Necro Pet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Necro Pet

Is there a way to summon a pet that is white, yellow or red to you? If there is how do you do it? I've had a white pet one time only at level 12...Trying to summon stronger pets, so I can fight stronger beasts...thanks for any help..

There was a time - 2 years back? - where you could get various levels of pet.

Don't quote me on this, but say for a given pet spell - say your Level 24 pet, you could cast it once and get a level 16,17,18,19, or 20 pet. Depended on how lucky you were... You'd watch to see how hard the pet hit to know what level it was.

Now, you cast the best pet spell you get, and you get out the best pet possible.

There are no ways (outside of "Pet Focus" items) to get a better pet. I'm level 68 and don't have any pet focus. You do get some pet buffs, and you can give a pet summoned weapons and items to help Boner out...

In summary, your best pet spell always summons the best pet you can get - and they will always be dark blue to you...

Good luck!

- Saetanis

Comment

At lower levels your pet will be white or even yellow to you at times I believe this will go away by the time you are 24ish to 29ish then the pet will always be dark blue going forward. Well unless you on purpose summon a lower one to pet pull, but that is a tatic not really used until you get higer in level.
      Larks VonCleef

Comment

I'm level 9 in the tutorial, and my pet is yellow to me (yikes&#33

Comment

Yes, at early levels and up to lvl 16 or so, you pet will be higher than you. Sony does this to offset just how lowly, and pitiful, a necro is when you first start out. It probably is different now with the new tutorial and the quests/equipment you can obtain but....

once upon a time... newbies would struggle just to make a single gold. then they had to get enough money for cloth armour and for their spells. Having a pet that was a higher level than you helped to balance the class as compared to the other newbies. You will find that you will depend on your pet's melee skills very early in life (and yours for that matter). Soon, though, you will get to learn fear kiting then aggro kiting.

as a side note... if your pet cons higher than you do... don't piss them off

ruk

Comment

At 61 with pet foci, my pet was yellow to me.
            67th Iksar Arch Lich -- Firiona Vie

Comment

Back in the Day ™ pets were summoned with a random level in a range. If you Google pet statistic charts, you can find ones with a range. People would destroy and resummon trying to get "a good one".

At some point SOE changed this so that each pet summoning spell would summon a pet of a particular known level (I guess at the request of the oft farmed skellingtons of Kurns).

Regardless of why.. it is no longer random.. as a few others have said. Summary:

Code:

Level Spell Name(moblvl)  Life Damage   Skills 
               1  Cavorting Bones(1)   30 10     None 
               4  Leering Corpse(5)    90 12     None 
               8  Bone Walk(9)      200 14/6    Bash 
               12  Convoke Shadow(11)   200 16/6    Bash 
               16  Restless Bones(16)   300 20/8/7   Bash, Kick 
               20  Animate Dead(19)    375 22/8/8   Bash, Kick, Double Attack 
               24  Haunting Corpse(22)  700 26/8/8   Bash, Kick, Double Attack 
               29  Summon Dead(25)    775 28/9/9   Bash, Kick, Double Attack, Dual Wield(with 2 weap)
               34  Invoke Shadow(29)   850 33/12/12  Bash, Kick, Double Attack, Dual Wield(bare handed) 
               39  Malignant Dead(33)  1000 39/15/15  Bash, Kick, Double Attack, Dual Wield 
               44  Cackling Bones(37)  1300 47/19/19  Bash, Kick, Double Attack, Dual Wield, Lifetap 
               49  Invoke Death(41)   2300 55/25/25  Bash, Kick, Double Attack, Dual Wield, Lifetap 
               53  Minion of Shadows(43) 1400 57/110-165 Backstab, Double Attack, Dual Wield, Lifetap 
               56  Servant of Bones(44) 1700 59/71   Flying Kick, Double Attack, Dual Wield, Lifetap 
               59  Emissary of Thule(47) 2700 69/40   Bash, Double Attack, Dual Wield, Lifetap, Fearless 
               61  Legacy of Zek(60)   3000 73/51/51  Bash, Kick, Double Attack, Dual Wield, Enrage, 
                                     Lifetap, Fearless 
               63  Saryrn's Compan(60)  2500 73/189-216 Backstab, Quad Attack, Dual Wield, Enrage, Lifetap, 
                                     Fearless, Assassinate 
               65  Child of Bertoxx(60) 4000 78/59/59  Bash, Kick, Quad Attack, Dual Wield, Enrage, Lifetap,
                                     Fearless, Self-Damage Shield
               67  Lost Soul(65)     6000 90/32/32  Bash, Kick, Quad Attack, Dual Wield, Enrage, Lifetap,
                                     Fearless, Improved Mitigation
               70  Dark Assassin(65)   ?   100/300s  Backstab, Quad Attack, Dual Wield, Enrage, Lifetap, 
                                     Fearless
              So if you are 4.. or 8.. you will get a yellow pet (if you have the spell).

Edit: And I just realized that those are the pre-revamp spell levels.. but they are close. To my knowledge, the pet levels are correct (unfocused).

Felicite Belbold`Oloth * My Kitchen * Gift of Darkness * Firiona Vie
              Cachet Belbold`Oloth * Aumnyder Boytoy * Retired 01/31/2006

Comment

Man, reading that Flying Kick on the monk pet again makes me wish that pet got upgraded. Always fun to see the graphic on that one. Of course, how would a spectre flying kick?
                Deathspeaker Dranul Lovebunny
                70 Wraith of Reminiscence
                Mithaniel Marr...now Saryrn
                WARNING: The makers of Dranul Lovebunny cannot be held responsible for brains eaten during use.

Comment

Probably better than snakes kicking....

Comment

Good little table Felicity, Thanks for posting that.

Comment

Chart is wrong,it is the 65 pet that has a self DS not the lvl 67 one.Not that it matters /shrug

Comment

Originally posted by FCseven@Dec 14 2005, 03:54 AM
                        Chart is wrong,it is the 65 pet that has a self DS not the lvl 67 one.Not that it matters /shrug
                        Um.. that's what it says?

Code:
                         65  Child of Bertoxx(60) 4000 78/59/59  Bash, Kick, Quad Attack, Dual Wield, Enrage, Lifetap,
                                               Fearless, Self-Damage Shield
                        67  Lost Soul(65)     6000 90/32/32  Bash, Kick, Quad Attack, Dual Wield, Enrage, Lifetap,
                                               Fearless, Improved Mitigation
                        70  Dark Assassin(65)   ?   100/300s  Backstab, Quad Attack, Dual Wield, Enrage, Lifetap,
                                               Fearless
                        Yes, it's the CoB that self damage shields (with a tasty emote).

Felicite Belbold`Oloth * My Kitchen * Gift of Darkness * Firiona Vie
                        Cachet Belbold`Oloth * Aumnyder Boytoy * Retired 01/31/2006

Comment

Think it just looks a little funny since formatting tables is not a strength of message boards. It was what I thought when I first glanced at the table too
                          Has fro, will travel
                          Wire Gnekroe

Comment

Do any necros even use pets anymore in raid situations? I havent used one in a while. Only use it while doing DoD/DoN missions, or kiting. Necro pets are nothing but shaman pets that can duel weild now. Makes me sad.
                            Kaceexiv

Dragon Council
                            Bertox

Comment

I use a pet for pushing, otherwise it's just on hold most of the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X