the PoJ trials last night...)
                    I am similar, tho never thought to do the mage jewelry...

If I can my pet usually gets 66+ weapons and belt, the muzzle cuz there isntr a 66+ version 8-( ), conviction if I can get it (virtue if cant)... dont bother with chanter haste since rune of death (the 62 pet augment if Im remembering name wrong) overwrites and chanter haste seems to overwrite it) and the elemental shild... gotta remember to give shield AFTER the two weaps or it will steal the secondary slot.

mages pets can benefit from both the mage augment spell and chanter haste but not other brands of pets unfortunately.

Gonna have to try the mage jewelry.

If you try with armor and without let us know if there is a diff... I havent noticed a diff with summoners boon summoned pet ading armor but that dont mean there aint one. I may try the two ways too.

Cig
                    The Rathe Server (ex-Karana server before merge)
                    Cigam Helspawn Magelo

Comment

Originally posted by Sissl
                      Essentially when you summon a pet, the game will scan to see what is the highest level focus you own, then it will summon a completely different pet based on that focus. Pet foci aren't generating a "your pet gets +2 to damage, and 23 more regen a tick, and 500 more ac", but in actuality are summoning a completely different base pet depending on the focus.
                      This is straight from Sissl's Summit Summery. The pet's aren't summoned already wearing 'armor', it's merely a new pet that was summoned based on the highest focus you were wearing at the time.
                      "People are as entitled to their own aesthetically stunted taste as I am entitled to tell them how stupid they are, and as a good American, I relish the notion." -Dr. David Thorpe
                      Grand Occultist Xelgadis & Darkreaper Xelinia - Cestus Dei - *Retired*

[16:37:42] [1] [80:Yelena]: Welcome to Kilrogg, now stop playing like shit.

Comment

The pet's aren't summoned already wearing 'armor', it's merely a new pet that was summoned based on the highest focus you were wearing at the time.
                        Interesting. This implies that a suit of mage summoned armor (and jewelry, weapons, etc...) would all further increase the tanking ability of necromancer pets, over and above the initial boost from the focus.

500 AC pretty much dwarfs the ~100 AC one can get from armor+jewelry+shield, but as the warriors tell us, up to the cap, every bit helps. Pets are usually nowhere near any softcap (as far as I know) and thus should benefit to some (possibly small) degree from this additional equipment.
                        Winter's Legacy - Saryrn

Comment

The pet's aren't summoned already wearing 'armor', it's merely a new pet that was summoned based on the highest focus you were wearing at the time.
                          How do you come to this conclusion? They never said the new base model does not have full plate equipt already, and the patch message straight out said that focused 61+ pets have full plate equipt from the start. As a mage though, there are more advantages to giving your pets the jewelry, such as ID for your pet's lifetap, or in the case of the mage, for your fire pet's casting of ice comet.

Comment

The patch message said "mage" pets, it never mentioned Necro pets, it was part of the refining of pet focus, and that was one of the perks mage's got along with pet summoned with weapons already.
                            http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=799044

Comment

http://eqlive.station.sony.com/updates/rec...es.jsp?id=61541

They aren't going to have bst/nec pets be summoned with Mage summoned gear already, for the simple reason as it would be seen as a slight to the Mage class, the Mage pets got the gear, not Necs/Bsts.
                              http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=799044

Comment

Working...
                              X