Pet Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Control

Recently I've noticed pets are not doing what they are told.

Wondering if you all have noticed this as well.

Cause it's pissing me off. I tell my pet to sit, then Pet hold. I take DMG, and the next thing I know, my pet is running after me getting killed by mobs I'm pulling.

VERY irritating.

haven't gotten that recently

was pet hold definitely the last command you sent?
    It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames.

Comment

Yes.

And to verify I spammed it over and over again.

Happened nearly everytime.

Comment

no problems for me yesterday, one thing that annoys me is...

/pet back
        /pet hold

MOB x hits me

/me FD
        /mob wanders away and 2 minutes later I lose aggro

/pull different MOB
        /pet attack MOB
        /pet and I kite pulled MOB

/MOB dies

/pet goes off to attack MOB that hit me previously

Obviously this is because '/pet hold' only stops pet from attacking MOB but doesn't take the MOB off pets hate list. This is done with '/pet back'. So you have to remember to '/pet back' after you have cleared MOBs aggro, or else pet will go after him once he is released.
        Raiguy Corpses - Dark Elf Necro

Comment

How does everyone else control their pets?

I am assuming everyone has all pet control AA's.

Comment

Not having any pet control AAs, I control my pet by spamming the Pet Back button and occasionally hitting Pet Go Away by accident. :unsure:

Comment

i have pet hold and use all the time... but if it's a change just since last patch i may not have noticed
              It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames.

Comment

we may want to pursue this matter somewhat...

I run about 4 to 6 creators every weekend (which earns me about 800 to 1200 crystals which i sell... am trying to work on my research skill.. ).

I have been seeing a tendency for my pet to run after another mob that I was not aware of that might have hit me with say a spell.

I have fd'd at least once to get my single mob but yet after I have killed it my pet may go after another mob (typically the sentries either just inside the entrance or back in the small hallway). I wont notice he took off until i see his health dropping. then i tell him to go away while i now have to fd.

I realize that it is easy to get zone aggro, doing a lvl 68 creator, because of the roamers who may be gaters and who do end up gating, but i have my /pet hold key set up to where i tell it to back off first then pet hold.

this isnt the first time we have seen programming mess with our pets... supposedly they fixed our pet equipment but I am hearing different.

I will continue to monitor this situation and see if it continues...

I only have the first level of /pet feign and so far all i see is 'Boner' has fallen to the ground....

Comment

Originally posted by quixand@Nov 2 2005, 07:31 PM
                  How does everyone else control their pets?

I am assuming everyone has all pet control AA's.
                  I have a hotkey called "hold" which has the following 3 lines:

/pet hold
                  /pet follow
                  /pet back off
                  Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Comment

Originally posted by rukasak@Nov 2 2005, 08:30 PM
                    I only have the first level of /pet feign and so far all i see is 'Boner' has fallen to the ground....
                    Pet feign is only useful at max ranks.

As for pets going off and trying to kill a mob that hit you before, they've been doing that since I can remember. I've just gotten into the habit of pressing my /pet back, /pet hold hotkey whenever I know I need to.

What I find really annoying is having to press "Follow" in order to get him to do so after I FD him.

I think you're just being paranoid about the patches, my friend.
                    Deathspeaker Dranul Lovebunny
                    70 Wraith of Reminiscence
                    Mithaniel Marr...now Saryrn
                    WARNING: The makers of Dranul Lovebunny cannot be held responsible for brains eaten during use.

Comment

Originally posted by Dranul@Nov 2 2005, 07:00 PM
                      I think you're just being paranoid about the patches, my friend.
                      ARE YOU CRAZY???

The patches will get you, they're everywhere, there's no escaping them, you can't run, you can't hide, you can only accept the inevitable...

PH34R the P4TCHZ0Rz

If electricity come from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Comment

/pet focus helps also in some situations.

Usul

well, before we start to talk about the real issues rest now about necromancy, could we please get 1st some cool pet models, and some undead horses? hell, we necs saw no changes like ages. we are next, please)

Comment

"/pet goes off to attack MOB that hit me previously"

I really hate when that happens,Usually I have to suspend and unsuspend pet when this happens so the moron dosent go attacking mobs at random.

Comment

The 2 hot keys I use are:

Pet Hold
                            /pet backoff
                            /pet hold

Pet Attack
                            /pet backoff
                            /pet attack

Pet focus is wonderful in raid situations although having to type it everytime you zone or suspend or make a new pet is an annoyance. The only potential problem I have with this set up is if I send a pet in to engage and another mob agros my pet. If I'm in the middle of casting a spell/clicky when the mob I sent my pet in to engage dies, then I don't have the ability to hit my pet hold key until I'm done casting. The other problem is of course that we don't have control over AA or epic clicky pets.

Neither of the above guarantee that the pet's agro list is clear by the time the second line is taken into account due to the lag between hotkey line execution. Ie. something can grab the pets attention in the time it takes to go from executing the first line in the hotkey to executing the second line, it's just a very short period and so should function perfectly nearly all the time.

Comment

Another quirk of Pet control and the pet FD

In howling stones the other night I was PLing my new cleric. Some idjit trains a bunch of mobs into my area. I cast a spell or two then decide that there are too many of them and just FD, let the cleric die, and pet starts whacking on mobs that hit me. So, I FD the pet too.

The mobs all eventually wander away and I get the enemies have forgotten you message. I wait a bit more while I run to grab a soda and come back and stand up, do /pet follow me and set up to do rez the cleric.

A full 3 or 4 minutes have passed since the train but all those mobs that were whacking my pet came back and jumped him again. I FD again and FD the pet and they leave. I did this a couple more times just to test it, and they always left me alone but jumped on the pet. Once I even root rotted a couple of repops while pet was FD'd and the training mobs never came back. Soon as I let the pet come back up they would all come back, no matter how long I waited.

I'm assuming that the pets FD has no 2 imunte mem wipe like ours does. Either that, or I'm getting old and senile and having hullicinations, or it's bugged.

Eventually, I just told the pet to get lost and summoned another one.
                              Nothin ain't worth nothin... but it's free

Comment

Working...
                              X